Court of Appeals ruling - Banks may take money from Allocated Accounts

It's not unusual for people to retire, quit, die or get fired...happens everyday in all industries...

So, in order to show that it is unusual, you need to provide context. How hard is that to understand?

It's not unusual for people to retire, quit, die or get fired...happens everyday in all industries...

So, in order to show that it is unusual, you need to provide context. How hard is that to understand?
Exactly my point how hard IS IT to understand......

So, in other words, you can't provide any context and you are just making things up to fit your bias....

Debunked.

I provided the context the bankers are getting out of the industry in droves, if you consider the direction of the Global economy in that context it's completely understandable.

Buts that just it...you say " droves" but is it ? That's why context is important. Just saying "droves" cuz you think 600 is a big number doesn't mean it is....

600 out of how many? 700? Or 70000?

How many quit, retired, died, we're fired during a similar period of time previously.

I have explained this several times now....this is my last.

You clearly have no context and just read it on an alarmist blog and have incorporated into your bias.

Why do you keep saying I have a Bias? thats a strange way to Phrase it.
I provided the facts, the context, and my rhetoric based on unbias rationale.

You do not understand the concept of context if you think you have provided some....

You ignore every example I have provided...which undermines your argument.

Taking an aggregate of data and assigning a single reason to it...without any context...is easily attributed to bias.

You are guessing as to the reason for every incident on your list...and your reasoning is based on your bias.

Do you know what bias means?
it means prejudice in favor of something

I dont have a prejudice in favor of an economic collapse, I would much rather have a strong economy and quality of life for myself and my daughter, if I were to shut my eyes and believe everything will be ok simply because I want everything to be ok, that would be bias.

Cheeple, why don't you just post comparative figure for the last ten years, then you can demonstrate how unusual this is?

Cheeple, why don't you just post comparative figure for the last ten years, then you can demonstrate how unusual this is?
from 9/1/2011 to 12/31/2011 - 147 Executive Bankers resigned
from 1/1/2012 to 4/22/2012 - 464 Executive Bankers resigned

a negligible percentage died or were forced to resign

This list includes Banks, Investment Houses, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Equity Funds, Savings Retirement Funds and other shadow banking organizations. The line is very blurry between these entities, some are owned by banks some are banks, some invest in banks as well as owning entire industries

The list is available here

This list includes Banks, Investment Houses, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Equity Funds, Savings Retirement Funds and other shadow banking organizations. The line is very blurry between these entities, some are owned by banks some are banks, some invest in banks as well as owning entire industries

Again, how does this compare to the last ten years.

This is like posting rainfall figures for the two last quarters and claiming they are unusual.

Again, how does this compare to the last ten years.

This is like posting rainfall figures for the two last quarters and claiming they are unusual.

No stats other than random periodic retirements, Executive level bankers dont resign in the prime of their career so when one does it stands out and when 600+ do it really stands out in the industry, and they're not getting back into banking even though they have the skills and experience, either they are not in demand anymore or it's a personal choice.

You may not want an economic collapse but that does not mean you are not biased toward thinking one is coming.

You make broad generalizations, speculation that exposes your bias.

It's easily debunked.

Taking an aggregate of data and assigning a single reason to it...without any context...is easily attributed to bias.

You are guessing as to the reason for every incident on your list...and your reasoning is based on your bias.

No stats other than random periodic retirements, Executive level bankers dont resign in the prime of their career

Of course they do. It's called retirement, or it's called getting a better job elsewhere. What, you think they go back to work in the mail room before they retire? And in the corporate world, moving jobs is the main way of getting a bigger compensation package.

Really if you've got nothing to compare it against, then it's meaningless.

You may not want an economic collapse but that does not mean you are not biased toward thinking one is coming.

You make broad generalizations, speculation that exposes your bias.

It's easily debunked.

I'm not making broad generalizations I'm stating my opinion based on the trend I see. Once again I thought I made myself clear I dont have a Bias one way or the other, I look at the information from an unbiased point of view and reason based on facts and trends. The facts and trends are there, I dont think even you would disagree on that.

they're not getting back into banking even though they have the skills and experience, either they are not in demand anymore or it's a personal choice.

