Comments not showing up on Geoengineering Watch's UVB Radiation Video?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I added a comment to his video to try to explain this:

I might have been blocked though, can anyone else see this comment?

I could C&P your same comment if you post it here. Are these different meters than he had before? He is saying one of them is a "$1,000 meter".

I could C&P your same comment if you post it here. Are these different meters than he had before? He is saying one of them is a "$1,000 meter".

I think they are the same.

My comment, but changed the 400 to 390, to be on the safe side.

You can't just subtract the two values though. They have different upper bounds for where UVA ends (380 vs. 390), so when you subtract the readings you get the small amount of UVB in the 280 to 320nm range but you ALSO get all the (much more powerful) UVA in the 380 to 390 nm range. So this is mostly measuring UVA. This is explained in depth here: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...irmation-of-record-shattering-uv-levels.3923/
Content from External Source

I think they are the same.

You can't just subtract the two values though. They have different upper bounds for where UVA ends (380 vs. 390), so when you subtract the readings you get the small amount of UVB in the 280 to 320nm range but you ALSO get all the (much more powerful) UVA in the 380 to 390 nm range. So this is mostly measuring UVA. This is explained in depth here: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...irmation-of-record-shattering-uv-levels.3923/

Posted.

Hmm, I can't see any skeptical posting (including mine) when I'm not logged in. Doesn't Youtube notify you about being blocked?

Edit: what I find weird is that I can continue to post on and on - the postings are just not visible ...

Last edited:
Considering the complexity of the measurement and the science behind it you would think he would research the criticism about his methods, that is if he really believes what he is saying. I have a good bit of science courses from my BA and it took a few readings of the graph to comprehend his mistake. It seems to me that his error here is evidence that his lack of comprehension of science in this case would invalidate his other claims.
I guess I am taking too long to write this since I was going going to say I see no critical comments on you tube either. I didn't realize posts could be so easily blocked.

Isn't it 380 to 390? The "gap" is between 390 and 400 instead of 380 and 400, right?

That would be consistent with the manuals of the meters.

Last edited:
I just looked on you tube and still don't see the comment, maybe it is not totally reloading for me?
And I just checked on Opera and it is not there either.

I can see my comment if in logged in. It might be flagged as spam. Or there is some kind of silent blocking.

I just logged in and out of you tube and saw no critical comments to the video. I was thinking that maybe you see your own comments that were removed so you wouldn't complain. Or maybe just the people you interact with can see your comment. Has anybody tried to see your comments on other computers you have access to? I think since I don't see them no else does either.

I just logged in and out of you tube and saw no critical comments to the video. I was thinking that maybe you see your own comments that were removed so you wouldn't complain. Or maybe just the people you interact with can see your comment. Has anybody tried to see your comments on other computers you have access to? I think since I don't see them no else does either.

There is apparently some sort of "blocking" which lets you see your own Youtube comment, but no one else can.

It may be that the person who responded to my direct message saw it on the "Google+" side of things. I have no idea how that all works, but I think if you have a Youtube account, you automatically have a Google+ account too.

Otherwise known as 'shadow-banning', a way of silencing voices you don't want heard without them being aware of it. Very Orwellian.

Are you being sarcastic, or is that really a thing?

On vBulletin this is called "Tachy Goes to Coventry" - basically a global ignore. There might be something similar in vBulletin. I don't use it.

The idea is that if you ban someone, then they will just re-register under another name. So instead you ban them silently, so they don't know they are banned.

I prefer just to ban them up-front, explaining why they were banned, and then prevent them from re-registering.

Anyway, a bit off topic.

Isn't it 380 to 390? The "gap" is between 390 and 400 instead of 380 and 400, right?

That would be consistent with the manuals of the meters.

I briefly answered "yes" to this above, but it also means the comment should be modified:

You can't just subtract the two values though. They have different upper bounds for where UVA ends (390 vs. 400), so when you subtract the readings you get the small amount of UVB in the 280 to 320nm range but you ALSO get all the (much more powerful) UVA in the 390 to 400 nm range. So this is mostly measuring UVA. This is explained in depth here:https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...irmation-of-record-shattering-uv-levels.3923/

I might try to email Dane Wigington directly...as someone he has never heard from before. Would this be a good idea?
Suggestions.....?

I might try to email Dane Wigington directly...as someone he has never heard from before. Would this be a good idea?
Suggestions.....?
I don't know. if its obvious youre from Metabunk (or they think you are) then that is spamming trolling the guy. he saw Micks post and Hams posts.

My comments from yesterday - which were only visible when I was logged in - are gone today.
However, I can still post.

The lack of indication that postings may have to be approved or are outright blocked is quite stunning ...

A Google search reveals that this seems to be a common problem.

Back