911truth.org vs. ae911truth.org

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I'd not really looked much at http://911truth.org, but I took a look after it was listed as #7 on Brian Dunning's "Top 10 Worst Anti-Science Websites", with this description:

7. 9/11 Truth.org911truth.org
Alexa ranked #109,000
Google PageRank 5

The only reason this site has such a low traffic rating is that its field is saturated with competition. 9/11 Truth.org is only the largest of the many, many web sites who began with the idea that 9/11 was a false flag operation against American citizens staged by the American government, but unlike most others, it has stayed on topic. Even more than a decade after 9/11, 911 Truth.org still manages to find and post articles almost daily promising to reveal new evidence proving the conspiracy.
Content from External Source
Firstly I think this is based on old information, as a current Alexa lookup puts 911truth.org at #219,254. Secondly it's not really that much an anti-science website, because it very rarely delves into science, preferring instead to raise vague suspicions about various coincidences. The "join the dots" school of conspiracy theory. In fact in their list of "Top 40 reasons to doubt the official story", controlled demolition only makes a single point, and then only as a series of questions ("Were the Twin Towers and WTC 7 brought down by explosives?") not any actual reasons to doubt.

Their one article, "The case for demolitions" is mostly just a list of links to other web sites, and curiously they omit what I think should have been at #7 on Brian's list, http://ae911truth.org

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth is a well funded operation, and has a web site with and Alexa Rank of #74,373. Pretty much their entire web site is based around the idea of controlled demolition, and hence it's filled to the brim with very bad science. They have an budget of over $400,000 per year, and quite a bit of their efforts on their glossy web site now seem devoted to selling merchandise, or signing people up for their $60 a year membership.

Very different sites.

Back