Debunked: Al gore admits to chemtrails

Jacko Neill

Can anyone debunk the video where al gore admits chemtrails? Just search " al gore chemtrails " on youtube. My friend who is a hardcore believer in chemtrails always sends me to that video as "Proof"
http://www.infowars.com/al-gore-talks-about-chemtrails-on-ellen-show/

Ellen: “There’s a rumor, I don’t know if this is true or not, that some scientists are trying to figure out a way to block the sun to try to slow down global warming.”

Al Gore: “It’s a measure of the feeling of desperation that some of them feel…”

Ellen: “Are they really thinking they can do that?”

Gore: “Well, some of them are seriously proposing, and I think it’s completely nuts [laughter], you know, you put another kind of pollution, sulfur dioxide, up to orbit…cover the atmosphere, the sky won’t be really blue in the way it is now anymore, but it would block out some of the sun’s heat so that we wouldn’t have to take the difficult steps to stop spewing all this global warming pollution into the atmosphere.”

Ellen: “Mm hmm.”

Gore: “And of course, there are a lot of problems with what they’re proposing. It turns out plants need sunlight,”

Ellen: “Yes”

Gore: “It wouldn’t stop the acidification of the oceans and it really should be yet another wake-up call for why we need to stop putting all this pollution out there. We put 90 million tons every day up there, and that’s what’s drying out the soil…that’s what’s contributing to the worsening of these fires in the West, West Nile Virus worst outbreak ever last year, Superstorm Sandy.”
Content from External Source

Last edited by a moderator:
He's simply discussing the possible use of geoengineering in the future. He does not "admit" to any current use, and in fact he thinks we should not do it in the future, as he thinks it distracts from the carbon issues.

He doesn't admit it at all. NONE of the "admitted" claims hold up. If you ask the claimant to quote the actual admission words, they just fall silent.

The believers often seem to think that the "90 million tons" refers to how much is being "sprayed" for geoengineering. It's really the amount of CO2 (roughly) that we release into the atmosphere via fossil fuel combustion.

Back