Debunking Chemtrails in rap

HappyMonday

I'm still annoyed at myself for being semi-duped by the chemtrail conspiracy theory before I discovered the information on contrailscience.com and metabunk.org.

I'm also an MC and music producer of some years standing here in the UK and so, in order to do my bit to thwart the rise in pseudoscience, I've spent the last month deciding what the most prevalent falsehoods used to hook people into the theory are, and have written a rap track incorporating the information debunking them.

Excuse the length of this post, but in the interests of peer-review from fellow debunkers I wondered if the forum would do me a favour and read over my lyric?

You can also download the current work in progress MP3 of the track if you'd like, but you'll have to private message me for a link and password.

This will be recorded properly in the next couple of days, and released via my netlabel as soon as it's mixed, with a video to follow some time in the New Year.

Thanks to those who take the time to read!

-------------------------
V1

Fighting fire with fact about lines in the sky,
Theory about which is increasingly cockeyed,
And driven by the paranoid, distressing like a battlecry,
Despite distorted basis like tabloid outcries.

”Have you seen the chemtrails,” conspiracists cry,
And do you know they’re connected, to evil drives?
But that’s just speculation based on slovenly lies,
That coincide with unusual things in your eyes.

I’ll start with the claims before laying any blame,
And tame a troll or two as part of the game,
I aim to outsmart and the science reclaim,
And puncture a few egos addicted to the fame.

Elongated trails are one of the first,
Details in the tale of a scams birth,
Relies on a dearth of learning about the physics of the Earth,
Exploited by the paranoid for all that it’s worth.

It’s been science fact since 1923,
That water from an engine is likely to freeze,
Above 30 thousand feet where the temperature’s usually,
Minus 40 to minus 60 degrees.

But if the atmosphere’s also moisture free,
This allows the ice that forms to melt away with ease,
High humidity creates a second species,
Which remain along the path of the planes journey.

I’m putting it simply, to keep things easy,
For disambiguation if you like to get picky,
Ice supersaturation is the technical doohickey,
For the trick that stops contrails from dispersing quickly.

CH

There’s a worrying propensity,
It’s conspiracy,
With those who believe we’re ruled by our enemies,
But not to put an end to me,
It’s conspiracy,
That much is plain to see.

V2

So, normal contrails persist and spread,
Scientifically proved, so that claims dead,
Let’s face another line which helps a hoax spread,
Amongst those fed a diet of chemtrail dread.

I don’t remember those, you say to yourself,
When I was a pup, and I used to look up,
Approach with a hardhead as photos and film are widespread,
The archive nails this one to the masthead.

From the battle of the bulge in fourty four,
To the Memphis Belle in the second world war,
To the film Zulu and celluloid battle’s for,
Gettysburg, Rome and British Pathe’s Strasbourg.
Why all the believers? I look to nostalgia,
And it’s favourable purpose in the eyes of academia,
The rose tint factor that protects the brain from pain,
Like Pethadine in your veins could for neuralgia.

No coincidence the incidence of hippies on Twitter,
Increased air traffic that fits their mental schema,
Recall era’s of blue skies and talk bitter,
At nature clouded by man-made ice emitters.

CH

There’s a worrying propensity,
It’s conspiracy,
With those who believe we’re ruled by our enemies,
But not to put an end to me,
It’s conspiracy,

V3

What about these documents in which our governments,
Admit to their intent to mitigate weather trends,
And the patents for devices that people invent,
Which tend to cement believer discontent?

From Welsbach to Kucinich it’s a question of extent,
To which a mention in a paper is real evidence,
For the ongoing events chem theories present,
The logical connection is decidedly bent.

A patent can apply if a device wouldn’t work,
And Welsbach is a stratospheric framework,
Far above where photographed craft safely lurk,
So sadly irrelevant to your research.

Act 2977’s a similar quirk,
Propaganda from the believers church,
Roundly condemned by it’s original source,
Related not to chemtrails but to star wars force.

I’m constructing this rap to bridge logic gaps,
If you’re connecting dots be sure to always check your facts,
Human brains are biased when they want to believe,
To confirm without criticism that which misleads.

The real treacheries in conspiracies industry,
And the need for popularity of it’s self proclaimed authorities,
Who’ve been told about disparities but continue anyways,
Exploiting naivety using basic psychology.

In the name of charity, they propagate a fallacy,
Ultimately blindly ‘til it all ends badly,
Should somebody give substance to the trend emergent,
Stop advocating violence and learn a little science.

FINAL CH

Trail’s don’t worry me
There’s no conspiracy
When you examine the claims empirically
There isn’t any parity,
It’s a fallacy,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great!

I really like the end chant:
When you examine the claims empirically
There isn’t any parity,
It’s a fallacy,

Now, how to promote this? What can we do to help?

Thanks chaps.