You say that but I showed one example of the guy who resigned...so, he could join the Federal Reserve. How does that add credibility to your argument that they all quit because they think an economic collapse is coming?

Granted its only one example...but there was another one where he resigned one position only take another position in the same bank...

So, it's folly to make broad generalizations about why they all quit.

You say that but I showed one example of the guy who resigned...so, he could join the Federal Reserve. How does that add credibility to your argument that they all quit because they think an economic collapse is coming?

Granted its only one example...but there was another one where he resigned one position only take another position in the same bank...

So, it's folly to make broad generalizations about why they all quit.
Once again 2 of the 611 died, and now 1 of them resigned and took a position with the federal reserve, thats a negligible amount and gives no creditibility to presume based on these few examples theres not a bigger picture here. Look at the facts and the trends from a truly unbiased point of view and decide what a rationale answer could be.

So, review the rest invidually and determine the exact set of circumstances that led their transition...rather than assigning a purpose based on your bias.

A quick look shows a lot of various reasons...one exec had been there for 33yrs...retired...but will remain on the board....sound pretty standard.

One was Rick Perry's son (at 28 yrs hardly an executive) who quit join his fathers campaign....

Is that part of your trend?

CEO turnover is not an issue exclusive to the financial industry. Most CEO's have spent many years climbing the ladder enjoying lucrative salaries and perks along the way, thus they're already wealthy long before they become CEO. Once the position of CEO is obtained there is great incentive to take the golden parachute and retire as soon as possible with great wealth while still relatively young enough to enjoy it. If I were in their shoes I'd jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat. Some CEO's resign from one company to take a position as CEO with a competitor or at a company in a different industry, in other words there is also a revolving door to some extent.

CEO turnover level points to wider trends

13 Percent CEO Turnover, Highest Rate in Six Years

CEO Turnover At Six-Year High As Apple Joins PG&E In Transition

Want To Be A CEO? Stay Put

Even though many CEOs spend decades crawling up to the top, the stay in the corner suite is often short lived. Since we last published our Forbes 500s directory in March 2002, 9.4% of the 802 companies surveyed have made changes at the top tier. When it comes time for choosing a replacement, most companies selected from within. Indeed, 86% of organizations appointed CEOs from inside, drawing primarily high-level executives who have been with the company for many years. 29% of newly minted chieftains served as chief operating officers.
[..]
So you would think that after all those years of faithful service, corporate climbers would finally revel in the glory for a while--not so. 72% of CEOs have held their positions for less than five years, with a median tenure of three years. Willie Lomans of the world should take heart: By the time CEOs make it to the top it's practically time to retire.

Again, what makes CEO turnover unique to the financial industry, or at all unusual for any industry?

So, review the rest invidually and determine the exact set of circumstances that led their transition...rather than assigning a purpose based on your bias.
I refer to my previous statement, I'm not biased, yet you keep repeating it, it's verbally combative, if you disagree thats one thing but but now your insinuating I'm being dishonest, no need to respond I wont respond to you.

I did not insinuate or otherwise suggest you are being dishonest. I merely pointed out that your notions and generalizations regarding the set of data you provided reflect your...particular world view....

So you acknowledge that over 600 Banking professionals from around the world have retired, were forced out, or died since September 2001 ( i edited my post dont know why i said in the last year)

I'm not sure you even know what you are saying.

Your link shows 2011/2012....so is that what you really mean or did you mean since 2001 which you said earlier?

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. I was just re-reading to make sure I was up to date and noticed it.

Also......though many of those mentioned did indeed just resign with no reason given, reading between the lines at times, some were given the boot, some were asked to resign to save face, some had been with the company more than 30 years (the last 3 or 4 in the top spot) one quit to start his own bank. One didn't even leave a banking job, he quit as an adviser to Toyota so that he could KEEP the bank job. One wasn't a banker at all but the co-executive director of SAG-AFTRA. And she'd already been working at AFTRA for over 30 yrs. That was starting at the end and working back...and I'm only to 595. So out of 16 people it looks like at least 7 are retiring, changing jobs, going to competitors, starting their own business, or shouldn't have even been on the list to begin with. So in just that sample, 44% have perfectly valid reasons for leaving.

