Claim: Oakville, WA sprayed with toxins 1994

Sugar

During the summer of 1994, U.S. military aircraft began dropping a gel substance on the tiny town of Oakville near the Pacific coast. Everybody in town came down with flu and pneumonia-like symptoms. Some people were hospitalized and remained ill for months. Pets and barnyard animals died. The police chief was patrolling the town one morning at 3 a.m. when a deluge of sticky stuff coated the windshield of his patrol car. He cleaned the goo with rubber gloves but just breathing it made him deathly ill. By afternoon he had major trouble breathing.

The gel material was tested by a number of government and private labs which found human blood cells and nasty bacteria, including a modified version of pseudonomas fluorescens, cited in over 160 military papers as an experimental biowarfare bacteria. Unsolved Mysteries aired the story on national television in May, 1997. Several Oakville citizens reported bizarre encounters with FEMA officials and intelligence personnel from Fort Hood Texas -- home of the Black Hawk unit. These spooks made repeated visits to Oakville, probing people about their health and reportedly intimidating those who had been interviewed on television.

just a few of the interviews. Many of mt friends in Oakville also got violently ill, including one of my best friend's wife and 2 kids who were hospitalized for nearly 3 weeks....another hoax?

If all this is as you assert,why do you believe it is related to the chemtrails conspiracy?

I assume you do from the choice of forum.

everybody in the town had flu like symptoms??

Firstly the "blobs" did not actually fall in the town at all - the fell (or were noticed) on a farm near the town.

And ONE person (perhaps 2) became ill - and a kitten on the farm died a few days later, which may or may not be related.

The idea that they fell on windscreens, lots of people got ill, and some other aspects of your story appear to be sensationalist additions for "Unsolved Mysteries" - faithfully replicated by "Unsolved Mysteries Wiki"

The nature of the blobs as "formerly alive" was known soon after the incident - not a year later, and no aircraft were mentioned anywhere near the place - although some theories involved the substance being the dreaded "blue ice" for aircraft lavatories - which it certainly was not.

It is not even a clever beatup of a minor mystery!

Hmm, I read about this case a while back, but never recalled any citing of this gel-like substance coming from an aircraft except for theories. Despite all this, I would be interested in learning where these gel-like substances came from.

In my opinion, this case is very unlike our current conception of the chemtrail theory, which in my opinion, seems to misunderstand the the science of condensation trails a lot--the same science that in almost every aviation textbook I've read.

Nonetheless, this "gel material" is tested to be composed of some strange living substance, and does puzzle me as to why. If the U.S. military did drop this stuff, it seems a rather blunt move. Not out of the question, but really, seems somewhat implausible because it is so crude. I don't really know what to say about this "modified version" of pseudonomas fluorescens, but human blood cells? :confused:

Personally, I thought it did come from some aircraft lavatory. Stuff coming from the lavatory doesn't always have to be blue, especially if whoever serviced the lavatory neglected to add deodorizer. I used to service lavatories on the odd day when I was working on the ground at my local airport. We normally fill the lavatories with a mixture of water and deodorizer (which is a blue powder which mixes with the water), but sometimes (due to poor logistics and management!) we run out of deodorizer and all we can fill the plane with is water!

But regardless of who got sick, or what I think, we can't quite connect the dots just yet without knowing how the substance came to be. Even if some of the substances does resemble some biowarefare bacteria, it seems speculation at best. Need more info!

I'd like to see the documentation of tests finding "modified" Pseudonomas fluorescens and human blood in the samples, as well as any of the "over 160 military papers" citing it as "an experimental biowarfare bacteri[um]". Was the same bacterium isolated from symptomatic patients?

These claims raise my eyebrows for a few reasons. First, P. fluorescens is a rather poor pathogen - it's extremely common in the environment, and it is only occasionally seen causing disease in those with compromised immune systems. Not really a great choice for germ warfare. Second, it's not at all a trivial matter to determine that a bacterium has been "modified" - who did the necessary genetic sequencing work that showed this? Third, um, human blood? Did they send it to Cliff Carnicom or something?

Mike, pretty much, debunked it in his post above. For further reading in the Wikipedia entry for the town, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakville,_Washington, in the references, is an article by Tom Paulson of The Post and Courier.

A quick run down:

The blobs were reported to be half the size of a grain of rice.

The incident was isolated it one farm and occurred twice, nine days apart, both after rain.

The woman who sought medical attention was diagnosed with an inner ear problem, which caused her dizziness and nausea.

A lab tech at the same hospital is the one that claimed to find white cells in the substance.

