• MH370 speculation has become excessive recently. Metabunk is not a forum for creating theories by speculation. It's a forum for examining claims, and seeing if they hold up. Please respect this and keep threads on-topic. There are many other forums where speculation is welcome.

Flight MH370: Oil Rig Worker Mike McKay claims to spot plane crashing near Vietnam

ADSB is a broadcast signal from the aircraft that gets updated every half second. The radar transponder is what replies to an SSR interrogation, not the ADSB. Both get turned off however when the transponder is selected off.

If this aircraft went down in the South China Sea, why has there been no floating wreckage found?

Apologies for my error however an ADS-B response from the aircraft was picked up continuously until 17:27 UTC

I am not suggesting at all that it went down in the South China Sea.

The oil rig worker Mike McKay did not say that either.

It is entirely possible the aircraft was turned around in response to one problem and a cascading series of problems like an oxygen fed cockpit electrical fire resulted in melting of the fuselage and an out-rush of flames for 10-15 seconds. Fire will not sustain at 35,000ft, therefore if established on a southerly heading on autopilot, the crew would lose consciousness in 30 seconds or so deprived of their oxygen masks.

It seems more plausible in hindsight that Vietnamese searchers were being briefed by Malaysian officials and the story has been misreported.

I would hazard to surmise that in events such as this one, when multiple national entities are involved (and, possibly not on the best of terms diplomatically, perhaps) that many layers of dis- and mis-information might be conveyed. Even if unintentionally, sometimes.

It is entirely possible the aircraft was turned around in response to one problem and a cascading series of problems like an oxygen fed cockpit electrical fire resulted in melting of the fuselage and an out-rush of flames for 10-15 seconds. Fire will not sustain at 35,000ft, therefore if established on a southerly heading on autopilot, the crew would lose consciousness in 30 seconds or so deprived of their oxygen masks

That scenario would have the aircraft flying almost directly over Singapore who have one of the best AD systems in the region. There is no report of them picking anything up.

What have you heard from or about McKay since the original report?

This video
He doesn't answer emails.
The researches in South China Sea were operated by Malaysia, Vietnam and China, during 4 days. Closed to the public. They stopped immediatly when Inmarsat transmited the famous data.

June 5th 2014

Ok, I'm largely unskilled in this subject area - but of all the theories this "burning" falling aircraft one in/near the gulf of Thailand is at least credible with some eye witness account (s ?).

Well, I have just seen today now the following media report from "The Independent" newspaper :

An English woman sailor, who witnessed a burning aircraft matching, if I understand it correctly the day and time period of the oil rig workers report. (However the areas don't match up so well on paper - maps, but at night with an aircraft at flying altitude - I don't know - can someone with good sea/aeronautical navigation knowledge/experience please comment ?).

"MH370 search: British sailor may be last to see lost jet after reporting ‘burning plane with trail of black smoke’ over Indian Ocean"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...of-black-smoke-over-indian-ocean-9477827.html

If the "burning" falling aircraft report is credible for the fate of MH370 , then we all can work out the potential "elephant(s)" in the room that has silenced the implications.........

Kiwi lad
------------------

liability for a technical issue? Has that ever stopped or controlled investigations before?
Although most investigations are not controlled by the very companies who should be getting investigated themselves-- i.e Inmarsat. It's a pretty unusual situation, where they control the shots.

June 5th 2014

Ok, I'm largely unskilled in this subject area - but of all the theories this "burning" falling aircraft one in/near the gulf of Thailand is at least credible with some eye witness account (s ?).

Well, I have just seen today now the following media report from "The Independent" newspaper :

An English woman sailor, who witnessed a burning aircraft matching, if I understand it correctly the day and time period of the oil rig workers report. (However the areas don't match up so well on paper - maps, but at night with an aircraft at flying altitude - I don't know - can someone with good sea/aeronautical navigation knowledge/experience please comment ?).

"MH370 search: British sailor may be last to see lost jet after reporting ‘burning plane with trail of black smoke’ over Indian Ocean"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...of-black-smoke-over-indian-ocean-9477827.html

If the "burning" falling aircraft report is credible for the fate of MH370 , then we all can work out the potential "elephant(s)" in the room that has silenced the implications.........

Kiwi lad
------------------
The British sailer said this;
“There were two other planes passing well above it – moving the other way – at that time. They had normal navigation lights. I remember thinking that if it was a plane on fire that I was seeing, the other aircraft would report it.
Content from External Source
Wouldn't it be safer at least for investigators to at least give her story a look, rather than dismissing it totally. It seems to me it would be easy to find the 2 planes that were flying above and in the opposite direction the plane on fire was flying based on here lat/long. Now a question for pilots. If you were flying above a plane that was on fire, and it was coming at you from below would you notice it at all, day or night. Would your radar have picked it up in the plane as well?

Larry asked for his posts to be removed because he was afraid of government persecution, then continued to post similar material. So I have banned him.

Back