I wonder what the percentage of retirement eligible Government employees do the same thing? Or mid level execs in any company?

I'm not sure you even know what you are saying.

Your link shows 2011/2012....so is that what you really mean or did you mean since 2001 which you said earlier?

Yeah thats over 600 since 2011, I got mixed up and put 2001 in one of the posts.

Yeah thats over 600 since 2011, I got mixed up and put 2001 in one of the posts.

Cheeple,

I can see that you are trying to make teh blind see but you can't make someone listen who does not want to hear. When you read through the rpelies you can see who is interested in seeing proof of your cliam and who are just trying to shoot down anything you have to say because they aren't interested in the truth; just making sure that their perception of the world is not shattered. For some who are still asleep and living in "everythings alright land" the pain of waking up and realizing the truth is as painful as an addict going through withdrawl. If you've ever seen someone go thru that or been through it yourself then you know that they will do anything to keep their world real and I do mean anything.

You shoudl ignore any who are just interested in refuting anything you have to say and focus on those who are just asking to see the prrof of your cliams.

Thanks for posting and remember..

Half of the legal populace of this country is NOT on some form of Welfare (I have to say legal else the illegals are factored in to reduce the over all number and make the statisics look better then they are)
There is no future in Gold, SIlver and precious metals in general (why else would Sorors, Rothchild and other titans in finance be buying gold/silver in large quantities and betting against the Euro )
The TSA are NOT operating outside of airports ( http://www.infowars.com/tsa-rifles-through-bags-conducts-pat-downs-at-paul-ryan-event/ )
The Media is NOT controlled (A google search on TSA + Paul Ryan retruns only alternative web sites and a NEWS only search retruns nothing about the event)

ABove All Else, no one listens to Conspiracy Theorists liek Alex Jones and thats why his show is rated so far down the charts and why his subscribver base is soo low.

focus on those who are just asking to see the prrof of your cliams

Thats all anyone is asking! Did you see my post? 44% of the people on the list (out of the 16 I looked at) have perfectly valid reasons for moving on. Provide something other than a list...maybe some historical perspective or other industries moves and retirements.

No one said there is no future in gold or metals.....just that in a total collapse...they wouldn't be that important.

What part of Transportation Security Administration prevents them from being at train and bus stations? btw...infowars links almost always just lead you from one infowars story to another. When you finally do find an actual report...it's nowhere near as sensational as the original story would have you believe.

As to Alex Jones, well....not much needs to be said. Anyone espousing the right stuff will get a fan base. Just like the chemtrail people, Jim and Tammy, Jimmy Swaggart, the psychic network people, etc.

Very accusatory and presumptuous, I provided a comprehensive list as requested.

Did you look at the site server?

It's tied to disasterandemergencysurvival.com and these domains:

disasterandemergencysurvival.com (prepper supplies)
theemergencyfoodsupply.com (prepper supplies)
thepersonalsecurity.com (guns)
theantichristisnot.com (conspiracy theories)
signsofthelastdays.com (apocalypse blog)
endoftheamericandream.com (conspiracy theories)
lifeafterheavenandhell.com (come to Jesus blog)
addictionrecoveryhope.com (come to Jesus blog)

And these:

plussizediscountclothing.com which is for fat preppers/survivalists.
frenchprovincialfurniture.com for the preppers/survivalists who are very demanding and have exquisite tastes for antique furnishings.
thekidsroomdecor.com where you'll find everything you need to furnish the private bunkers/bomb-shelters for your children.

