Carly Fiorina's clamed "heart beating" abortion video

Leifer

Senior Member.
Carly Fiorina said that the Planned Parenthood videos released by an anti-abortion group showed “a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.” But that scene isn’t in any of the videos.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/factchecking-the-cnn-republican-debate/
Content from External Source
Is Carley's claim of suggested video true ?

Here is the "damming video".........according to many people...

It seems Fiorina was referring to a video where someone "spoke about it", although there was no actual video of the event, as she claimed (there was) in the GOP debate.
I'm not denying or supporting the claim that a heart tapped upon (and become beating briefly)....will or will not support the idea that a fetus can be claimed to be "alive".

Though, for interest...... In scientific dissection discovery, recently deceased animal evisceration can result in a heart "still beating" because of internal or external electrical impulses......even after complete removal (heart).

The point is, there is no video of this, as in her claim.

Warning: The following links contain images of a 19 week old fetus after a miscarriage.

I think this is the video being referred to:

At 9:00 into the video they show a sequence of still images from a 19 week miscarriage, the photos of which were shared online by the mother Alexis Fretz. The baby was born and had a beating heart for at least a few minutes.

Original blog post by Fretz, with images.
https://f2photographybylexi.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/walter-joshua-fretz/
He was born at 9:42 PM and he was handed up to me as soon as his cord was clamped. I was crying so hard at this point but he was perfect. He was fully formed and everything was there, I could see his heart beating in his tiny chest. Joshua and I both held him and cried over him and looked over our perfect, tiny son. The nurses and Dr. left us to have some private time along with him.
Content from External Source
What the video does is juxtapose the video of former technician Holly O'Donnell discussing an abortion procedure with these images.

I've been covering this since the moment she said it...
I initially gave Fiorina the benefit of the doubt
(that she just didn't understand what she was viewing, as opposed to flat out lying)
but she has since been called out repeatedly,
and doubled, tripled down on her bogus claim.
Vox, TPM, Politifact, everyone, even Fox News(!!)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/carly-fiorina-abortoin-defense
makes clear that her claim is false...she refuses to correct it.

She went from 3% to 15% in the polls largely on the back of this falsehood...
she hardly has incentive to be truthful at this point.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something
when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”

--Upton Sinclair

At 9:00 into the video they show a sequence of still images from a 19 week miscarriage, the photos of which were shared online by the mother Alexis Fretz. The baby was born and had a beating heart for at least a few minutes.
Thank you Mick. I do want to post all relative information.
Note, this was a miscarriage, not a deliberate, elective abortion.....in common terms.

Last edited:
Thank you Mick. I do want to post all relative information.
Note, this was a miscarriage, not a deliberate, selective abortion.....in common terms.

Using miscarriage images instead of abortion is a very common tactic for abortion opponents. Miscarriages are easier to identify with and more disturbing to see, I've observed.

This vid shows a "twitching" fetus at about 5:56
I never saw that part, originally. I wonder if the "leg kicking" scene was added to the YT video after we discussed it earlier in this thread.
Or did we (I) simply miss it ?
There was some discussion/admission online about some addition of the original YT video.
Here is more info....
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/28/1425455/-FOUND-The-source-of-Carly-Fiorina-s-fetus-claim

I am not looking to continue this much further and create more debate....I'm simply wondering if the video had been supplemented with additional footage, after this thread was started. Abortion pro/cons are perhaps too sensetive to discuss here, and I'd like to avoid such a debate.

Last edited:
I never saw that part, originally. I wonder if the "leg kicking" scene was added to the YT video after we discussed it earlier in this thread.
Or did we (I) simply miss it ?
There was some discussion/admission online about some addition of the original YT video.
Here is more info....
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/28/1425455/-FOUND-The-source-of-Carly-Fiorina-s-fetus-claim

I am not looking to continue this much further and create more debate....I'm simply wondering if the video had been supplemented with additional footage, after this thread was started. Abortion pro/cons are perhaps too sensetive to discuss here, and I'd like to avoid such a debate.

It's a different vid than people were looking at earlier.

Back