Does Rosalind Peterson believe in chemtrails?

Pogopoint99

Senior Member.
I've always found her stance on “chemtrails” somewhat vague. On the one hand she doesn't use the word “chemtrail” because (as she describes it) it puts her in the realm of conspiracy theories. Yet, the chemtrail conspiracy community seems to tout her as one of their champions.

The YouTube user MediaRival claims to be a friend of Peterson's. When an opportunity presented itself, I decided to ask if he could clarify Peterson's stance on chemtrails. At the end of our exchange I was blocked from both the MediaRival and Webmasterflah YouTube channels.

I've condensed the conversation but the unabridged version is here:
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=lVFuOZu7Xhg&page=2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosalind Peterson is part of a TEAM of researchers. Rosalind has a BA degree from Sonoma State University in Environmental Studies & Planning (ENSP) with emphasis on using solar power, photosynthesis, agriculture, and crop production. As a certified crop loss adjustor for the State of Calif. she is credited for ground breaking research on tree decline which later developed into atmospheric studies of the effects of weather mod programs on our crops and drinking water supplies.
MediaRival 10 months ago

I love it when they bring up Peterson.
Rosalind Peterson has stated outright that she does not subscribe to the "chemtrail" conspiracy theory. Her concerns, which happen to be legitimate, are with the repercussions of contrail formation.
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99 Who also happens to be a friend of mine. She prefers the terms "geo-engineering" and "weather modification" but agrees 100% with my views on this subject. So by all means.... bring up Rosiland Peterson... I love it too. What next, smart guy?
MediaRival 9 months ago

@MediaRival
Q: Chemtrail & contrail, is there a difference and what is it?
Peterson: Ppl who use the terminology get stuck with what they can and can not prove... I can't actually stand on the word chemtrail because it puts me in the conspiracy theory realm and I won't go there.
"but agrees 100% with my views on this subject."
Sure she does. Please show us your proof that Peterson believes in chemtrails.
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99 You have no idea what you are talking about. Rosalind Peterson HAS NOT stated outright that she does not subscribe to the "chemtrail" theory. I should know - she is a friend of mine and I am the person who got her on the Alex Jones Show. I think she's been on 3 or 4 times now. The subject: CHEMTRAILS. She prefers the terms geo-engineering, weather modification and persistent contrails because lots of sheeple have been pre-programmed not to accept the term "chemtrails". Now what?
webmasterflash 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99
Peterson QUOTE: "When I consented to do this interview I was led to believe that they were going to tell the real, well-studied, and documented story about aviation and persistent jet contrail impacts on the global atmosphere…not just another worn-out variation of the “Chemtrail conspiracy” issue."
I would say that Rosalind Peterson does not subscribe to the chemtrail theory. However, if you have proof that she is a proponent of chemtrails, then please show it, thanks.
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@webmasterflash You are correct to a certain extent but still missing the point. She only wants to distance herself from "chemtrails" when it comes to the mainstream media and people programmed by the mainstream. She does not like being called a conspiracy theorist because of the same reasons. Check out the Alex Jones Show and see what we are up against. Good luck.

@webmasterflash "She only wants to distance herself from "chemtrails" when it comes to the mainstream media and people programmed by the mainstream. "
Has she personally told you that she believes in "chemtrails" and that they part of a government conspiracy?
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99 Did you listen to the damn interview? It's only a mouse click away. YouTube search "The Alex Jones Show 4-9-09: Rosalind Peterson of CaliforniaSkyWatch Part 1".

@webmasterflash "Did you listen to the damn interview? "
Yes I did, first 5 minutes just like you said. 3 1/2 painful minutes of Alex Jones and another 2 min. of Peterson. She did not once mention chemtrails or conspiracies.
I'll ask you yet again. Has Peterson told you that she believes chemtrails are part of a government conspiracy?
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99 WTF do you think? Yes and Yes.
YouTube search" The Alex Jones Show 4-9-09: Rosalind Peterson of CaliforniaSkyWatch Part 1".