This sounds as though superabsorbent polymers from agriculture blown on the wind is a likely candidate.

If all this is as you assert,why do you believe it is related to the chemtrails conspiracy?

I assume you do from the choice of forum.

It is not conspiracy...it is a legal military undertaking allowing for "simulated"...not actual biological warfare agents through executive order. This was being done to check disease vectors for first responders. No way to do that unless the simulated bio agents make one sick enough to report to a hospital or clinic, who then reports specific "flu-like" symptoms to the CDC to compile first responder models.

The current issue with the X'es and the grids are from HARRP who proudly boasts of their weather modification experiments. No conspiracy...just the DoD doing its thing with some unintended consequences, like the 200-300% increase in aluminum in the ground water, the plants, and especially rainwater...seemed important enough for our friends at Monsanto to engineer "aluminum resistant" GMO's.

I chose this forum just to gain some reasonable perspective, yet that is not what happens...it is somehow on people who do not blindly agree are somehow supposed to track down and interview, take samples, have them independently tested, re-tested and under those circumstances...everything would be "de-bunked."

it is an impossible task.

It is not conspiracy...it is a legal military undertaking allowing for "simulated"...not actual biological warfare agents through executive order. This was being done to check disease vectors for first responders. No way to do that unless the simulated bio agents make one sick enough to report to a hospital or clinic, who then reports specific "flu-like" symptoms to the CDC to compile first responder models.
Evidence for this claim?

Sugar said:
The current issue with the X'es and the grids are from HARRP who proudly boasts of their weather modification experiments.
Where does the HAARP program boast this? On their website they explicitly state that the HAARP array cannot affect the weather.
Sugar said:
No conspiracy...just the DoD doing its thing with some unintended consequences, like the 200-300% increase in aluminum in the ground water, the plants, and especially rainwater
Do you have any evidence for such an increase?
Sugar said:
...seemed important enough for our friends at Monsanto to engineer "aluminum resistant" GMO's.
The issue with aluminum toxicity is not due to increased aluminum, but rather low soil pH. See: Debunked: Monsando's Aluminum-Resistant GMOs and Chemtrails

Sugar said:
I chose this forum just to gain some reasonable perspective, yet that is not what happens...it is somehow on people who do not blindly agree are somehow supposed to track down and interview, take samples, have them independently tested, re-tested and under those circumstances...everything would be "de-bunked."
Evidence is important. Claims that lack verifiable evidence are indeed "bunk".
Sugar said:
it is an impossible task.
Sure, if your claims lack evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
In November, 1999, 550 residents of the small town of Espanola, Ontario presented a petition to the Canadian government demanding an explanation and an end to aerial spraying by USAF tankers they claimed was making children and adults sick over a 55 square mile area. The Air Force denied flying tankers over Espanola. The Canadian defense ministry has yet to respond to the citizens' complaint(14 years later) look up the personal descriptions of the red spay and the illnesses.

In November, 1999, 550 residents of the small town of Espanola, Ontario presented a petition to the Canadian government demanding an explanation and an end to aerial spraying by USAF tankers they claimed was making children and adults sick over a 55 square mile area. The Air Force denied flying tankers over Espanola. The Canadian defense ministry has yet to respond to the citizens' complaint(14 years later) look up the personal descriptions of the red spay and the illnesses.

But they did respond, as you say right there - they said no tankers flew over Espanola. Also:

The Ministry of Defence eventually replied, denying their involvement in any spraying program over Espanola and added somewhat ambiguously "In addition, the Canadian Forces have confirmed that they are not aware of any visiting foreign military aircraft having requested diplomatic clearance to conduct aerial spraying or to drop chaff in the vicinity of Espanola."
Content from External Source
What more response is needed, if there's no actual spraying?

No conspiracy...just the DoD doing its thing with some unintended consequences, like the 200-300% increase in aluminum in the ground water, the plants, and especially rainwater...seemed important enough for our friends at Monsanto to engineer "aluminum resistant" GMO's.

This was debunked in another discussion: https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-monsantos-aluminum-resistant-gmos-and-chemtrails.t341/

Soil is about 7% aluminum naturally. Are you saying that percentage is now up 21%??

At the time of the Espanola panic, William Thomas the original author of early articles promoting the chemtrails hoax wrote at Rense.com:

Microscopic quartz particles predominated in the Ontario chemtrail analysis
Content from External Source
So, if these lab tests actually exist (they weren't published AFAIK) they showed the two most common elements in earth's crust, silicon and oxygen (quartz makes up common sand).

6016151621_a0dde613de_z.jpg

Why In The World Would They Think This Was Spraying?

Back