Jay, the chemtrail theory is clearly evolving, from "what you see is all spray," to "some contrails have additives,", and the blatant attempts to slip the theory in with geoengineering etc.

Do you keep track of this evolution?

One thing I would add . . .

If I meant you harm, I would hide it well
Why hang it in the air for all to see
I'd spray them at night to dissipate
So if you see them in the air no need to fear
They are clouds writing a tale of trade and travel

If Atmospheric Science is not your bag
Simple logic can prevail, you see
Simple, No one puts a sign in the air if they wish to hide

Why would I put a billboard in the sky?
Ask yourself . . . Why would I put a billboard in the sky?

Thanks chaps.

Jay, the chemtrail theory is clearly evolving, from "what you see is all spray," to "some contrails have additives,", and the blatant attempts to slip the theory in with geoengineering etc.

Do you keep track of this evolution?
Can you rephrase and elaborate on your questions? I really don't understand.

Cheers George. I considered something about the convoluted nature of the theory itself,Occams Razor and all that,but I plan a string of these on different subjects,so thought I'd save that point for one of the others.

Cheers George. I considered something about the convoluted nature of the theory itself,Occams Razor and all that,but I plan a string of these on different subjects,so thought I'd save that point for one of the others.
Fair enough . . . think this idea of . . . if I want to hide . . . why paint a target to my rear is a good point. . .

Can you rephrase and elaborate on your questions? I really don't understand.

Think of it as a meme for the purpose of this.

Am I correct in thinking it started as "All persistent contrails are chemtrails,they're spraying us,".

This took off,and is what most of those who discover the theory come across,because the claim is so entrenched.

The chemtrail priesthood (those that are profiting I suppose) knew this can't last,so they need to alter the claim.

That's what's now underway.The savvy people you argue with WILL NOT state that persistent cons are chemtrails,instead being vague about fuel additives and geoengineering proposals.

It's classic really,confused PR.On the one hand,they need to keep frightening people with the 'look up' evidence to maintain recruitment,but they're also trying to move away from that in terms of an 'acceptable face' strategy.

Geoengineering is the new card,because it let's them say "I bet they're already doing it anyway,".

What I mean is,do you keep track of the new aspects/conflations of this theory as they appear? In terms of timeline etc?

I keep track in my head, and probably could date the inceptions of ideas as they came up, but the morphing "reasons for chemtrails" and "spray ingredients" speculations have been so diverse as to boggle the mind, really. Many of them time dealt with. For example, the owner of chemtrailcentral.com settled personally on a "vaccination" theory, which he got by believing some 'channeled' words a person he trusted told him.. After a few years why continue vaccinating? It just didn't make sense anymore.

Many of the ideas debunk each other, For example, one said it was bio-warfare, designed to kill, while the other was a vaccination against biowarfare.

It really bests serves the leaders to maintain vagueness, because the message then attracts a wider audience, look at WHYWATS, they maintain about 3 or 4 ideas.

I once started the "International Journal of Chemtrail Research". It was to be a spoof about the chemmies, and one article was to be called, "Who knew Barium Could Do So Much?"
I was going to list the seemingly endless uses of barium being bandied about, maybe 4 or 5 completely different things it was suposed to do. If you thought about it, how could one element actually do all of that?

In some cases the meme followed current trends, and tagged onto whatever the believers wanted it to, depending on their personal fears, prejudices, or enemy.

For instance, Francis Mangels has a long history of personal job-related conflict with the USFS, which includes allegations of physical confrontation, sexual harassment, somebody crapping in his workspace, and even a lawsuit filed over age/sex discrimination and loss of promotion. You might have noticed that he seems to focus on soil and water organisms.
This is because he is in a "I'll show them!" mode where he is the heroic avenger defeating the Feds who have always been against him.
Watch this and you can literally feel where the hate is coming from (about 6 minutes in):

Around 2000-2001 I did write a sarcastic article predicting what was going to happen based on a past performance and human nature:
http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/scarehow.html

Yes, the biggy has become geoengineering, but that idea was around from the beginning at least by 2000, and they have chosen to "free-ride" on it because they are able to attach the hoax to a legitimate discussion.

I notice small evolutions as they arise sometimes. For instance someone on AboveTopSecret.com suggested that "chemtrails" might be caused by increasing the carbon (soot) content of the exhaust (as it was mentioned in one geoengineering idea), and a day later someone else used the idea:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread903443/pg4#pid15437211
30-Nov-2012

http://www.global-warming-geo-engin...Commercial-Jets-Rich-Fuel-Air-Ratio/ag13.html
[...]
This can be done right now, with the planes only running rich while in the stratosphere. This is based on about 1.3% fuel converted to soot and relies on a 1989 estimate that 1% offsets 6.5GtC forcing (22). The 1.3% takes into consideration growth in forcing since 1989 and applies it to a 2000 baseline. The additional soot will block enough sunlight to completely offset warming due to GHG emissions and hold the forcing at 2000 levels.

