I was really in to lucid dreaming for a time and have remained conscious as I intentionally went into a dream from a waking state, a term known as "wake-induced lucid dreaming," or WILD. I also experience sleep paralysis whenever I doze off in the bath, and both of those experiences offer sensations very similar to abduction accounts.And then the other thing, have you ever dreamed that you were dreaming and woke up but were still dreaming? One morning I was three layers deep before I finally did wake up for real.
Or did I? (just a joke )...
Lucid Dreaming is not bunk. I've done those too.
When I am in unintentional sleep paralysis (not intentional lucid dreaming) I experience the following sensations:
- feeling "stuck" in my body, cannot move, sensation of being out of control or controlled
- mechanical sounds: buzzing, drills, whirring, heartbeats, whooshing
- voices speaking in languages I don't understand
- see abstract shapes and electricity/flashes in my vision (I keep my eyes closed so I don't hallucinate hags/ghosts/sexy aliens)
- see bright lights/orbs
- feel like I'm getting electric shocks: loud "buzz" sensation across whole body, absolutely terrifying