Senator Kelli Ward (Arizona) calls public meeting to address chemtrails concerns

I was only mentioning that it made me laugh personally (but in a laugh-with-you sort of way). But I know it wasn't an actual attempt at humor. I won't mention that again, sorry.

Regardless, I still think it is a great infographic, and the isolated "so he's wrong" does its job. It would be hard to ignore such a statement, and I feel that is beneficial to the infographic's purpose.

I did see on the geoengineering website earlier today that people are wondering how chemtrails are able to amplify the sun's UV radiation. In the interest of the politeness policy, I won't comment personally on that, but I am beginning to see how frustrating it can be to have an honest conversation about this subject when the goal posts are constantly moving.

Seems like thats a good example of confirmation bias. No one is seeing any contrails, so they think their meeting must have had an effect on the alleged spraying, but they will eventually end up just spraying again once this blows over. There are probably contrails all over the country still forming right now.

Perhaps a useful infographic, or series of infographics to make would be on what constitutes strong evidence, weak evidence, or how to properly support claims. To some people who over-value their intuition and gut feelings, simply telling others to look up and note the contrail formations in the sky seems to plant a seed. Those people will try to present those pictures or sighting as evidence that "something is wrong" when in reality they have done nothing to prove that contrails are sinister in any way.

When someone says "it's obvious, look up at the sky!" as support for their argument, it seems like it would be useful to communicate that such an argument doesn't hold up logically with infographics. Maybe an infographic dealing with that claim especially, and what that statement does support (there are contrail formations in the sky) and what it doesn't prove (there is a government spraying program or that there are any chemicals in the clouds). All it simply proves is that there are contrails in the sky, nothing more or nothing less.

I'm reminded of the xkcd freedom of speech comic that I like to frequently use to explain to people what freedom of speech exactly is
http://xkcd.com/1357/

Simple comics or images that debunk major claims of the chemtrail theory concisely should really be considered, as it is a really popular way to communicate ideas these days. Unless you guys have already considered them and I'm just behind :p

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I'm "Jon the Painter" from the AZDEQ meeting. I must say I was a little intimidated, I went expecting to see a small group pushed into a small room on the third floor of the county building, scientists on hand, dispelling the simple nonsense. I was quite shocked to see that they used the main auditorium to address this, with far too many paranoid lemmings present. I can say, I will NOT allow anything like this to go unchecked in my city or county again. I find it an unacceptable waste of taxpayer resources to address this.

I have slowly but surely been embedding myself into the local "Mohave County Chemtrail" groups, so as to keep updated on their planned meetings, and to underscore that their illiteracy of simple scientific matters is not an acceptable excuse for making a mockery of the government that serves my local community.

I can keep this thread updated of any news, and I would like to encourage more knowledgeable individuals to attend any future meetings if they occur. I am slowly in the process of trying to organize a list of reputable experts that might be available to address this issue, such as chemists, toxicologists, aeronautical engineers, doctors, etc.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Kelli Ward has confirmed on Twitter that she does not and never has believed in chemtrails:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/azdc/2015/04/18/kelli-ward-i-dont-believe-in-chemtrails/25968215/

"Chemtrails" conspiracists claim that airplanes, via visible contrails, are spraying dangerous chemicals into the air, either to change the weather or for other more sinister purposes.

"Let's just be clear - I don't believe in that," Ward tweeted to journalists and FreedomWorks on Wednesday.

"I've never believed it - many in my district do," she added in a follow-up message.
Content from External Source

Update: Kelli Ward has confirmed on Twitter that she does not and never has believed in chemtrails:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/azdc/2015/04/18/kelli-ward-i-dont-believe-in-chemtrails/25968215/

Content from external source
"Chemtrails" conspiracists claim that airplanes, via visible contrails, are spraying dangerous chemicals into the air, either to change the weather or for other more sinister purposes.

"Let's just be clear - I don't believe in that," Ward tweeted to journalists and FreedomWorks on Wednesday.

"I've never believed it - many in my district do," she added in a follow-up message.

Reminiscent of Dennis Kucinich back in 2002 , after he found out what was actually in the "Space Preservation Act" that Alfred Webre and Carol Rosin wrote for him:
http://www.cleveland.com/kucinich/plaindealer/index.ssf?/kucinich/more/1047214686213910.html

Kucinich's willingness to listen to non-mainstream groups has created some controversy.

For instance, in his original 2001 bill to ban the use of weapons in space, Kucinich listed a series of weapons that should be outlawed.

The list went beyond the interceptor missiles and subatomic particle beams often associated with government's "Star Wars" programs.

His bill banned "other energies" directed at individuals or targeted groups for the purpose of "mood management or mind control." It also banned "chemtrails."

The term chemtrails is part of a conspiracy theory that has been at the center of lively Internet chat room debates and radio talk shows.

Its supporters believe the white streaks jets leave in the sky - known as contrails, which are formed by condensed water vapors - are actually toxic substances the government is spraying on people.

After being questioned about the bill last year, Kucinich rewrote it, removing the controversial language.

"I'm not into that," he insisted. "Understand me. When I found out that was in there, I said, 'Look, I'm not interested in going there.' "
Content from External Source

I considered Alexandra Hunter's "fact-based" presentations the highlight of the show. The best bit being;
Commercial jets cannot produce contrails (due to HBTF engine), unmarked military aircraft descending from higher altitude onto normal commercial routes to do all the spraying and vanishing from whence they came.

Just spotted this. https://www.gofundme.com/scv5d3k

(Perhaps a new thread at some point but...)

Has there been any feedback/progress on this meeting?

I'm not sure they realise how many jets are required here.
For example, British Airways fields 295 large passenger aircraft, the smallest of them being the Airbus a318.
Virgin Atlantic has 39.
Easyjet has 211.
Thompson airways has 53.

The Royal Air Force, even if I include smaller Hercules, and Bae 146 and Raytheon Sentinel only has 69 to call on.
If you only include the larger planes, the A400M, C17, E3D, RC135 and Airbus Voyager, they only have 30, which is less than Virgin Atlantic's fleet.

so unless the RAF has a secret store of over 500 large spray tanker aircraft hiding somewhere then it is woefully underequipped to match the UK carriers.

Last edited:
You might think the USA could spare some as the USAF, Army navy and Marines can boast between them 1049 large aircraft, but American Airlines has 961, United 707 and Delta 587, so the US military needs 1200 EXTRA secret spray tankers just to cover its OWN carriers.

Back