Recently created Meta Member Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymoron

Banned
Banned
Mick, I just wondered if you would like to clarify the rationale behind the recent creation of the Meta Member status so that people are clear on its implication.

Reminds me when a friend brought his cousin to this locally famous pizza joint in Ventura. If you go there for like 10 plus years for pies, they take your picture and put it on the wall. The girl saw all that stuff and said she wanted on the wall on her first visit.

Sorry, you were explaining (...)?

So how does it work, is there a secret portal that you go through that checks if you are a Meta Member. 'Meta Members Only thread for shooting the breeze'. I can't see it. Why not just 'shoot the breeze in PM'? Why advertise it? Seems more like an appeal to authority... 'This is a Meta Members post, an 'approved' member of Meta Bunk'.

Reminds me when a friend brought his cousin to this locally famous pizza joint in Ventura. If you go there for like 10 plus years for pies, they take your picture and put it on the wall. The girl saw all that stuff and said she wanted on the wall on her first visit.
I don't think it is a 10 year wait. What the criteria is, is unstated.

"Seems more like an appeal to authority..."

I think it's an appeal to a demonstrated general level-headedness. Sorry.

Chillax Oxy, it's just a private social group for the debunkers to chat about debunking. You know, like on Facebook. Would you prefer it were secret?

Chillax Oxy, it's just a private social group for the debunkers to chat about debunking. You know, like on Facebook. Would you prefer it were secret?
Yep. Makes more sense to me.

Anyone who wants to chat with each other is free to do so obviously. I don't understand why they should need a special title. Its not as if we don't know who 'we are', insofar as whether we want to enter into a private chat with another member of the forum or give someone our email address etc

I'm going to make a bajillion superfluous posts in the hopes of gaining admission. Maybe we'll get to wear special hats!

Sorry, you were explaining (...)? So how does it work, is there a secret portal that you go through that checks if you are a Meta Member. 'Meta Members Only thread for shooting the breeze'. I can't see it. Why not just 'shoot the breeze in PM'? Why advertise it? Seems more like an appeal to authority... 'This is a Meta Members post, an 'approved' member of Meta Bunk'.
I'd sooner not be known as a meta-member. I don't like secrecy. Since you're objecting about it it clearly isn't secret. Perhaps you ought to argue that debunkers utter bunk and therefore need debunking, making you a debunker.

He would be really pissed if he found out later...

Oxy, if you really knew how much I wrote (and then deleted) after my [...] you would have laughed your head off. No, it's as Pete Tar says: "You get the key to the executive washroom. It's also where all the *real* evidence is kept."

I'd sooner not be known as a meta-member. I don't like secrecy. Since you're objecting about it it clearly isn't secret. Perhaps you ought to argue that debunkers utter bunk and therefore need debunking, making you a debunker.
."

That is exactly the lines I was thinking along Jazzy. Glad you brought it up.

I just cannot see the point in having another title, allegedly for allowing people to PM each other. It sounds like bunk and I am doing my job debunking it and uncovering if there is a conspiracy, (possibly for the Meta Members to take over the world), in which case, Super Oxy to the rescue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back