On the "why would anyone but a shill spend time writing about this"...

Matthew Clin

Multiple times I've seen imply or outright state that normal people wouldn't debunk X for free, so it's likely (or certain) that they're being paid for it. Has anyone ever responded by pointing out that there's people who spend time debunking Bigfoot? If so, what was the reaction?

I neither know or care what info precedes this question. I'm quite happy to tell anyone right now.

Conspiracy theorists are automatically wrong by the very words they first emit. The words they utter next are equally as bad, and these words never get better. There is never a let-up, because these people never let up.

They never let up, because they soon discover there is money in it, so then it's obvious that they never let up. Wow, they're not going to strangle their golden goose.

If you think you are one, and have somehow missed out on the money, it's just too bad. Poor you, you're going to really have to stare at your competitors, and outdo them. Good luck, you [...]s.

Just consider the rest of us as shills. If you don't right now, then, well, you'll be doing it very soon. Grrr. Yours, quite happy to kick your teeth right in FOR FREE, Jazzy. Go on, Mick, ban me for a bit. LOL. :)

Last edited:
I neither know or care what info precedes this question. I'm quite happy to tell anyone right now.

Conspiracy theorists are automatically wrong by the very words they first emit. The words they utter next are equally as bad, and these words never get better. There is never a let-up, because these people never let up.

They never let up, because they soon discover there is money in it, so then it's obvious that they never let up. Wow, they're not going to strangle their golden goose.

If you think you are one, and have somehow missed out on the money, it's just too bad. Poor you, you're going to really have to stare at your competitors, and outdo them. Good luck, you [...]s.

Just consider the rest of us as shills. If you don't right now, then, well, you'll be doing it very soon. Grrr. Yours, quite happy to kick your teeth right in FOR FREE, Jazzy. Go on, Mick, ban me for a bit. LOL. :)

Follow the money. Who are the people with links to paypal? It's almost always the hoaxers. Most people will tell the truth for free.

Last edited:

Sure, if you are talking about Alex Jones. But with Dane Wiginton, Michael J. Murphy, and many others - they actually believe they are right, and they are not making money from it. I totally believe Dane when he says he's spent $30K on this. He's wasting money, because he knows he is right.

Sure, if you are talking about Alex Jones. But with Dane Wiginton, Michael J. Murphy, and many others - they actually believe they are right, and they are not making money from it. I totally believe Dane when he says he's spent $30K on this. He's wasting money, because he knows he is right.
Yes. I couldn't argue otherwise. Likewise. Thanks for your kind restraint in letting me get it off my chest. Maybe I'll PM you a gush. There again... :)

Multiple times I've seen imply or outright state that normal people wouldn't debunk X for free, so it's likely (or certain) that they're being paid for it. Has anyone ever responded by pointing out that there's people who spend time debunking Bigfoot? If so, what was the reaction?
I have done exactly that. Invariably, I have endured an indignant barrage of hyperbolic noise. I've found that if someone is so "far gone" as to actually believe that people who do not share his/her views are evil-intentioned ("shills", "disinfo agents", et-whatever-cetera) that it's almost pointless to attempt a rational discussion. Never once was it, "Oh. Well, that makes sense. I suppose I've been a bit silly." I have offered to meet internet folks in person, so that they may sniff my hand, and perhaps eventually wag their tails and be rewarded with a biscuit. But no, some CTs simply believe that all "debunkers" are "evil."

I have done exactly that. Invariably, I have endured an indignant barrage of hyperbolic noise. I've found that if someone is so "far gone" as to actually believe that people who do not share his/her views are evil-intentioned ("shills", "disinfo agents", et-whatever-cetera) that it's almost pointless to attempt a rational discussion. Never once was it, "Oh. Well, that makes sense. I suppose I've been a bit silly." I have offered to meet internet folks in person, so that they may sniff my hand, and perhaps eventually wag their tails and be rewarded with a biscuit. But no, some CTs simply believe that all "debunkers" are "evil."

Yes. Many, if not most conspiracy people think debunkers are "bad guys", by definition.

I have done exactly that. Invariably, I have endured an indignant barrage of hyperbolic noise.

Were any of the responses along the lines of "the people who spend time debunking Bigfoot are disinfo agents paid to make it look like people will debunk something for free"?

Were any of the responses along the lines of "the people who spend time debunking Bigfoot are disinfo agents paid to make it look like people will debunk something for free"?

LOL I was just thinking along the Bigfoot lines, too! "So, you believe the OFFICIAL STORY on Bigfoot! Sheeple!"

I cannot recall with any clarity. By that point in the exchanges I had all but abandoned logic and reason as viable standards, and their words were perceived as dissonant dookie. Oh yes, bringing Bigfoot (etc.) into the picture was seen as an attempt to discredit the honest and courageous efforts of "truth-seekers" and "muddy the waters." Whaddaya gonna do?

I cannot recall with any clarity. By that point in the exchanges I had all but abandoned logic and reason as viable standards, and their words were perceived as dissonant dookie. Oh yes, bringing Bigfoot (etc.) into the picture was seen as an attempt to discredit the honest and courageous efforts of "truth-seekers" and "muddy the waters." Whaddaya gonna do?

Chemtrailers get annoyed when you bring up Bigfoot. 9/11 truthers get annoyed when you bring up chemtrails. JFKers get annoyed if you compare them to truthers.

It's best to honestly explain why you debunk.

I do it because I find it interesting, and I think bunk distracts from real issues.

I've been accused of be a shill plenty lately. I've told the same guy the same thing 3 times now. It's gone from Shill to Alex Jones's shill to ITN shill and back to shill. I find it amazing that CT's at the lower end of the pecking order actually think the Govs of the world would invest money in debunking them, when in actuality they do a great job of debunking every CT.

I don't mind telling you. If MFI wants to pay me £24K to internet chat with conspiracy theorists all day I'd do it.

Back