Adam Kokesh and His Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just plain silly. Going to hike on a footpath to buy your food? Oh wait We'll all grow our own. I can't understand how many people seem to be unable to comprehend that not everyone is like themselves. Or the way they see themselves. Not everyone can live in a log cabin on a field, grow their own food and pump their own water. Even the clothes you wear have to be shipping by road. Not everyone WANTS to live that way.
Preppers can live that way . Thats why 90% of the population will die in a EMP attack within the first year . Or Financial Collapse . I wouldnt want to live that way It is strange when you think about it how we only complicate our lives to make life easy ?

Preppers can live that way . Thats why 90% of the population will die in a EMP attack within the first year . Or Financial Collapse . I wouldnt want to live that way It is strange when you think about it how we only complicate our lives to make life easy ?

Preppers make up a small percentage of the population and even many of them are probably deluding themselves if they think they can make it alone.

I've seen enough preppers epic fail at prepping. They talk a huge game, but most don't even have a handy water purification set up or easy access to fuel. And as jr said, what about everyone who is infirm, young, or old? Do those people just deserve to die because NO one wanted to fund things to help them. Roads wouldn't just be built by anyone, and for that matter wouldn't just get maintained which is even more important. Again I ain't payin some stupid corporation just to travel down a road, and god forbid it is an emergency in which things have to happen right then. I've read/seen enough books, movies, and games to have a good idea about what a total collapse of government looks like, and corporations wouldn't step up in a benign way. It would be purely corrupt corporations and gangs ruling everything. We need government to keep both those things in check. Sorry I don't believe in the benifiscence of corporations or the greatness of an entirely free market. That just means those with the most money, people, or guns will be in charge of something in a non democratic way.

Preppers make up a small percentage of the population and even many of them are probably deluding themselves if they think they can make it alone.
Theyll do better than most in a crisis .

I a society with no government, all the power goes to the strongest. I am an older woman and I do not want a bunch of folks with lots of guns, telling me how I have to live and such. I WANT the things that government provides, like the 'rule of law'.
thats exactly what you have with government they have the guns you will pay your taxes or be put in a cage like a animal they will do what they please to redistribute your wealth after they skim off 80 % for their own existence . Rule of law only applies to those who obey the law .

And if you remove all law, do you think people will behave better or worse? I think things would get a lot worse. We, the human race, have found government the best way to collectivize to promote the general welfare and protect each other. You can't get around that. If you don't like any government, run off to the wilderness somewhere and make your own way. But don't be surprised if you get murdered and nothing/no one can do anything about it.

Also I'm not about to pay to drive a road. Governments DO provide necessary services, or would you like to PAY policemen and forensic scientists to do their job. Or would you like to pay tolls on roads to get your pregnant wife to the hospital? And sorry but government DO make technology. Ever hear of the internet? Or NASA? Or the military? Governments also tend to be able to do things corporations can't or won't, like build FUCKING roads. Will those same benevolent companies do upkeep on those roads? Past examples show that when corporations get a hold a public commodity like water or roads, fees go up and services decline.
Sorry but Ayn Rand was a moron, her ideas are abject failures, and she got what was coming to her. Did you know she denied the link between smoking and lung cancer, and then DIED of lung cancer?

Anyone who wants to know how true Libertarianism would play out only needs to look up the Articles of Confederation, and how it worked out.

thats exactly what you have with government they have the guns you will pay your taxes or be put in a cage like a animal they will do what they please to redistribute your wealth after they skim off 80 % for their own existence . Rule of law only applies to those who obey the law .

Actually, the rule of law applies to all, which is why there are prisons and jails. Obviously, it tends to apply more to the poor than to rich. A quick look at the number of convictions of those involved in the economic collapse of 2008.

As for the guns, it appears to anyone on the outside looking in at American society that the government aren't the only ones with guns.

Actually, the rule of law applies to all, which is why there are prisons and jails. Obviously, it tends to apply more to the poor than to rich. A quick look at the number of convictions of those involved in the economic collapse of 2008.

As for the guns, it appears to anyone on the outside looking in at American society that the government aren't the only ones with guns.

LOL Absolutely, the rest of the world I'm sure thinks we're all armed to the teeth and looking for a fight.

Nearly all of the so called "preppers" that I've encountered aren't really at all prepared for a major crisis and would be among the first to perish if left to their own devices. Their fatal flaw is they generally don't seem to want to play nice with others.

A shallow outsider observation perhaps, but prepping seems to be about cultivating hostility and suspicion to strangers, as opposed to co-operation, co-ordination and community.
Co-operation equals communism I guess to the American Patriot.

Yes thats why they are trying so hard to take them away from the people .
Wayne LaPierre: Junk science drives administration’s gun policies

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/18/w...s-administrations-gun-policies/#ixzz2iyEauPeU
Content from External Source
but they love Junk science they use it for everything .

What is the evidence that "they" are trying to take anyone's guns?
evidence ? It hasnt happened yet . Progressives do everything incrementally . Thats why they used the CDC . With Obamacare they can just prove that it is a health risk and quote you double the cost on your insurance . I believe the CDC report backfired on them http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/08/27/cdc-gun-research-backfires-on-obama/. If you cant see it then your not paying attention or dont care . read the book NUDGE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(book)

evidence ? It hasnt happened yet . Progressives do everything incrementally . Thats why they used the CDC . With Obamacare they can just prove that it is a health risk and quote you double the cost on your insurance . I believe the CDC report backfired on them http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/08/27/cdc-gun-research-backfires-on-obama/. If you cant see it then your not paying attention or dont care . read the book NUDGE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(book)

So you don't have any evidence.