@webmasterflash Has she personally told you that she believes in "chemtrails" and that they part of a government conspiracy?
PogoPoint99 9 months ago

@PogoPoint99 WTF do you think? Yes and Yes.

I'm pretty sure she thinks that "they" are spraying something. She may not call it "chemtrails", but that's still basically what she believes

I agree.

However, in all the interviews I've heard, she never explicitly states that she believes jet trails are part of a conspiracy, or that contrails are really chemtrails. She always seems to gingerly sidestep answering any direct questions about her beliefs in chemtrails and carefully dissociates herself from the chemtrail conspiracy community. Sometimes she even seems to get a little irate with interviewers that keep asking her about chemtrails. Yet she participates on Alex Jones and The Great Culling etc... hence the irony.

I just found it amusing that someone who claims to be her friend, comes out and states that not only does she believe in chemtrails, but that they are part of a government conspiracy.

This is from the earliest archived version of her web page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020714085306/http://www.californiaskywatch.com/

On March 27, 2002, the lives of many people changed here in Mendocino County, California. It was the day that Skywatching started here in the town of Ukiah and in small towns all over Mendocino County. And it was the day that our lives changed forever.

It was the day that we discovered that Jets were flying above, on an almost daily basis, leaving contrails behind. Not normal contrails that usually disappear within seconds, but contrails that lingered, increased in size, and formed strange cloud-like patterns in the skies overhead. These jets could, within 3-4 hours, cover the entire sky in a white haze that eventually descends to earth. The contrail patterns form irregular shapes and designs in the sky as well, increasing in size and design shapes, or changing into chemically made clouds or yellowish brown fog.

The jets you will see are not joyriding, as has been suggested, but are performing highly ritualized and specialized patterns. (Who has the funds to pay for the chemicals, the pilots, the number of different types of jets who can fly 24 hours per day over our county, the mechanics, the support personnel, and the radar capability, etc?)

Clearly that's the chemtrail theory in all but name. She rationalized avoiding the name like this:

http://www.californiaskywatch.com/

Alex Jones placed the Word "Chemtrails" in the title and in his write up on his website knowing that I don't use this undefined term which the U.S. Air Force, NASA & NOAA all define as an "Internet Hoax", "Hoax", or listed as part of an "Internet Conspiracy Theory".

With government officials, the media, and our elected officials, armed with the misinformation that persistent contrails were “normal and benign” in the environment, and that "chemtrails" were all part of a "hoax", all efforts to find out why these unusual sightings were occurring were stopped dead in their tracks since the early 1990s. The media (whether television or newspapers), ignored thousands of complaints, allowing our once deep blue skies to be turned into massive jet-produced contrail configurations, white haze, reflective white particles, various types of man-made clouds, and other unusual cloud formations along with varied weather events. And the media, following the lead of the U.S. Air Force, and other U.S. government agencies, linked questions about these events to “believers in conspiracy theories".

In 2002, when I first started researching this subject I discovered that the use of the word "chemtrails" was not accepted by any elected official or government agency. The media was not interested in this subject unless it was used to marginalize those that used the word. This continues to be true today. When I discovered that this had been happening for years I stopped using the term in 2002, unless asked directly why I wouldn't use this term.

So not only does she believe in chemtrails, she thinks that the word "chemtrails" was deliberately sullied by the government to prevent research.

I had actually had a brief discussion with her via email...I provided lots of data and photos of persistent contrails dating back decades...She seemed very interested to receive it and yet couldn't seem to process that what she was seeing today was no different...just more.

She was on the Discovery (?) show on "chemtrails" several years ago- had all sorts of pictures of suspicious trails- which they then showed to Patrick Minnis and he just said she was wrong...misinterpreting what she was seeing..

There just seems to be a disconnect there....not sure what her deal is.

@ pogopoint99 ~ "Does Rosalind Peterson believe in chemtrails?"

