Debunked: Jane Seymour advocates red lights for gun free homes (Satire site)

deirdre

Senior Member.
another FB meme doozy making the rounds. I just checked out Ms. Seymours FB page and the comments are horrible.

13435577_761194674023239_765857000290323855_n.jpg

from the website "immediate safety"

A new trend is sweeping the nation. It’s called “red lighting”. Activists are changing their normal white porch light bulbs with special red bulbs letting the world know This is a gun free home.

According to Jane Seymore who is the director of operations for the Department of Protecting Everyone (DOPE) we will soon see millions of homes adorned with red bulbs.
Content from External Source

Snopes indicates there is " no overt acknowledgement that the site is intended as satire", but that's not true.

They are a satire site as indicated quite eloquently in their FAQ
faq.JPG

I dunno about the US, but over here a red light outside a property has a whole different meaning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-light_district
youre showing your age. now it means

Red-Lighting
The act of hallucinating without the use of psychoactive drugs, such as LSD or acid. This requires one ping pong ball, a radio with headphone jack, and a red lightbulb. To hallucinate, cut the ping pong ball in half and tape halves over eyes. Then turn the radio to a white noise (static) station and put on headphones. Finally, stare into red lightbulb and wait for about half an hour. Soon, you will start to hallucinate.
Greg: Where were you man? We we're gonna watch the game!

Ben: I was at home, red-lighting. I rode a unicorn underwater.

Greg: That explains why you didn't text back.
rl.JPG

Try it for me and let me know if it works :)

youre showing your age. now it means

Red-Lighting
The act of hallucinating without the use of psychoactive drugs, such as LSD or acid. This requires one ping pong ball, a radio with headphone jack, and a red lightbulb. To hallucinate, cut the ping pong ball in half and tape halves over eyes. Then turn the radio to a white noise (static) station and put on headphones. Finally, stare into red lightbulb and wait for about half an hour. Soon, you will start to hallucinate.
Greg: Where were you man? We we're gonna watch the game!

Ben: I was at home, red-lighting. I rode a unicorn underwater.

Greg: That explains why you didn't text back.
rl.JPG

Try it for me and let me know if it works :)
Ahh, there's a name for that! Had no idea, just knew a few kids in HS that were always planning to do this and never did because drugs were easier. I think it's just hypnagogic imagery--we see this stuff before we fall asleep every night and don't remember it. The lucky ones of us that is. Some people are aware during it and can't move.
I've always known the term "red light" as the sleazy part of town. Guess my age isn't showing... Or maybe my celtiic ancestry is?

Ahh, there's a name for that! Had no idea, just knew a few kids in HS that were always planning to do this and never did because drugs were easier. I think it's just hypnagogic imagery--we see this stuff before we fall asleep every night and don't remember it. The lucky ones of us that is. Some people are aware during it and can't move.
I've always known the term "red light" as the sleazy part of town. Guess my age isn't showing... Or maybe my celtiic ancestry is?
I've had similar experiences at certain live concerts, mainly the freak bands like Hawkwind, Gong, Here and Now, Steve Hillage, Ozric Tentacles etc Where the stage lights and the repetitive riffs dripped in 'head f**k' melodies and vocals just trip you right out, even when stone cold sober. Thats why they called it acid rock, cos under certain conditions you get the same effect as if you've dropped a tab.

Back