HALO jumping to collect contrail exhaust

Leifer

Senior Member.
H.A.L.O.
= High Altitude Low Opening
Extreme parachute jumpers can fall from 30-40k feet.
Is this a cheaper way to collect contrail (chemtrail) samples ?

According to quite a few chemtrail believers if it's a hot day on the ground then it's hot up at these altitudes and contrails couldn't form.
It might be an effective way of "dealing" with that subset of chemtrail believers to ask them to dress for the conditions and then take them up to 40,000ft. The concept of lapse rate might then be accepted with greater seriousness .

I realize it is rather difficult to "jump through a contrail", as the accuracy of the leap and glide must be perfectly timed. Better done by a plane, flying face-on through the length of a lasting contrail. (ice accumulation on the wings ?) or several "fly-throughs".
My post was slightly in jest, wondering why "chemtrail" believers have not suggested it more often.
Jumping to collect contrail samples IS possible to do, but not the best method....given that a plane will be already up there, near/at contrail formation height.
Why not collect samples from an aircraft ?

Yes, my post was inspired by Jason Murphy's jumping account.
"I did my 6th jump today, It was a tandem at 13,000 feet, I normally do the solo student thing but I went tandem to jump from the same plane as my aunt, the skydive itself was amazing to say the least, freefall is like crack, don't try it or you'll be hooked, HOWEVER, we jumped at 13,000 feet and me and my tandem master fell through a chemical cloud at 10,000 feet!!!! I saw the chem but said fuck it, I'm going to live while I'm alive chemtrails or not, just above the chemical cloud and on our way through it my nose and throat started burning like breathing in sulfur....I was in a "contrail" created cloud at an altitude that "contrails" should not form according to their bullshit science, well you fascist contrail conspiracy theorists, explain to me this one, should natural clouds burn as you breath them in?"
Jason's Facebook story
But he fell through a 10,000 altitude, and claims there might have been a contrail there. Not likely, unless he was jumping in a cold polar region.

So what was the date and location of his fall?
Sat pics, soundings, synoptic situation? I'll look into it. With a few established facts, the truth will out.

Good point.

Well, I can't see any specifics about exactly where or what time this all supposedly took place.

But as Stupid has said, all these questions are redundant. At those altitudes, he could only have jumped with breathing apparatus. That makes it impossible to have been breathing anything he was falling through, be it chemtrails, clouds or a fine mist of unicorn amniotic fluid.

flying face-on through the length of a lasting contrail. (ice accumulation on the wings ?)

Contrails are frozen. Won't stick to the wings I don't think. Besides, the actual moisture content at that altitude and temperature is really small. Yeah the ice crystals that make up the cirrus and contrail cirrus are reflective and scatter a lot of light but there's really not a lot of moisture there. Icing is a problem at high humidities and low temperatures at low altitudes where moisture content is quite high. You need a freezing plane flying through freezing air that's got liquid water for ice to accumulate on the plane, I think. The worst icing scenario I can think of is pretty much freezing rain. The plain is flying in a layer that is well below freezing (either on take off or approach so the altitude is fairly low) the next layer up is well above freezing so there is liquid rain falling through the freezing layer that the plane is in. Then, just like freezing rain glazing trees and powerlines when the freezing layer happens to be at the ground, the rain freezes on the plane. I'm sure there are other situations where liquid water is present in sub freezing temperatures such that it can "stick" to the plane but that isn't happening at 35,000 feet.

Deliberately flying in a contrail wouldn't be a risk. I've been on more than one commercial flight where we spent time in contrails. The best was a flight to Providence, Rhode Island ahead of Irene last year and the flight back. Flew back to Florida from Providence pretty much right over Irene. In both directions the airline used the upper level anti-cyclone that forms over strong tropical cyclones to have a tail wind. That meant that we were well embedded in the cirrus outflow from the system. I'm plastered to the window when I fly. We were in or near natural cirrus and contrail cirrus almost the entire way both ways.

