Debunked: Charles Manson Parole [Satire]

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.

Home » Headlines » Charles Manson Granted Parole
Charles Manson Granted Parole
Posted on June 4, 2014 by Aaron Smith in Headlines, World

Corcoran, California –
One of the most famous killers in the American prison system will be walking free. On Tuesday Charles Manson, who is now 79 years old, was granted parole by the California Board of Parole and authorized by California Governor Jerry Brown.

Content from External Source
http://empirenews.net/charles-manson-granted-parole/

Yet another satirical "news" site is being used to circulate the Hoax that Charles Manson, head of the Manson family and convicted of seven counts of first degree murder in 1969, is to be paroled.

From what I can find Empire News posted this on their satire site back on the 4th of June 2014 and its taken to FB and spread like wild fire via regular users and groups like Police Blotter which a number of Law Enforcement types and wannabes follow. See Below:

<name redacted for privacy> via Police Blotter
3 hrs ·
this is pretty sick.....

Charles Manson Granted Parole
Corcoran, California -- One of the most famous killers in the American prison system will be walking free. On Tuesday Charles Manson, who is now 79 years old, was granted parole by the California ...
EMPIRENEWS.NET

Content from External Source
The good news is, people are already over this and doing their research (for a change) and its being declared a Hoax left right and center, but its yet another example of headlines grabbing attention for the sake of publicity and the fact that the source is satirical being in fine print...or in this case its own disclaimer page, which doesnt jump out at the reader. With that said the site is a tad on the bland side for a news site, so that should be a clue.

While Snopes has already debunked this, I went and did a little digging and the most recent parole hearing I could come up with is back in 2012:

From ABC News and Good Morning America

His next parole hearing wont be for another 15 years (which just about every news source has cited but I cant find any court documents to support it), and given his track record I seriously doubt he wants to be released.. Manson's smart enough to know how to get out on parole, but he continues to say things and conduct himself in a manner which precludes any chance of him being a free man ever again.

Back