Bright hovering, then moving, light in the sky of Mexico City

RevenTexX

What are your thoughts on this footage? I was able to find the address which is 205 Av. Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City if that helps.

Screenshot-12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Drone seems most likely. The variable light gives the illusion of going behind the clouds, but it also varies where there are no clouds. So it's lower than it seems.

It also looks more impressive than it is because it's a bright light, which creates a glare. You can see the actual size in the lens reflection that you see towards the end

Metabunk 2020-03-03 07-29-45.jpg

You see this also with the street lamp.
Metabunk 2020-03-03 07-32-57.jpg

Do you have the names of the drones that you think would be most probable? As I have personally never seen a drone move that quickly, especially descend that quickly.
Edit: the first picture is actually not the glare from the orb, it is the camera sensor reflection, common on iphones.

Do you have the names of the drones that you think would be most probable? As I have personally never seen a drone move that quickly, especially descend that quickly.
Descend? Where do you think it's descending?

Edit: the first picture is actually not the glare from the orb, it is the camera sensor reflection, common on iphones.
The thing I label as glare is the glare around the actual object. The thing I label as "actual size" is the reflection. Like, for example, as in this photo of the sun (looking very large because of glare) and an actual size reflection on the sun above it.
20151023-130931-p78eq.jpg

Yeah, here's a panorama from a few shots. I'd say it's not too high above the trees
Metabunk 2020-03-03 08-13-41.jpg

I actually thought it was ASCENDING quickly at 18secs until the other tree branch comes into view at 24 secs. (but im also familiar with the contrails "looking like they are going straight up when they are not" phenomenon), so my brain was able to readjust.

I meant ascend not descend my bad, the object literally flies into a cloud.
Edit: the names of drone candidates would be nice.

Back