Best thing you can do, go find your Windows Hosts file which will be here C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC for Vista and XP. Open HOSTS with Notepad. Find the line in the file that says:

127.0.0.1 Localhost

and then type

127.0.0.1 name of the URL you want to block

For example to block the MySpace.com homepage (highly recommended!), simply type:

127.0.0.1 theeconomiccollapseblog.com
127.0.0.1 globalresearch.ca
127.0.0.1 leap2020.eu
127.0.0.1 debka.com

For reasons I can't explain, you might have to have both theeconomiccollapseblog.com and www.theeconomiccollapseblog.com (and so on). Close Notepad and hit "Yes" to save the file, the restart your computer. You should get a message that says "The page cannot be displayed" if you did it correctly.

That will save you a lot of trouble. This is from about 9 months ago:

17 Quotes About The Coming Global Financial Collapse That Will Make Your Hair Stand Up

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...al-collapse-that-will-make-your-hair-stand-up

This is one of my personal favorites:

Global Collapse of the Fiat Money System: Too Big To Fail Global Banks Will Collapse Between Now and First Quarter 2011
When Quantitative Easing Has Run Its Course and Fails

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20853

Reputable sites do not advertise to buy gold/silver, or sell "prepper" supplies, and other such nonsense. Their only function is to prey on the ignorant by frightening them into coughing up money.

Whoever you got this stuff from has misconstrued the Court's ruling. What is applicable here is the Commodity Exchange Act under Title 7 US Code. Title 7 contains no banking regulations. With few exceptions, banking regulations fall under Title 12 US Code. In any legal action that involves banks, the Court's ruling has no power, authority, effect or sway, because it's under the CEA. It would be illegal for a bank to do what this brokerage firm did. One reason why is the fractional reserve requirement, which requires bank to keep a certain amount of money on hand (the majority of banks did that voluntarily before the laws were enacted). The FDIC covers banks, but not brokerage or commodities trading firms. Why? Because those are governed by the CEA, and not federal banking acts or regulations.

I'll be the first to tell you that your economy sucks, it's going to suck for a very, very long time, and it will never really get better, but it will not collapse. I know collapse sounds "romantic" to a lot of people, but that isn't how things work. It's economics not a tent. There's not going to be any rioting, or bread lines or any other fun things.

The 7th Court of Appeals has ruled Banking institutions can take any funds entrusted to them by clients in allocated accounts on deposit may be used as collateral for loans with other financial institutions to fund their proprietary trading (ala Jon Corzine).

Court of Appeals ruling - OOPS we made a mistake.

August 17, 2012
District Court Reconsiders Segregated Funds Ruling, Finds Liability

The district court for the Northern District of Illinois reconsidered its earlier ruling that a dual-registered entity had not committed a segregated funds violation under Section 4d of the Commodity Exchange Act. Upon reconsideration, the court ruled that although the entity was not actually functioning as an FCM, the scope of Section 4d(b) plainly encompasses persons beyond FCMs, and the entity was liability for segregated funds violations.

Reconsideration

The CFTC asked the court to reconsider its ruling with respect to Section 4d(b) of the CEA. The CFTC asserted that Sentinel violated Section 4d(b) because it allegedly removed securities from its FCM-clients’ segregated accounts and placed them in lienable clearing accounts, where they were commingled with Sentinel’s proprietary securities and improperly pledged as collateral for the BONY loan for the benefit of the House Portfolio. CFTC contended that the court’s ruling was in error because Section 4d(b) protects FCMs’ customer funds from commingling and misappropriation by third parties like Sentinel.

The court agreed, finding that its earlier ruling had misinterpreted the scope of Section 4d(b), as made evident by the text and the purpose of the statute. The scope of Section 4d(b) plainly encompasses persons beyond FCMs. Section 4d(b)’s nonexhaustive list of the types of entities that could legally hold FCMs’ customers’ funds indicates that Congress intended to hold entities like Sentinel liable in the event they misappropriated or commingled any of the FCMs’ customers’ funds.
Content from External Source
There are very strict rules that govern what FMCs can do with funds in segregated accounts. In the first ruling the judge seems to have determined that The Sentinel management Group Inc. was not acting as an FMC and therefore was not bound by those rules. The Commodities Futures Trading Commission stepped in, informing the judge that the commodities exchange act applies to firms like Sentinel. The judge seems to agree.

