Debunked: Pepsi uses aborted fetus cells in their drinks

Say what? Where the heck did the Diet Pepsi info come from?

LOL, talking about Fluorine in Beer, better than drinking Diet Pepsi with the Aborted baby cells they put in it.......you didnt know? it was even in the wall street journal.

LOL, talking about Fluorine in Beer, better than drinking Diet Pepsi with the Aborted baby cells they put in it.......you didnt know? it was even in the wall street journal.

This is a bit of an urban legend, one that was being promoted at the Chemtrails conference. Is one of the extreme anti-abortion position that disapproves of using cell lines derived from aborted fetuses 40 years ago. HEK 293 in this case, and for research, not actually in the drink. HEK 293 is used for a vast amount of other things besides taste receptor research.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp

and
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welco....google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/
The cells, called HEK 293 cells (that stands for human embryonic kidney) were taken from an aborted fetus in the 1970s in the Netherlands. Bits of chopped up DNA from the adenovirus, a virus that causes a pretty severe cold. The kidney cells were forced to take up bits of DNA using a technique invented in 1973 that used a calcium solution. The resulting cells don't act much like human cells at all, but they are very easy to work with and have become workhorses of cellular biology. That's why they're used in the development of drugs and vaccines. (Here's the original paper on the creation of the HEK cells. ) No new fetal tissue has been used to keep the cell culture going; the use of this cell line isn't leading to new abortions.
Content from External Source

Last edited:
This is a bit of an urban legend, one that was being promoted at the Chemtrails conference. Is one of the extreme anti-abortion position that disapproves of using cell lines derived from aborted fetuses 40 years ago. HEK 293 in this case, and for research, not actually in the drink. HEK 293 is used for a vast amount of other things besides taste receptor research.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp

I found this article regarding the research:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/obama-agency-rules-pepsi-use-of-aborted-fetus-is-ordinary-business

Perhaps you were being facetious? If you believe it....perhaps you need to do more research...here's a start, they have some references in the explanation...http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/pepsi.asp

And of course....this cell line has been around for years and years.

Edit....should have read the whole thread...I see Mick already explained....

cheeple said:
Cheeple, I've seen enough bunk out of you in just this thread to make me doubt anything else you say, forever.

consider this:

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."
-Maurice Switzer, 1906, in Mrs. Goose, Her Book

Yes...I saw a reference to the same article in naturalnews.

I think the most important statements are...."To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings." And though I can't copy verbatim from SNOPES...."they are the workhorses of cellular biology and are used to develop medicines and vaccines"

Cheeple, I've seen enough bunk out of you in just this thread to make me doubt anything else you say, forever.

consider this:

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."
-Maurice Switzer, 1906, in Mrs. Goose, Her Book

For example?

Yes...I saw a reference to the same article in naturalnews.

I think the most important statements are...."To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings." And though I can't copy verbatim from SNOPES...."they are the workhorses of cellular biology and are used to develop medicines and vaccines"

Right, as far I can tell it's not in the food, yet they are just researching it for it's potential as a flavor enhancer, still creeps me out

Right, as far I can tell it's not in the food, yet they are just researching it for it's potential as a flavor enhancer, still creeps me out

No...that's not whats being done at all. Can you not read and understand what the articles say? In simple terms...they modified the cells to act as taste receptors and by measuring the biochemical or electrical changes when exposed to flavors and flavor enhancers, they can determine how a human would react to the flavor of those OTHER substances.

They are NOT researching how the cells themselves could be used as a flavor or flavor enhancer. Jeeeezzz....it's ignorance like that that has caused the whole uproar (not that it's very loud to most people).

If it's not in the food products...why did you say it was?

No...that's not whats being done at all. Can you not read and understand what the articles say? In simple terms...they modified the cells to act as taste receptors and by measuring the biochemical or electrical changes when exposed to flavors and flavor enhancers, they can determine how a human would react to the flavor of those OTHER substances.

They are NOT researching how the cells themselves could be used as a flavor or flavor enhancer. Jeeeezzz....it's ignorance like that that has caused the whole uproar (not that it's very loud to most people).

If it's not in the food products...why did you say it was?
It was a joke to Mick about Fluroide in the Beer, Geez i shoulda known, and they are using Aborted Baby cells from a kidney many generations deep but still the source of the cells are from an aborted baby, you can call that modified if you want, and they contracted with Senomyx who are researching them as a potential flavor enhancer. Remember Pepsico owns Taco Bell, FritoLay, and KFC to name a few, it's not just pepsi soda, I doubt they'll ever use the cells or atleast go public about it.

It was a joke to Mick about Fluroide in the Beer, Geez i shoulda known, and they are using Aborted Baby cells from a kidney many generations deep but still the source of the cells are from an aborted baby, you can call that modified if you want, and they contracted with Senomyx who are researching them as a potential flavor enhancer. Remember Pepsico owns Taco Bell, FritoLay, and KFC to name a few, it's not just pepsi soda, I doubt they'll ever use the cells or atleast go public about it.

