Babyn Yar attack allegations

Agent K

Article:

Babi Yar memorial said to be undamaged by Russian missile strike​

Ron Ben-Yishai Published: 03.02.22, 15:56

On Tuesday, it was reported that Russian forces shelled an area in Kyiv next to Babi Yar - the site of a World War Two massacre of tens of thousands of Jews by German occupation troops and Ukrainian auxiliaries. The Ukrainian government on Tuesday reported the site and the surrounding Jewish graves were damaged. The attack prompted outcry from many world leaders and organizations, including from Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Ynet's reporter in Kyiv, however, said after visiting the site the memorial was not harmed and no bomb, missile or artillery shell hit the site itself.
The damage was caused to nearby Kyiv's communications and television tower complex, some 300 meters (400 feet [sic]) away from the new memorial and a kilometer (3,000 feet) from the old one.

It seems the reporting that the Babi Yar memorial itself was hit was part of the Ukrainian misinformation campaigned, aimed at destabilizing the enemy.
Therefore, it appears the only reliable sources of information regarding the fighting are the American intelligence agencies and those of the U.K., which are not only able to receive reliable information on events on the ground but are also able to evaluate it correctly.
Edit: I assume 300 meters is the correct distance, not 400 feet.

Last edited:
Article:

Babi Yar memorial said to be undamaged by Russian missile strike​

Ron Ben-Yishai Published: 03.02.22, 15:56

On Tuesday, it was reported that Russian forces shelled an area in Kyiv next to Babi Yar - the site of a World War Two massacre of tens of thousands of Jews by German occupation troops and Ukrainian auxiliaries. The Ukrainian government on Tuesday reported the site and the surrounding Jewish graves were damaged. The attack prompted outcry from many world leaders and organizations, including from Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Ynet's reproter in Kyiv, however, said after visiting the site the memorial was not harmed and no bomb, missile or artillery shell hit the site itself.
The damage was caused to nearby Kyiv's communications and television tower complex, some 300 meters (400 feet) away from the new memorial and a kilometer (3,000 feet) from the old one.

It seems the reporting that the Babi Yar memorial itself was hit was part of the Ukrainian misinformation campaigned, aimed at destabilizing the enemy.
Therefore, it appears the only reliable sources of information regarding the fighting are the American intelligence agencies and those of the U.K., which are not only able to receive reliable information on events on the ground but are also able to evaluate it correctly.

Article:
Ron Ben-Yishai (Hebrew: רון בן-ישי; born October 26, 1943) is an Israeli journalist. A veteran war correspondent, Ben-Yishai has covered many military conflicts in several different regions. In 2018, he won the Israel Prize, Israel's most prestigious civic honor.

Article:
yesterday, the ukrainian government published misinformation and misleading information about damage to the site, including the monuments and the jewish burial area. all this, i saw with my own eyes after a comprehensive walk tour of the place, does not match reality.
1646325953042.png
1646326001595.png

I wonder if "Ukrainian misinformation campaign" is really accurate? Certainly some government officials said missiles had exploded in the vicinity of the memorial; that the adjacent TV tower was targeted; and that five people were killed.

There is the possibility that "vicinity of Babyn Yar" and "Babyn Yar memorial" are being confused.

This is the most explicit tweet I've seen saying the actual memorial was hit:

Source: https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1498685070940545025

I wonder if "Ukrainian misinformation campaign" is really accurate? Certainly some government officials said missiles had exploded in the vicinity of the memorial; that the adjacent TV tower was targeted; and that five people were killed.

There is the possibility that "vicinity of Babyn Yar" and "Babyn Yar memorial" are being confused.

This is the most explicit tweet I've seen saying the actual memorial was hit:

Source: https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1498685070940545025

Zelensky tweeted: "To the world: what is the point of saying «never again» for 80 years, if the world stays silent when a bomb drops on the same site of Babyn Yar? At least 5 killed. History repeating…"

Source: https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1498697538085568514

Zelensky's Chief of Staff, Andriy Yermak, tweeted: "Just now, a powerful barrage is underway. A missile hit the place where Babyn Yar memorial complex is located! Once again, these barbarians are murdering the victims of Holocaust!"

Source: https://twitter.com/AndriyYermak/status/1498683936574222344

Last edited:
Zelensky tweeted: "To the world: what is the point of saying «never again» for 80 years, if the world stays silent when a bomb drops on the same site of Babyn Yar? At least 5 killed. History repeating…"

Yep, I read that. And "same site" isn't too far off.

Zelensky's Chief of Staff, Andriy Yermak, tweeted: "Just now, a powerful barrage is underway. A missile hit the place where Babyn Yar memorial complex is located!"

Same with "place where the memorial complex is":

1646345750315.png

Red line "memorial complex" (may be bigger), green cross TV tower.

Seems more like "uncertainty in a confusing situation" rather than "governmental misinformation campaign".

Last edited:
Back