Ripe for Debunking: Alien Contact - The Message

I think some of this is debunked, but is it all bunk?

Mat, you can't just post a 40 minute video and ask people to debunk it.

Why not list the specific claims of evidence that you think need debunking, with the time in the video. At least one.

Mat, you can't just post a 40 minute video and ask people to debunk it.

Why not list the specific claims of evidence that you think need debunking, with the time in the video. At least one.

OK, the bit where they talk about aliens, between, one and forty mins, except the bit about the Grassdorf plates which, as I understand it, has been debunked. But I could be wrong!:)

I doubt any claim about communication with non human sentient life . . . to my knowledge all claims are simply . . . trust me . . . this is what they have told me. So the entire episode stands on the credibility of witness . . .

I doubt any claim about communication with non human sentient life . . . to my knowledge all claims are simply . . . trust me . . . this is what they have told me. So the entire episode stands on the credibility of witness . . .

No I don't think so. If the radio code at the start is intentional, that's profound and huge. Equally, the message at the end of the video.

No I don't think so. If the radio code at the start is intentional, that's profound and huge. Equally, the message at the end of the video.
Well, what is your opinion and why?

No I don't think so. If the radio code at the start is intentional, that's profound and huge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Interstellarscintillation of a weaker continuous signal—similar, in effect, to atmospheric twinkling—could be a possible explanation, although this still would not exclude the possibility of the signal being artificial in its nature. However, even by using the significantly more sensitive Very Large Array, such a signal could not be detected, and the probability that a signal below the Very Large Array level could be detected by the Big Ear radio telescope due to interstellar scintillation is low.[6] Other speculations include a rotating lighthouse-like source, a signal sweeping in frequency, or a one-time burst.[4]Ehman has stated his doubts that the signal is of intelligent extraterrestrial origin: "We should have seen it again when we looked for it 50 times. Something suggests it was an Earth-sourced signal that simply got reflected off a piece of space debris."[9]
He later recanted his skepticism somewhat, after further research showed an Earth-borne signal to be very unlikely, due to the requirements of a space-borne reflector being bound to certain unrealistic requirements to sufficiently explain the nature of the signal.[10] Also, the 1420 MHz signal is problematic in itself in that it is "protected spectrum": it is bandwidth in which terrestrial transmitters are forbidden to transmit due to it being reserved for astronomical purposes.[11][12] In his most recent writings, Ehman resists "drawing vast conclusions from half-vast data"—acknowledging the possibility that the source may have been military in nature or otherwise may have been a production of Earth-bound humans.
Content from External Source
The bunk in this bit of the video is the assertion that this signal is proof of ET intelligent life. Clearly it's not. It's just interesting.

I wonder what the consensus of opinion on this forum is regarding the existence of advanced non human sentient life and the liklehood of its interaction with humans? Do UFOs exist and are they operated by non humans, etc.?

Back