San Diego UFOs – More Battlefield Illumination Flares

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
This time in San Diego. Same old chestnuts. It can't be flares because:

-They weren't flickering.

-They were floating, not falling.

-They were moving sideways.

Calling the wrong military unit.

I'm completely ignorant about flares and their uses. Seen some other videos, and noticed they usually have smoke trails. I presume the lack of them in these videos could be explained by the fact they were filmed from a considerable distance, and the videos are too low quality (as always) to see them.

This video shows flares from several years ago in the Sonoran desert, that also seem to be static and show no smoke trails. Also some are flickering, some are not.

But I'm curious about what would explain some of those questions:

- How are they not moving downward? On a cursory search I learned some flares are held by a parachute, and they fall down slow, but maybe there's other types of flares that rely on more stable means for staying up there for longer.
It occurred to me that their apparent lack of movement could be an illusion. Maybe they are moving, and it's just hard to tell because at times the footage is too shaky, or there's only sky and no frame of reference in it, or it's from too far away that if the flares are falling very slowly you might need longer footage to tell.

- How are some of them moving sideways? Maybe an air current? I also saw one of those sort of blinking.

And I personally would ask, what would they be using flares for? Training demonstrations? There are quite a few other videos of this from other points in time, so this seems to be a recurring thing.

I'm completely ignorant about flares and their uses. Seen some other videos, and noticed they usually have smoke trails. I presume the lack of them in these videos could be explained by the fact they were filmed from a considerable distance, and the videos are too low quality (as always) to see them.

This video shows flares from several years ago in the Sonoran desert, that also seem to be static and show no smoke trails. Also some are flickering, some are not.

But I'm curious about what would explain some of those questions:

- How are they not moving downward? On a cursory search I learned some flares are held by a parachute, and they fall down slow, but maybe there's other types of flares that rely on more stable means for staying up there for longer.
It occurred to me that their apparent lack of movement could be an illusion. Maybe they are moving, and it's just hard to tell because at times the footage is too shaky, or there's only sky and no frame of reference in it, or it's from too far away that if the flares are falling very slowly you might need longer footage to tell.

- How are some of them moving sideways? Maybe an air current? I also saw one of those sort of blinking.

And I personally would ask, what would they be using flares for? Training demonstrations? There are quite a few other videos of this from other points in time, so this seems to be a recurring thing.

Someone took this time-lapse which shows the flares being dropped, descending and burning out.

Source: https://twitter.com/AJaddit/status/1541656663790198784

Someone else took this image which shows smoke

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewMichaelMD/status/1541668280498155520?s=20&t=hkihpit9RWKGax2vKLjB7Q

This reddit post whilst a little confrontational does a decent job of showing most of the media that demonstrates the objects as flares, likely battlefield illumination flares.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/vmz4zs/believers_vs_skeptics_san_diegotijuana_sighting/

"The smoke trails are actually an UAP with an exhaust problem. You can't say it's not possible." o_O
This makes all the crashed saucer episodes make a lot more sense now.

Clearly, while aliens have mastered interstellar travel, they still haven't figured out computerized fuel-injection. Hence, upon entering our different atmosphere, their carburetor equipped aircraft are running way to rich!

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Back