The full article can be found here at the Wolters Kluwer web site.

It will be interesting to see how Infowars is going to spin this news. What do you make of this news Cheeple?

Court of Appeals ruling - OOPS we made a mistake.

August 17, 2012
District Court Reconsiders Segregated Funds Ruling, Finds Liability

The district court for the Northern District of Illinois reconsidered its earlier ruling that a dual-registered entity had not committed a segregated funds violation under Section 4d of the Commodity Exchange Act. Upon reconsideration, the court ruled that although the entity was not actually functioning as an FCM, the scope of Section 4d(b) plainly encompasses persons beyond FCMs, and the entity was liability for segregated funds violations.

Reconsideration

The CFTC asked the court to reconsider its ruling with respect to Section 4d(b) of the CEA. The CFTC asserted that Sentinel violated Section 4d(b) because it allegedly removed securities from its FCM-clients’ segregated accounts and placed them in lienable clearing accounts, where they were commingled with Sentinel’s proprietary securities and improperly pledged as collateral for the BONY loan for the benefit of the House Portfolio. CFTC contended that the court’s ruling was in error because Section 4d(b) protects FCMs’ customer funds from commingling and misappropriation by third parties like Sentinel.

The court agreed, finding that its earlier ruling had misinterpreted the scope of Section 4d(b), as made evident by the text and the purpose of the statute. The scope of Section 4d(b) plainly encompasses persons beyond FCMs. Section 4d(b)’s nonexhaustive list of the types of entities that could legally hold FCMs’ customers’ funds indicates that Congress intended to hold entities like Sentinel liable in the event they misappropriated or commingled any of the FCMs’ customers’ funds.
There are very strict rules that govern what FMCs can do with funds in segregated accounts. In the first ruling the judge seems to have determined that The Sentinel management Group Inc. was not acting as an FMC and therefore was not bound by those rules. The Commodities Futures Trading Commission stepped in, informing the judge that the commodities exchange act even applies to firms like Sentinel. The judge seems to agree.

The full article can be found here at the Wolters Kluwer web site.

It will be interesting to see how Infowars is going to spin this news. What do you make of this news Cheeple?
Not sure if a court ruling even matters to the DHS or the white house, I dont actually go to infowars or watch alex Jones used to but he was giving me anxiety and raising my blood pressure, LOL, but if we simply go by the "reconsideration" then guess we can consider this thread closed.

The Feds do whatever they want so long as :

A) They can get away with it
B) Few people if any make a stink about it. The Feds are all about trial and retract. The send out a trial balloon (metaphor for some act they know is illegal/unconstitutional) and if too few persons get mad and raise a stink about it then they move forward to the next stage. If the get enough heat then they back down and simply wait a while before trying again or try an alternative approach.

Just look at the "No Free Speech" zones they‘ve enacted (something that even this sites owner has admitted to being real and cause for concern) and how few people outside the COnspiracy community said anything. I can remember back in the 80s and 90s how there were always protests going on anywhere and everywhere especially if it was some place the president was going to be. Today, thanks to recent unconstitutionally passed laws you can now be guilty of a felony for practicing your right to free speech if you make the mistake of doing it somewhere that the government has decided is a no-free speech zone.

The idea that the Feds can even enact a "free speech zone" should be alarming to everyone and yet most are more concerned about who won last night’s round of American Idiot on TV. We can’t count on the courts either because the SACOTUS has already OK's laws its said are unconstitutional. The media is even worse as its controlled. There’s a great video on how the media attacked Nullification a short while back when some states started talking about using Nullification to say no to the Feds unconstitutional demands (via laws, mandates and you name it). They associated Nullification with white supremacists and one fox news person had the gal to say that the 10th amendment is bogus and unenforceable because of the supremacy clause.