The "Gun Ban Treaty" with the UN is one of those laughable canards of the NRA. It ONLY restricts illegal international sales. How that affects people in the US is beyond me. Unless you like buying illegal foreign made weapons...

LOL I have to wonder why you choose this forum to post, Joe. You seem to have memorized many of the talking point of the CTs.

LOL I have to wonder why you choose this forum to post, Joe. You seem to have memorized many of the talking point of the CTs.
Im sure the Nazis said the same : "What evidence do you have we are killing millions in gas chambers" only to find out after the fact when its too late . Its your wheres all the facts mentality makes you more dangerous than CTs

The "Gun Ban Treaty" with the UN is one of those laughable canards of the NRA. It ONLY restricts illegal international sales. How that affects people in the US is beyond me. Unless you like buying illegal foreign made weapons...

But it is the Treaty’s vague norms that pose the biggest long-term problem. At the heart of the Treaty are terms like “international humanitarian law” and “international human rights law.” By committing itself to uphold these terms, the U.S. is binding itself to meet requirements that it does not define. That will affect not only our domestic firearms market but our foreign policy.

Over the coming years, the treaty’s proponents will seek to expand what those vague terms include. Since the U.N. has already defined gun control as a human right, they will not have to work very hard to make it part of the treaty. By signing the Treaty, the U.S. has tied itself to a conveyor belt: it is no longer in control of where it is going.
Content from External Source

Ooooo vague claims by the NRA that it "might" do something. Sorry but the terms are pretty iron clad and ONLY the NRA thinks it's a UN gun grab. Literally everyone else in the world except I think N. Korea signed on. It is about illegal weapons of war and artillery. All you posted was an NRA fever dream of what it might do. Haven't people told you to include your OPINION with your concrete details. This is basic academic writing.

Ooooo vague claims by the NRA that it "might" do something. Sorry but the terms are pretty iron clad and ONLY the NRA thinks it's a UN gun grab. Literally everyone else in the world except I think N. Korea signed on. It is about illegal weapons of war and artillery. All you posted was an NRA fever dream of what it might do. Haven't people told you to include your OPINION with your concrete details. This is basic academic writing.
Read my Nazi reference above

Also it was pretty well known that the Nazis were gassing in World War II. You're history is flawed and misguided. The Allies even thought of bombing Auschwitz, but the problem was that they understood that there would be a LOT of collateral damage without possibly achieving their goal. On top of the fact that it was the war, and that concentration camp wasn't high on the list of targets versus things that would concretely end the war. PS you cheapen the memory of that time by dragging your pathetic gun agenda into it.

Im sure the Nazis said the same : "What evidence do you have we are killing millions in gas chambers" only to find out after the fact when its too late . Its your wheres all the facts mentality makes you more dangerous than CTs

^^^^AHA! Godwin's Law!! :)

AND I just remembered, the Nazis DID stop gassing people when evidence and questions began to mount. This was before the war started, but the T4 euthanasia campaign was brutal and was where the Nazis first learned how to gas people. It started with gas vans but moved to fixed locations posing as showers. At first they only used carbon monoxide, and this was only for the "useless eaters" which were comprised of the mentally and physically handicapped, both adult and child. The program stopped because enough people around the centers and in churches began asking too many questions and raising a stink about it. To calm the public, the Nazis pulled the plug on the operation, commenting internally that it had already "achieved" its goals. These are facts, and they are important. Please don't use WWII as the go-to analogy if you don't have a firm grasp of the facts. It is offensive.

I find it interesting that you support the right of a state to decide on the school curriculum but when a STATE passes gun laws that it's voters and residents want and demand, then you call that a 'gun grab' by the federal government.

States like New York and California have the RIGHT to have the gun laws they want, even if they are more restrictive, and states like Arizona and others can have less restrictive ones.

Also it was pretty well known that the Nazis were gassing in World War II. You're history is flawed and misguided.
AND I just remembered, the Nazis DID stop gassing people when evidence and questions began to mount. This was before the war started, but the T4 euthanasia campaign was brutal and was where the Nazis first learned how to gas people. It started with gas vans but moved to fixed locations posing as showers. At first they only used carbon monoxide, and this was only for the "useless eaters" which were comprised of the mentally and physically handicapped, both adult and child. The program stopped because enough people around the centers and in churches began asking too many questions and raising a stink about it. To calm the public, the Nazis pulled the plug on the operation, commenting internally that it had already "achieved" its goals. These are facts, and they are important. Please don't use WWII as the go-to analogy if you don't have a firm grasp of the facts. It is offensive.

that concentration camp wasn't high on the list of targets versus things that would concretely end the war. PS you cheapen the memory of that time by dragging your pathetic gun agenda into it.

Its a good analogy . Lets not forget Hitler disarmed the Jews . your offended BOO HOO . You could care less . Have you ever been to the Holocaust museum in DC ?

I find it interesting that you support the right of a state to decide on the school curriculum but when a STATE passes gun laws that it's voters and residents want and demand, then you call that a 'gun grab' by the federal government.

States like New York and California have the RIGHT to have the gun laws they want, even if they are more restrictive, and states like Arizona and others can have less restrictive ones.
Yes they do have a right . but when they Mayor Bloomberg push their money and agenda into other states . http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/local/local.shtml . Just like Romneycare in Mass ? the blueprint for Obummercare . MANY OF THOSE LAWS like in NY were pushed down the throats of the residents of those states . Any evidence the majority wanted tighter guns laws ?

Yeah I have Joe, and I'm sure I know A LOT more about WWII and the Holocaust than you do. So you still don't want to retract the whole "UN is taking our guns" thing, considering it won't take your guns. Unless you have a bunch of illegally bought and internationally supplied guns. Just keep making bad holocaust references. Don't worry we're all laughing at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back