Peter Davey's sonic water boiler

Leifer

Senior Member.
The idea.....
Peter Davey of NZ claimed to boil water based on sonic vibration of a home-made contraption.

This is debunked....

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1061841120&postcount=34
I do know how it could work, and it's nothing special.
Here's what's known:

It is powered by the "mains power" (220/240v AC wall socket).
Two separated elements powered by mains voltage dipped in water will always heat water, and this is nothing new. The water acts as a resistor, and heats up.
It is also quite dangerous...it could easily blow the house fuse, or start a fire, or lead to electrocution, which is why he could not get it manufactured for sale.
People agree on all of the above. Even most of the over-unity experimenters....http://www.rexresearch.com/davey/davey.htm

It's fancy looking.
People like to believe strange things.
Content from External Source
Even the Over-Uity people don't buy Davey's story for the most part.....
http://www.rexresearch.com/davey/davey.htm

Let me remind you of Davey's comments,....and the professor's comments....

(Davey) "DSIR, they're a bit baffled how it works.....nobody really knows how it works."
......further on....
(professor) "I've never seen anything like it in my life, as they say."
(news reporter)"Professor Williamson has his doubts about Davey's acoustic theory, and suspects there are two simple electrodes inside the boiler"
(professor) "It's the conductivity of the water that provides the path for the current and provides the resistance to give the heating."
(Davey) "I'm careful that I don't divulge everything....I'm waiting to get a manufacturer that's....prepared to put some money into it."
(news reporter) "...And if he does get it on the shelves, he has already got one interested customer"
(professor, smiling) "If I saw one in a shop, I'd buy one.....because I think they are an interesting bit of technology, how ever they work. (laughing)"

....and I'm sure the interview was edited, surely there was more to this interview..
This news story seemed more like entertainment, than substance.
(this is also another case, of contradicting the view that....these inventions and ideas "never" get played on the mainstream media, but ....it did.)
Content from External Source

Davey's idea is mentioned in the ideas of Michael Tellinger....beginning at 05:09

Michael Tellinger surely is a candidate for debunking.....but he is so far out there (in ancient theory and un-planetory sources), that he is not worthy of much attention, in my opinion.
The above video is +2 hours long.....and is a gish gallop of bizarre ideas. Many people like "how" he speaks......therefore he attracts followers.....like Deepak Chopra.

Last edited:
The report clearly says that the ball (use to heat the water) is cool to the touch. The is no visible switch for the device. This assumes that the witnesses are allowed to touch the plugged-in device before and after inserting it into the water. The ball (use to heat the water) does not appear to drain water after it is removed, so, that rules out electrodes inside the ball, and who in their right mind would allow witnesses to touch a live 220V ball. To heat to that instantaneous degree, the ball would have to maintain a temperature of at least 120 degF over the temperature of the water, even when removed. The fact that it (the ball) was touched just before inserting it into the water proved that it could not have been above the ambient temperature of the room they were in. There are no AC or DC heating element(s) that are currently capable of doing what we saw in the demo video. The electrical heating element would have to be RED HOT to react in the water like his acoustic heater.

What I believe he was demoing was a small frequency tuned speaker near the 220V plug end. Tuned from 432hz-528hz. From there the sound traveled up the hollow handle and resonated inside the Ball on the end. That is why there is a foam or rubber isolator where is hand lifts the device. Even at 2.8W of the 220V that would only be 13.1mA of power.

People think radiation heats your food in a microwave, but for those that don't know... It is ultrasonic microwave sound waves that cause only the water molecules in your food to boil. Sound familiar? The problem is that propagating ultrasonic microwave sound waves requires a lot of energy (550W at 110V that would be near 5A of power), but microwaves cause metal molecules to vibrate too (known as the "Don't put aluminum foil in the Microwave" effect).

Efficient low voltage, low-frequency water heating could revolutionize the world, from Water desalinization, to steam powered generators, to steam electric vehicles, and even just affordable hot water heat for every home. But the flat earth scientist will never believe that you can get more energy out than what you in. Ask those same people "Why do we use petro/diesel for autos?" They will say that the energy potential of those fuels balances the equation. Well, simple water has more energy potential than petro and diesel combined. We just need to find a way to unlock the chemical padlock to free this world from destructive fuel harvesting. 72 percent of Earth is covered in easy to obtain water, but by volume, the earth is only approximately 5 percent water.

that is my 2 cents.

I think it's pretty clear what's going on here, there is steam under pressure travelling the length of his "gooseneck" and issuing around the conical collar - hence the insulated handle on the top of the gooseneck. I suspect the base has a conventional heating element and a water supply in it. Of course all of this points towards an obvious fake as it must have been constructed that way on purpose.

People think radiation heats your food in a microwave, but for those that don't know... It is ultrasonic microwave sound waves that cause only the water molecules in your food to boil.
Microwaves are electromagnetic waves, like light or radio, not sound waves.

Last edited:
From http://www.rexresearch.com/davey/davey.htm

1 is the larger "full" sphere, 2 is the partial sphere on top of it, 6 and 7 are electrical wires - so this is just 2 metal plats - lots of surface area, small volume of water in between them = quick boiling of that volume of water, which then bubbles out the gap between them.

14_k08_3.gif

I'm not sure that design explains how there is steam present (and condensating on the glass) before the half sphere touches the water

Previous immersions, of which only a couple were shown, explain the condensation on the inside of the glass adequately. I don't see any steam before the bubbling starts.

Back