Thomas Jefferson’s draft of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 first introduced the word “nullification” into American political life, and follow-up resolutions in 1799 employed Jefferson’s formulation that “nullification…is the rightful remedy” when the federal government reaches beyond its constitutional powers. In the Virginia Resolutions of 1798, James Madison said the states were “duty bound to resist” when the federal government violated the Constitution. And yet if anyone speaks of States rights or resisting the Feds via the use of Nullification they get labeled as an extremists.

It’s good to see someone said something about this ruling and got clarification but that doesn’t change the fact that other outrageous rulings from SCOTUS. The Federal Government (all 3 branches) and most of the public have forgotten that the Feds work for the states which in turn work for the people and that the Federal Government is supposed to be an entity of very narrowly defined powers. Man its frustrating how so many seemingly intelligent thinking people can not see how ethers any cause for concern.

The Feds do whatever they want so long as :

A) They can get away with it
B) Few people if any make a stink about it. The Feds are all about trial and retract. The send out a trial balloon (metaphor for some act they know is illegal/unconstitutional) and if too few persons get mad and raise a stink about it then they move forward to the next stage. If the get enough heat then they back down and simply wait a while before trying again or try an alternative approach.

Just look at the "No Free Speech" zones they‘ve enacted (something that even this sites owner has admitted to being real and cause for concern) and how few people outside the COnspiracy community said anything. I can remember back in the 80s and 90s how there were always protests going on anywhere and everywhere especially if it was some place the president was going to be. Today, thanks to recent unconstitutionally passed laws you can now be guilty of a felony for practicing your right to free speech if you make the mistake of doing it somewhere that the government has decided is a no-free speech zone.

The idea that the Feds can even enact a "free speech zone" should be alarming to everyone and yet most are more concerned about who won last night’s round of American Idiot on TV. We can’t count on the courts either because the SACOTUS has already OK's laws its said are unconstitutional. The media is even worse as its controlled. There’s a great video on how the media attacked Nullification a short while back when some states started talking about using Nullification to say no to the Feds unconstitutional demands (via laws, mandates and you name it). They associated Nullification with white supremacists and one fox news person had the gal to say that the 10th amendment is bogus and unenforceable because of the supremacy clause.

Thomas Jefferson’s draft of the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 first introduced the word “nullification” into American political life, and follow-up resolutions in 1799 employed Jefferson’s formulation that “nullification…is the rightful remedy” when the federal government reaches beyond its constitutional powers. In the Virginia Resolutions of 1798, James Madison said the states were “duty bound to resist” when the federal government violated the Constitution. And yet if anyone speaks of States rights or resisting the Feds via the use of Nullification they get labeled as an extremists.

It’s good to see someone said something about this ruling and got clarification but that doesn’t change the fact that other outrageous rulings from SCOTUS. The Federal Government (all 3 branches) and most of the public have forgotten that the Feds work for the states which in turn work for the people and that the Federal Government is supposed to be an entity of very narrowly defined powers. Man its frustrating how so many seemingly intelligent thinking people can not see how ethers any cause for concern.

It's true, I hear the most frightening things daily like what your talking about "Free Speech Zones", but it's ok since i'm not out there protesting, Police disarm law abiding gun owners during Katrina , but it's ok cause I dont believe in guns, Obama has two America Citizens killed without trial but thats ok cause we're fighting "terrorism", Secret Service illegally arrests Brandon Raub over his Facebook posts and it's ok cause he shouldn't have said 9/11 was an inside job, Drones monitor Americans now but it's ok cause "I dont have anything to hide", it will continue til one day our country is unrecognizable but thats ok i'll just keep drinking fluoridated water and taking my anti-depressants to stay pacified who needs a constitutional government when we could have a progressive one.

It was the CFTC (i.e the Feds) that first sued Sentinel for fraud 4 years ago and sanctioned accounting firms for audit failures. It was the CFTC that filed an appeal after loosing the first case against Sentinel. Then, after losing the appeal, it was the CFTC that convinced the court to reconsider it's decision. It was the CFTC that prevailed in showing that Sentinel was liable for funds violations. Where did the CFTC do something "illegal/unconstitutional" in the Sentinel case?