Interesting question. She does usually avoid using the word, "chemtrail”, but is in cahoots with others propagating that hoax. My take on RP is that she’s trying to sell fear and a powerful distrust of “the government”, among other things. She’s definitely one of the big players in the “fear movement”, a subject that probably needs it’s own heading. She has no problem being associated with the chemtrail CT and all the bunk that goes with it, but I don’t think she really believes in “chemtrails”, and I’ll betcha she knows all about contrail science. She does seem to focus on weather modification/geo-engineering topics and avoids using the word “chemtrail”, but as others have mentioned she implies “chemtrails” are real without using the word.

From her Agriculture Defense Coalition (President and Co-Founder) ~ http://agriculturedefensecoalition.org/ , at the top of the site's “Weather Modification” page ~

"Weather modification has been ongoing for decades in the United States. It was perfected during the Vietnam War leading to the ENMOD Treaty signed by the United States. However, this has not stopped a whole host of weather modification programs and experiments being initiated or are now ongoing in the U.S."

No proof, no references, no links, but OK; there's a little bit of reality in that paragraph, such as cloud seeding, the scientific experiments that have surely been performed over the years, but the larger message is that you can't trust your government, that “weather modification” is being performed on a large scale, that a geo-engineering program is in effect right now, today, and that there are nefarious and secret reasons behind it.

When I look at RP’s contributions to this and other CT's, add her involvement with California Sky Watch ~ http://www.californiaskywatch.com/ , add her guest appearances on right-wing anti-government radio shows, and her contributions to CT forums and message boards? I’m suspicious as hell of Rosalind Peterson’s motivations, I think she knows damn well those lingering contrails in the sky are just contrails, and I have a conspiracy theory of my own regarding many of the people perpetuating some of these hoaxes. The chemtrail hoax is one I fell for a few years ago, and I'm still pretty sore about that. So my suspicions about the people behind the hoax may be a little skewed. But I do think some of the CT gatekeepers know damn well they're spreading bunk, and I think Rosalind Peterson is probably one of those people.

Carnicom

Well Cliffie Carnicom also started trying to avoid the term chemtrails, but there is no doubt he believes in it.

Using a different term than "chemtrails", is less about them not believing in it, and more about trying to polish a turd.

Its disingenous, because they are still trying to spread the same bunk, but make it look like their concerns are environmental based, and not trying to spread some vast spraying conspiracy.

Look at these groups?
http://environmentalvoices.org/index.html
http://agriculturedefensecoalition.org/

At first glance from the URL names, it would appear to be environmental groups.

Nope, they are Chemtrail promoting websites, trying not to look like chemtrail websites. Rosalind is involved in both, and started the agricultural defense coalition. In chemtrail land, a coalition is 1 person, as long as you hope to get others to join later.

http://www.agriculturedefensecoalition.org/?q=about-rosalind-peterson

trying to polish a turd.
In chemtrail land, a coalition is 1 person, as long as you hope to get others to join later.

That makes my day, my good man.:)

We know each other, what was your screen name at the debunkatorium?

Its disingenous, because they are still trying to spread the same bunk, but make it look like their concerns are environmental based, and not trying to spread some vast spraying conspiracy.

That's the strategy I believe some of them are trying to employ. They put on this veneer of legitimacy when talking to their local officials or congressman by avoiding terms like chemtrails that carry a negative stigma. Scratch the surface, and you'll find they're really just conspiracy theorists.

Indeed lots of the more experienced chemmie foot soldiers now will say they are "on the fence" or similar and avoid using the term chemtrails - I think they've finally realised it's nonsense...but they have to whine about something so it's weather modification and geoengineering - claiming silver iodide is poisoning us, that geoengineering likewise - so you ask what geoengineering is actually being carried out...and it's cloud seeding, or something else not defined - they do seem to have largely given up on contrails as chemtrails.

Well...

Ya, I can imagine how that must be tough at times. But look at it this way... I bet you're now one hell of a great skeptic.

I'd say that's mostly true, except now I think there's a "conspiracy" behind the people selling chemtrails. But after all the bogus things I've believed in I figure it this way; what the hell? Neat thing if I can ever prove it.

@ Jay ~ interesting! Thank you.