So yeah. There's absolutely no reason to not collect contrail samples from aircraft. Commercial flights fly through the trails that other commercial flights created every day. Sometimes you avoid them if you're too soon behind the previous plane there is a wake to deal with and you don't want to jostle the passenger unnecessarily; but it isn't unusual to fly right through contrails.

There's absolutely no reason to not collect contrail samples from aircraft. Commercial flights fly through the trails that other commercial flights created every day. Sometimes you avoid them if you're too soon behind the previous plane there is a wake to deal with and you don't want to jostle the passenger unnecessarily; but it isn't unusual to fly right through contrails.

Yup, every passenger jet is sampling the trails every day that people claim there is strange stuff in the sky yet not finding any. The cabin pressurisation systems pump outside air right inside the cabin and as far as I've been able to determine, it doesn't get filtered on the way in. The system filters air already recirculating in the cabin so effectively an airliner allows outside air straight in without restriction. Crews get worried about phosphate based fumes from hot oil and hydraulics but they could care less about "chemtrail" nonsense.
There's about 80000 contrail sampling systems flying about carrying passengers every day.

Yes, we pilots and flight attendants should be the "smoking gun", yet my good health continues despite years of supposedly flying in concentrated forms of deadly chemicals. Go figure.

As Greg says, our biggest fumes problems are caused by Tri-cresyl phosphate, an additive in engine oil that has been known to enter cabins via dodgy engine and APU seals. TCP is a nerve agent and the real unadmitted reason why the Boeing 787 does not use engine bleed air for any of its systems.

Greg is correct about cabin air. It is admitted directly and unfiltered by the engine bleed air system. At any time, 50% of it is recirculated and 50% new air from the bleeds. Taking sample of cabin air would be a good proxy test for chemtrail exposure..although with the amount of aluminium in deodorant... maybe that wouldn't be too scientific either.

At a 10,000 foot jump, (even 12k foot) i don't think breathing apparatus is required.
Above 12k - 18k feet....02 breathing apparatus is almost mandatory..over that, it's necessary.
Though I found this....
outside source said:
Special Operations Forces regulations define the requirements for safe operation and mission completion. For day operations, supplemental oxygen must be used by all parachutists above 10,000 feet MSL in the aircraft if exposure exceeds 30 minutes. Oxygen is supplied either by inline oxygen or from portable cylinders. If there are extremes in temperature or physical exertion, the jump master can recommend supplemental oxygen at 5,000 feet MSL. Supplemental oxygen is used during the parachute descent for any jump above 13,000 feet MSL, and can be an option for jumps initiating below 13,000 feet MSL. For night operations, supplemental oxygen is required in the aircraft for all parachutists above 10,000 feet MSL while flying to the drop zone and is encouraged for altitudes above 5,000 feet MSL at the discretion of the jumpmaster. The HALO operations may be performed below 13,000 feet MSL once the parachutist has left the aircraft. The HAHO operations above 10,000 feet MSL must be performed with supplemental oxygen both in the aircraft and under the parachute canopy. Aircraft oxygen delivery systems must be capable of delivering 100 percent oxygen and supplemental oxygen settings with a mask which conforms to physiologic PRICE check procedures.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/airborne-halo-haho.htm

It used to be that the altitude limit for "unscreened" passengers in a commercial jet was 10,000 feet - essentially you could take any group of people to that pressure altitude. I have some vague memory that if O2 systems deployed due to depressurisation then the flow was shut off at 13,000 feet??