They are not putting them in the drink, they use them as tools in research. Totally different things.

Once again...NO they ARE NOT. You seriously can't comprehend a simple statement I guess.

Gunguy, are your saying Pepsico is not contracted with Senomyx to research the potential flavor enhancing benefits of Human Cells.

Yes...thats exactly what I'm saying....what's so hard to understand? Did you read any of the material presented? Did you understand it?

Yes...thats exactly what I'm saying....what's so hard to understand? Did you read any of the material presented? Did you understand it?

I guess not, so what is the real reason pepsico has contracted with Semonyx for?
Or now they are not even contracted with, and never have been.

I guess not, so what is the real reason pepsico has contracted with Semonyx for?
Or now they are not even contracted with, and never have been.

Ok...one last time...read it slowly and tell me what isn't clear....

" In simple terms...they modified the cells to act as taste receptors and by measuring the biochemical or electrical changes when exposed to flavors and flavor enhancers, they can determine how a human would react to the flavor of those OTHER substances. They are NOT researching how the cells themselves could be used as a flavor or flavor enhancer."

The cells are basically taking the place of a human tester who says, bitter, sweet, sour, salty, etc.

ok would you agree with this

Pepsico has contracted with Semonyx using Human Cells to research flavor enhancement.

I know you dont consider them human cells anymore since they are many generations deep, so would you agree the cells originate from human cells.

Edit: Sorry I was a little rushed and gave a partial answer.

I originally replied "Yes I would agree they originate from human cells."

What I should have said was....

You "Pepsico has contracted with Semonyx using Human Cells to research flavor enhancement."

Me No....that is not accurate. This is...."Pepsico has contracted with Semonyx to research flavor enhancement. Semonyx uses a cell line derived from kidney cells from an aborted human fetus from the '70s in the Netherlands as a research tool. In no way are these modified cells an actual ingredient being considered as a flavor or flavor enhancer. This same cell line is used in many areas of biological and biomedical research."

You "I know you dont consider them human cells anymore since they are many generations deep, so would you agree the cells originate from human cells"

Me "Yes I would agree they originate from human cells."

Sorry still not good with all the quoting stuff....

Agreed...but as BS it deserves at least a little time...and I have plenty for something this simple.

There was a large display about this at the chemtrail conference, and some guy gave me a leaflet about it, which I unfortunately I misplaced. It was about how "Senomyx" was this new miracle ingredient made from dead babies that was going to be added to EVERYTHING.

This display was on the same table as Michael Murphy was using to sell DVDs.

Anthony Hilder has a video about it:

[bunk]"We are talking about aborted babies by the millions being dried and ground up and put into the juices that you drink, your sodas"[/bunk]

It's crazy, and so obviously incorrect. And yet people believe it without question. And Hilder is being serious here, if you can't tell.

Oh Lord...I didn't realize it was that big a deal. Must be a precursor to acceptance of Soylent Green?

I don't think I've ever seen AJ....now I know why. All he has to do is say "that's confirmed" and the lemmings lap it up.

This thread was originally made of several posts from the "fluoride" thread (as noted at the top) - there had already been discussion of the topic, the debunking had already been identified.

Why not make a statement then on a faq page? Why continue the discussion? If it was truly debunked, then why make a whole new thread to discuss anything more about it?

Because that is a standard format in this blog - if something is debunked then a thread titled "Debunked: whatever it is..." highlights it.

You are perfectly free to discuss the debunking if you want - are you saying the debunking is actually wrong??

Becaue that is a standard format in this blog - if something is debunked then a thread titled "Debunked: whatever it is..." highlights it.

You are perfectly free to discuss the debunking if you want - are you saying the debunking is actually wrong??

Yeah, I am actually. According to sources I have uncovered, the fetus tissue is not used to test flavors, it is used to produce them.
http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pepsi_fetal_cells_business_operations.html

EDIT: My bad, it IS used to test flavors, but it also says that it is used to produce flavors.

Perhaps you should read your own source, since it says the fetal tissue IS used to test flavours:

To be clear, the aborted fetal tissue used to make Pepsi's flavor chemicals does not end up in the final product sold to customers, according to reports -- it is used, instead, to evaluate how actual human taste receptors respond to these chemical flavorings. But the fact that Pepsi uses them at all when viable, non-human alternatives are available illustrates the company's blatant disregard for ethical and moral concerns in the matter.
Content from External Source

GG45 - you aren't suggesting that this has been discussed and debunked already are you???

:cool:

I know it said that it is used to evaluate the flavors, but it may have multiple uses. It also says that it is used to produce the flavors. Don't blame me for pointing out what is stated. I am no authority on this subject and I assume none of you are either. We can only go off of what is said unless we do our own research and prove otherwise. Speculating will get us no closer to the truth. I have an open mind on this and I am not going to assume that a possibility (that is even stated no less) that has not been addressed is debunked.

The article says that the tissue is used to test the flavours - which is legitimately part of the production process - but that is not what is being debunked.

So you either do not understand what you have read, or you do not understand what is actually being debunked here.

Back