Indeed lots of the more experienced chemmie foot soldiers now will say they are "on the fence" or similar and avoid using the term chemtrails - I think they've finally realised it's nonsense...but they have to whine about something so it's weather modification and geoengineering - claiming silver iodide is poisoning us, that geoengineering likewise - so you ask what geoengineering is actually being carried out...and it's cloud seeding, or something else not defined - they do seem to have largely given up on contrails as chemtrails.

I believe we're in agreement. I think what I'm suggesting is that people like Rosalind Peterson and that ilk are deliberately spreading a general fear of anything possibly contrail-related. Are they doing it for profit? For fame? Why are those people so tied into other conspiracy theory, such as fear of "big guv'mint"? It's interesting. But yes, RP will say anything, depending on her audience. I love the way the chemmies are putting "chemtrails" in quotes now...as in not much.

Any ambiguity an ex-chemtrail believer has about this phenomenon just proves they've read very little debunk on the subject. Some free thinkers.

Rosalind Petersons other site, Californiaskywatch.com, also hosts another "coalition" inside of it, the "Bonnefire Coalition", again which is started by one person, Bonnie Hoag.
http://www.californiaskywatch.com/content/welcome-bonnefire-coalition

Either she is deluded, or disingenous, for claiming that her site is not a chemtrail site, and that its a different issue.

"The word 'Chemtrail' has never appeared in any scientific literature anywhere." Neither Cindy Pikoulas (www.longislandskywatch.com) nor Bonnie Hoag of The Bonnefire Coalition (www.californiaskywatch.com) used the word “chemtrail” in this interview with News 10 Reporter Marie Luby and they do not associate themselves with the “chemtrail conspiracy” which is an entirely different issue.

They are still chemmies who are trying not to look like chemmies. Everything on that part of her site is standard boilerplate chemmie claptrap

I'd say that's mostly true, except now I think there's a "conspiracy" behind the people selling chemtrails.

People obviously have different motives. I believe sometimes those motives overlap and it might seem like they're all working towards a common goal. For instance I believe some of the chemmies are just out to make a buck, others are media whores, some act out of genuine concern, and yet others are simply bat shit crazy.

Lets revisit something quite interesting.

"The word 'Chemtrail' has never appeared in any scientific literature anywhere." Neither Cindy Pikoulas (www.longislandskywatch.com) nor Bonnie Hoag of The Bonnefire Coalition (www.californiaskywatch.com) used the word “chemtrail” in this interview with News 10 Reporter Marie Luby and they do not associate themselves with the “chemtrail conspiracy” which is an entirely different issue.

Really????

Lets go to Longislandskywatch.com, it looks like the website is having issues, but you can go to the cached version.
a photo has this caption "Long Island Chemtrailed Sky", along with numerous chemtrail mentions on the right site in the news links.

Lets also visit the Dionondehowa Wildlife Sanctuary and School, cofounded by Bonnie Hoag or Bonnefire and California Skywatch
http://www.dionondehowa.org/

Amazing the first picture you get to, is not of nature, but of contrails in the sky at sunrise. And guess what, they are having a "Sky Symposium" in July
http://www.dionondehowa.org/pdfs/dws_news_2011.pdf

SKY UPDATE - Who Owns the Weather?

In an opening slide of the PowerPoint presentation “Who Owns the Weather?” the following statements are found regarding the variety

of pluming jet contrails which combine, globally and daily, to haze the Sky and dim the Sun.

NASA calls them Persistent Jet Contrails and says they are a problem.

Geoengineers call them Solar Radiation Management and say they are a solution.

In the vernacular they are called chemtrails.

"The word 'Chemtrail' has never appeared in any scientific literature anywhere."

Very minor, but It did occur in the article "AKA 'Morgellons'" American Journal of Nursing:May 2008 - Volume 108 - Issue 5 - p 25-26
A cursory Internet search for "Morgellons" reveals theories of nanotechnology gone awry, an
immune disorder, an infectious agent, mass psychogenic hysteria, the effects of airline contrails
(known as "chem-trails"), illegal immigrants, Lyme disease, and others. ...

Back