Like with the sulfur emissions, more soot would be required each year. Due to uncertainty of the response to additional soot, I have not provided a schedule for the next 50 years. If it is linear and has to match GHG emissions growth between now and 2050, then around 2.6% soot might be enough to offset the warming then. That would still seem doable, since only 2.6% of jet fuel is burned for this purpose. However, a doubling of jet fuel use might allow 1.3% to continue to be used.

The black carbon aerosol released may generate more cirrus clouds and enhance stratospheric warming.
Content from External Source
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread904075/pg2#pid15446398
1-Dec-2012

So persistent contrails are nothing new, and the are becoming more common due to the increase in airline travel and the new high-bypass engines that are being used.​
That may be true in part, but it is a lie by omission, along with increased traffic we are witnessing many weather modification projects whose goal is to create various type clouds, and this can be as simple a process as burning a richer mixture on demand over any targeted areas, (carbon black, ) it can be a release of various types of aerosols to add to this soup, and these can be acted upon by various land ,.space and sea based ionizers and particle exciters.
Content from External Source
This is attractive to chemtrail enthusiasts as it gives them an "out". They can still claim covert geoengineering, and yet also have the contrails being regular contrails.

So I'd expect to see this crop up a bit more. They were slightly stymied when I noted that creating more soot has actually been proposed as a contrail reduction method.
http://contrailscience.com/contrail-avoidance-and-mitigation-techniques/

But as has been seen for decades, conspiracy theories are infinitely flexible. They constantly adjust to accomodate new evidence - and they also seem to fragment into contradicting factions, who nevertheless all continue to work together. Consider that William Thomas, Dane Wigington, and Scott Stevens all have RADICALLY different interpretations of what is going on - yet they all go to the Consciousness Beyond Chemtrails conference, and all seem to be on the same "side".

"http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/scarehow.html"

That actually seems like lots of material for a good script for a simple "instructional" video done funny cheesy home shopping style.
ie, debunk the subject by showing how the hoax has been structured and how to deal with inconvenient facts by just labelling anyone who argues as a "Troll" etc.

"http://goodsky.homestead.com/files/scarehow.html"

That actually seems like lots of material for a good script for a simple "instructional" video done funny cheesy home shopping style.
ie, debunk the subject by showing how the hoax has been structured and how to deal with inconvenient facts by just labelling anyone who argues as a "Troll" etc.

Cheers for that info Jay, I'm thinking of a clearly delineated timeline similar to those Google stats you posted as a joke in another thread, but with the evolution of the idea as a focus.

I understand it isn't clear-cut and that ideas are incorporated and discarded as required, but a 'map' should still be possible even if it's fairly general. It's not like the believers have any rigorous standards for things like that after all, and they'd be the main critics.

You could even link it to what's known about the motivations and personalities of the chem-celebs.

Greg, I agree. As soon as you take the believers out of the equation and think about cutting off their supply of new recruits instead, satire is a powerful weapon. Once a person sees something like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAYVY2eLMck

They can't unsee it. The funnier and more spot-on, the better.

Mick, an 'out' is a good term for it. I see it that this theory will become a footnote in the greater geo-engineering debate eventually, and the believers will claim this a victory 'til the end of their days. Conflation with the real debate is the death knell of their control of a pet theory in that sense, but the danger is they go on to wield considerable influence in a genuine debate because of the following they'll garner by having a head start.

A very large, visible gravestone to discredit them in the future is what I have in mind, as well as a rap follow up to the above here.

I've thought about using the "Crazy Talk" software to do a satire/parody of the leadership speaking among themselves about tactics, etc. A little like this:

I just released the first version of this track at my bands Soundcloud -

Please like, share and post it to the social media if you like it.

And Mick, am I able to edit my first post to incorporate a link to this tune?

Nothing like preaching to the converted.I've received neither challenge nor notification of the post,and using the soundcloud player just serves to boost my play counter.Well spotted Jay,cheers.

You made this HappyMonday? Great work. It covers the important facts and sounds good at the same time :cool:

I received my complimentary copy of Das Chemtrailhandbuch this morning

...which features a chapter that translates the lyrics of my Chemtrails Debunked rap into German.

I don't speak or read German, but it's an honour to be included.

Buy a copy of the book even if you can't read it I say, and support the German debunkers.

Thanks for your support, hope you enjoy it to have this book.

There is the ability to download a reading-test for free, including the starting Pages from selected chapters. The whole Book has 376 pages.

http://www.verlagsauslieferung.org/saubererhimmel/CTHB_Leseprobe.pdf
(PDF, 1,2 MB)

The Publisher is a small publishing-house that have taken some financial risc - so any support by advertising this book is welcome :eek:

Times like this I really wish I had taken the German language course at school rather than the Latin (boy was I behind the times). I will get a copy though.

Back