Odd Aircraft Explained: Powered Parachute

Veronica!

A few days ago I saw something very odd in the sky, something that I think should be on here just for reference because I was incredibly, overwhelmingly baffled at whatever the hell this thing was. If I was in a low light situation, if it was farther away and if I wasn't of the skeptical persuasion I might think it was some sort of unidentified craft--whether that means little green men with probes or the world's smallest chemtrail depositor or Big Brother doing surveillance I don't know or care.
Anywho, my father and I were out running errands near our small community's rural airport. We heard something very loud and plane-like, as you do in that part of town, and looked outside. What we saw was a powered parachute, and if any of you ever have the opportunity to see one of these things in person I recommend it immensely. It was comical, it looked like something out of a cartoon, and I have no doubt that someday someone might come on here with a juicy UFO/coverup/cropdusting/whatever story that is really due to one of these little things.
I took photos of the little thing floating around, isn't it cute?

The photos, in all their glory:

DSC_0921.JPG
DSC_0922.JPG
DSC_0923.JPG
DSC_0925.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

NoParty

Senior Member.
A few days ago I saw something very odd in the sky, something that I think should be on here just for reference because I was incredibly, overwhelmingly baffled at whatever the hell this thing was. If I was in a low light situation, if it was farther away and if I wasn't of the skeptical persuasion I might think it was some sort of unidentified craft--whether that means little green men with probes or the world's smallest chemtrail depositor or Big Brother doing surveillance I don't know or care.
Anywho, my father and I were out running errands near our small community's rural airport. We heard something very loud and plane-like, as you do in that part of town, and looked outside. What we saw was a powered parachute, and if any of you ever have the opportunity to see one of these things in person I recommend it immensely. It was comical, it looked like something out of a cartoon, and I have no doubt that someday someone might come on here with a juicy UFO/coverup/cropdusting/whatever story that is really due to one of these little things.
I took photos of the little thing floating around, isn't it cute?
Hi Veronica!
We actually have a lot of these here in coastal San Diego.
"Paramotor" (aka "powered paraglider") is the easiest search term.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_paragliding

Paramotor.jpg

Here's one up in action...up close & personal

Some of the most fun aerial videos you'll see on YouTube, etc., are done
from these things...

And old timers will remember the bizarro "Fan Man" who crashed his fan glider into the corner of the ring in Nov. '93, during a title fight between Riddick Bowe & Evander Holyfield!

Last edited:

Veronica!

And old timers will remember the bizarro "Fan Man" who crashed his fan glider into the corner of the ring in Nov. '93, during a title fight between Riddick Bowe & Evander Holyfield!
It's... beautiful...
Makes me wonder where he is today.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
FlightMuj Explained: NASA documents stating a flat Earth??? Linear Aircraft Models Flat Earth 7
Picard Aircraft impact Design for Twin Towers 9/11 11
Agent K Air Force E-11A Communications Aircraft Crashes And Burns In Afghanistan Current Events 7
Laser Curved Aircraft Window Distortion Flat Earth 11
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown" Conspiracy Theories 3
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
cmnit Ulrike Lohmann on aircraft exhausts chemicals Contrails and Chemtrails 3
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Whitebeard EgyptAir flight MS804 Current Events 52
Spectrar Ghost Tip Vorticies - frequency by aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC New Zealand CAA puts up "Aircraft Trails" page Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West N8701Q Boeing 737-MAX 8 "Spirit of Renton" Testbed Aircraft Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West 1952 - Condensation Trails From Aircraft - With a 1937 Persistent Contrail Photo - Oldest Ever? Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Steve Funk Claim, C130 aircraft are spraying mysterious filaments. Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC Aircraft weight and balance in the real world Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Balance Met Office - Case Study Contrail-induced Cirrus Contrails and Chemtrails 0
TWCobra AA77-Pentagon explosion plume compared to known aircraft fires 9/11 0
Mick West Debunked: MH370: Daily Mail claims new sonar images indicate aircraft debris Flight MH370 3
c.eileen Help to ID a plane? [N90 - FAA Flight Inspection Aircraft] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 30
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch claiming that airliners do not appear on Flight Radar 24 - 10th March 2015 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
TEEJ Gary Cameron Clydebank, Scotland Video, 1st May 2015- Claim of aircraft not being on Flight Radar 24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
ssfor27 Aircraft Caught "Spraying" over Key West Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Trailspotter A new way to stop the gridlock in the skies General Discussion 0
Efftup Disappearing Falcons near Bournemouth, UK [Limited MLAT Coverage] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 37
MikeC Convair 580 aerosol measurement probe array Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Asylumkid Deadly emissions? [1% contribution of aviation emissions to harmful air pollution] General Discussion 10
Rico Debunked: Dane Wigington's Undeniable Footage of Jet Aircraft Spraying [Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 42
Efftup How far away can I see an aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 26
Charlesinsandiego Another triangular aircraft, this time in Kansas [B2 Bomber] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 25
TEEJ Mystery Aircraft over Texas 10th March 2014 - Steve Douglass Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 114
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
TWCobra Max Bliss debunked-Aircraft engine oil systems used to dispense Chemtrail chemicals Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Alchemist DEBUNKED - 9/11 aircraft black boxes weren't recovered 9/11 241
TWCobra Wigington/Max Bliss Debunked. Automated Chemtrail dispersal Commercial aircraft Contrails and Chemtrails 7
anonname Is this a chemtrail aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 15
CbIncus Calculations of Aircraft Contrail Formation Critical Temperatures (Mark L. Schrader) Contrails and Chemtrails 10
HappyMonday Anonymous Email from an aircraft mechanic (via twitter) Contrails and Chemtrails 37
TWCobra Effect of mid-range Mohs (hardness scale) Volcanic Ash on aircraft v Aluminium oxide Contrails and Chemtrails 14
Jay Reynolds Flight Tracking "Chemtrails" Aircraft Contrails and Chemtrails 39
Mick West Explained: Trump's Claim of Suspicious Early Morning Michigan Bump [It's Detroit] Election 2020 1
Mick West Explained: New Navy UFO Videos UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 77
Cassi O Polaris Height Perspective Explained (No math required) Flat Earth 1
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
A Explained: astronaut's movement causes lunar flag to wave in Apollo 15 footage Conspiracy Theories 0
Mick West Explained: The "Many Faces" of Patrick Crusius, the El Paso Shooter Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West Explained: "Beam of Light" in To The Stars Academy header images UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: "UFOS" in Donald Trump's Crowd Photo on 4th of July UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
D Explained: Photo of 747 with Contrails Only on One Side [Fake, April Fool] Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Qulaey Explained: 17.61 Mile Mirror Flash Supposedly Proves Flat Earth [Refraction] Flat Earth 5
Mick West Explained: The Navy's New "UFO" Reporting Guidelines UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 32
Related Articles

Related Articles