Found the FAA reg's here -

(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 10,000 feet, up to and including 12,000 feet, oxygen must be provided for and used by each member of the flight crew on flight deck duty and must be provided for other crewmembers for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration.
(2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,000 feet, oxygen must be provided for, and used by, each member of the flight crew on flight deck duty, and must be provided for other crewmembers during the entire flight at those altitudes.
(3) When a flight crewmember is required to use oxygen, he must use it continuously except when necessary to remove the oxygen mask or other dispenser in connection with his regular duties. Standby crewmembers who are on call or are definitely going to have flight deck duty before completing the flight must be provided with an amount of supplemental oxygen equal to that provided for crewmembers on duty other than on flight duty. If a standby crewmember is not on call and will not be on flight deck duty during the remainder of the flight, he is considered to be a passenger for the purposes of supplemental oxygen requirements.
(c) Passengers. Each certificate holder shall provide a supply of oxygen for passengers in accordance with the following:
(1) For flights at cabin pressure altitudes above 10,000 feet, up to and including 14,000 feet, enough oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration, for 10 percent of the passengers.
(2) For flights at cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet, up to and including 15,000 feet, enough oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes for 30 percent of the passengers.
(3) For flights at cabin pressure altitudes above 15,000 feet, enough oxygen for each passenger carried during the entire flight at those altitudes.
Content from External Source
So for short passengers can be left without O2 up to 15,000 feet - O2 only has to be supplied for a proportion up to then, presumably for anyone who has actual difficulty..

(This guy almost needs to be reported....he claims to know who is killing cops, Alberta, CA)

...the whole idea came from some facebook post giving tiny a amount of detail from a rather "unstable" gentleman, Jason Murphy.
I did my 6th jump today, It was a tandem at 13,000 feet, I normally do the solo student thing but I went tandem to jump from the same plane as my aunt, the skydive itself was amazing to say the least, freefall is like crack, don't try it or you'll be hooked, HOWEVER, we jumped at 13,000 feet and me and my tandem master fell through a chemical cloud at 10,000 feet!!!! I saw the chem but said fuck it, I'm going to live while I'm alive chemtrails or not, just above the chemical cloud and on our way through it my nose and throat started burning like breathing in sulfur....I was in a "contrail" created cloud at an altitude that "contrails" should not form according to their bullshit science, well you fascist contrail conspiracy theorists, explain to me this one, should natural clouds burn as you breath them in?
https://www.facebook.com/AnarchyIsNotChaos?sk=wall

That's all the detail there is.

He seems to be getting worse ?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/560610_423398391017233_1617123781_n.jpg

"
Jason Murphy said:
Use Facebook and other medias against them! They won't tell you the truth, the TV and mainstream media won't tell you the truth, the police won't tell you the truth because they don't know anything but to follow orders given by her majesty even if it means protecting people that are slowly killing police officers, hows that RCMP, the queen is having your officers murdered slowly but surely and you're protecting her....epic fail idiots.
Jason Murphy:
I see you all driving around not wearing gas masks breathing in the same crime against humanity as the rest of us, and yet you protect the criminals harming you, thus making yourselves criminals as well as victims....I've asked for your help RCMP, you only terrorize me when it benefits you, well you stupid pigs, in this case helping me stop this will benefit you, I know you pigs keep an eye on what I post so fucking read and think about what you read, YOU'RE CRIMINALS!
Jason Murphy
I don't loathe these cops, I loathe how stupid it is terrorizing people for no reason and protect people that are killing them, it's just stupid is all, I want them to act or leave, if not there's no place for them here in Canada.
Jason Murphy
I know of a crime where someone is killing police officers and government officials.
Jason Murphy I called them and told them about it and they refused to do anything, proving their guilt.....it's so obvious, yet so many still don't have a clue.....
May 29 at 7:36pm
Mike Regan I thought you meant someone specifically targeting authoritative figures nvm lol cuz that would be badass!
Jason Murphy
SOMEONE IS KILLING COPS!!
Share · May 29 at 7:27pm near Red Deer, Alberta ·

Jason Murphy I CALLED 911 AND TOLD THEM BUT THEY DIDN'T CARE!!!! EVERYONE HELP SAVE THE POOR LITTLE OUTNUMBERED OUTGUNNED POLICE OFFICERS!!!
May 29 at 7:30pm
Jason Murphy oh.....I shouldn't of said anything, they probably don't want you to know that they don't stand a chance if we all stand.
May 29 at 7:35pm
Leslie Joy Plaisance You got it Jason. Open Season on Predators!

There's more, what he says about anarchy and the action to make that happen.....
This dude is nuts.

Back