Explained: Angel Colon's Hand Wounds from Orlando Shooting

Pathogen

So I was just curious to see what this forums opinion is on the famous guy from the Orlando shooting "Angel Colon" Now this guy said on multiple TV interviews that he was shot like 6 times.. Ok I can see that as possible though I have a hard time with it I can swallow that. Now what I can't swallow is the blatant lie being told when he says "by the grace of God he shoots for my head and it hits my hand" now I'm suppose to believe that this guy took a high velocity.223 round to the hand without leaving so much as a mark? Look I am a kinda guy who believes a very select CT most are to outlandish for me (cern/illumanti/chemtrails) but this guy really made me re-think what I've heard about so called crisis actors. Could it be possible that he was used by media to paint a picture of strength and resilience? I've read other replies from this form and they seem logical and I can respect that so please help me debunk this umm "situation".. Simply Google "Orlando Angel Colon" you can see tons of pictures of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Debunking Methodology: googled for "angel colon hand", noted photos showed stitches20160827-134901-zw6y3.jpg

then google image search for "angel colon stitches" which turned up the Getty Images.

A question then arises, if this particular aspect of the conspiracy theory can be debunked literally in seconds, then what does this say about the people who push this aspect? It seems quite possible to me that they are deliberately lying. Now of course they could simply be exhibiting huge confirmation bias, but this is such a straightforward thing.

Last edited:
So you truly believe that those cuts are from a . 223 round? I'm only speaking from my experience with the 223 round and it does not generally look like a cut from glass as those appear to be. The only other possible option is he is a liar. [off topic material removed] Thanks for your attempt at debuting this but I can not take that as the answer simply due to the fact that I know what a 223 round does and that is not it. Cheers though have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of ways a hand can be wounded from a gunshot, one way is from fragments of the bullet or something that it hits. Notice the large number of small wounds on his head. Those are clearly not direct hits from bullets, but indirect damage from something else. This type of injury was described in accounts:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Orlando_nightclub_shooting
According to one of the hostages, Mateen entered a bathroom where people were hiding and opened fire, wounding several. The hostage, who had taken cover inside a stall with others, was injured by two bullets and struck with flying pieces of a wall that was hit by stray bullets.
Content from External Source

So you truly believe that those cuts are from a . 223 round? I'm only speaking from my experience with the 223 round and it does not generally look like a cut from glass as those appear to be. The only other possible option is he is a liar. [off topic material removed] Thanks for your attempt at debuting this but I can not take that as the answer simply due to the fact that I know what a 223 round does and that is not it. Cheers though have a good day.
Is it stated somewhere that the bullet went through his hand, or had a more direct hit than it appears in the picture?

It seems the pictures show the bullet 'grazed' his hand. Is there a reason to think this isn't the case?

A plausible trajectory, skim the middle finger of the right hand, and rips the web between middle and right ring finger.
20160828-102902-hyhns.jpg

So I was just curious to see what this forums opinion is on the famous guy from the Orlando shooting "Angel Colon" Now this guy said on multiple TV interviews that he was shot like 6 times.. Ok I can see that as possible though I have a hard time with it I can swallow that. Now what I can't swallow is the blatant lie being told when he says "by the grace of God he shoots for my head and it hits my hand" now I'm suppose to believe that this guy took a high velocity.223 round to the hand without leaving so much as a mark? Look I am a kinda guy who believes a very select CT most are to outlandish for me (cern/illumanti/chemtrails) but this guy really made me re-think what I've heard about so called crisis actors. Could it be possible that he was used by media to paint a picture of strength and resilience? I've read other replies from this form and they seem logical and I can respect that so please help me debunk this umm "situation".. Simply Google "Orlando Angel Colon" you can see tons of pictures of him.
So, in light of the evidence, ya know....facts, you simply dismiss it because it doesn't fit your preconceived narrative?

Ok so, maybe a former Marine can help with this one a bit.. the .223 caliber (5.56mm) is moving at a velocity of 769 m/s. The injuries that most people associate with the .223 and the 5.56 are related to the round's tumbling design. The round is literally designed to "tumble" as it enters the target, causing as much damage to the body as possible.. IE killing the target more efficiently and HOPEFLLY causing a lot less pain for the individual being shot.

The issue here, and the reason its so hard to wrap around, is that the round itself DOESNT begin to tumble or "yaw" (imaged above) until its nearly 5 inches (120 mm) into the body. The round itself (pictured below) is extremely sharp, and traveling at those speeds, its very possible to penetrate the finger or hand and exit with the wounds as shown in the images of the Orlando victim.

Add to that, that a lot of the residual damage seen is also the result of the round traveling a bit more than twice the speed of sound (349 m/s vs the rounds 769 m/s).

The ballooning you see in the video above (at 32 seconds) is very similar to what happens to ballistic gel (see video below at 10s) when its hit by a .223 or a 5.56. Since there's is drastically less flesh, and ergo less water in the hand and finger, the damage will be less.

Hope this helps.

Back