Because of the unusual way Sentinel was registered with the SEC and the CFTC, the court correctly ruled that Sentinel was not a full fledged futures commission merchant (FCM), and therefor it technically didn't have segregated accounts. Consequently there was no case for fraud. It was after the CFTC pointed out that the Commodity Exchange Act addressed even unusual firms like Sentinel regarding segregated accounts, that the court changed it's ruling and found Sentinel liable. Where did the court do something "illegal/unconstitutional" in the Sentinel case?

Also I do feel this is related, the Department of Homeland security has been circulating a memo to banks that they may seize safety deposit boxes citing the "Patriot Act" and may seize Precious metals, Firearms unless prior to 1878, and Pornography to name a few or anything they view as "Contraband", This is an attack on our property rights and our 2nd amendment rights.

According to in-house memos now circulating, the DHS has issued orders to banks across America which announce to them that "under the Patriot Act" the DHS has the absolute right to seize, without any warrant whatsoever, any and all customer bank accounts, to make "periodic and unannounced" visits to any bank to open and inspect the contents of "selected safe deposit boxes."

[...snip...]

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52464-do-not-use-safety-deposit-boxes/?#ixzz24DS85zxV

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52464-do-not-use-safety-deposit-boxes/#ixzz1QyFkFDSB

I'd like to see a source for this. Link?

I went to the link, scrolled down, and randomly clicked the reference link in this entry:

128. 12/20/11 (USA MA) Century Bancorp, Inc., Director Roger S. Berkowitz resigned.
http://goo.gl/bbdeT

At http://goo.gl/bbdeT ...

... Roger S. Berkowitz resigned from his position as Director of Century Bancorp, Inc. and Century Bank and Trust Company. Mr. Berkowitz was elected to the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and it is required that he relinquish any position that he holds in any other bank.

Mr. Berkowitz DIDN'T leave banking, he resigned his position at Century Bancorp to take his new job at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. He just transferred positions.

Every one of the references at that page would have to be verified.

Here are some more examples:

10/14/11 (USA TX) Deutsche Bank Investment Advisor Griffin Perry resigns, SEC regulations prevented him from campaigning for his father Rick Perry's Presidential campaign.
http://goo.gl/R0PgH

So Griffin Perry resigned to work on his fathers election campaign.

11/15/11 (USA NY) Icahn Enterprises LP, senior managing director of health-care investing, Alex Denner, has resigned.
http://goo.gl/X1A4i
[..]
Carl Icahn’s top health-care investing executive, Alex Denner, has resigned from the billionaire’s firm, said a person with knowledge of the decision. Denner was said to be planning his own hedge fund.

Alex Denner resigned in order to start his own hedge fund to remain firmly entrenched in the financial industry.

2/08/12 (USA OH) Cleveland International Fund (CIF) private equity fund, A. Eddy Zai launched and led the Cleveland International Fund, an investment outfit that pairs wealthy foreign investors hoping for U.S. residency with job-creating projects. Zai resigned from his job this week, before being indicted in a bank-fraud scheme that, according to investigators, contributed to the collapse of a credit union in Eastlake.
http://goo.gl/tgamf

That one resigned because he got busted.

3/01/12 (USA NY) PineBridge Investments said Win Neuger has resigned as chief executive. Neuger helped build AIG's third party asset management business, PineBridge still manages AIG assets
http://goo.gl/SI7kT
[..]
Global investment manager PineBridge Investments said Win Neuger has resigned as chief executive, effective Thursday, but will stay on as vice chairman, working with sales and distribution teams to manage client relationships.

Win Neuger is still with the company in a different position.

3/13/12 (USA) Paulson & Co.'s, partner and head of the global bank team Robert Lacoursiere has quit to form his own hedge fund.
http://goo.gl/I8UNd

Another one venturing out on their own to start a hedge fund.

Not to mention the dozens that are simply retiring after working for 30 - 40 years.

Wow really, I have to prove this is unusal? it's just not objectively unusual?

Yes, you do... and no, it's not.

Back