Adam Kokesh and His Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AluminumTheory

Senior Member.
Perhaps this should go in the Debunked Persons forum, but this isn't so much about Adam Kokesh, but about his ill conceived gun rally that was to be held in Washington D.C. on July 4th. He later called the whole thing off which was probably a good move on his part.....

He did however record and upload this video in Washington D.C.

He is essentially confessing to a crime assuming that the video not doctored and the weapon is real.

http://www.infowars.com/adam-kokesh-raided-by-storm-trooper-cops/

Adam Kokesh Raided By “Storm Trooper” Cops Days after Adam Kokesh staged an open carry protest by loading a shotgun in Washington DC, “storm trooper” police raided the former Marine’s home last night, smashing in his door and deploying a flash bang grenade before arresting Kokesh. According to a press release issued by Kokesh’s Adam vs the Man media team, “Numerous police vehicles, including a light armored vehicle and two low-flying helicopters barricaded Adam’s street. More than 20 armored SWAT team members surrounded the house, as well as a number of detectives, and plainclothes officers. Assault rifles were aimed on all members of the team as they were handcuffed without being told why they were detained. Masked and armored police in full “Storm Trooper” gear flooded in and ransacked the residence. The team was cordoned in a front room, while Adam was pulled aside for questioning.” Roads around Kokesh’s home, which also contains his broadcast studio, were blocked off and other residents were told to stay indoors. The raid was conducted by Herndon police as well as US Parks Police, an arm of Homeland Security. Kokesh’s team alleges that police also assaulted Kokesh by kicking him to the floor when he politely asked to use the bathroom. Throughout the ordeal “police repeatedly showed a volatile desire to initiate aggressive, forceful conduct with detainees,” according to the press release. Cops searched every corner of the residence while confiscating cellphones and personal items “with force”. A safe inside the residence was also forced open and the contents seized. At around midnight, over four hours after the raid began, police left the premises and Kokesh was taken to Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. “The ADAM VS THE MAN Team will be continuing production on the podcast and the Youtube channel as long as Adam remains imprisoned for an act of civil disobedience. We will continue to spread the message of liberty, self ownership, and the non-aggression principle regardless of the government’s relentless attacks on our operation. We will continue to combat its desperate attempts to crush a worldwide, revolutionary shift in the people’s understanding of the state’s illegitimacy—after all, good ideas don’t require force,” states the press release.
Content from External Source
Adam Kokesh used to have his show on RT a few years ago, and I used to watch it from time to time. Shortly after his show was cancelled and he went independent on YouTube, I began to notice him going toward the 'deep end' which is around the time I quite watching. I recall an instance when he was arrested for acting like a jack-ass at the Jefferson Memorial. There was also a video that I saw of him harassing an on duty U.S. Army soldier. It's just a series of rebel-rousing stunts to get attention.

IMO, he seems to be more of an anarchist than a Libertarian (he line between the two does seem blurry at times). And perhaps what I'm about to say is too harsh, but I think that he is the right's equivalent to the Occupy Crowd who seem to think that rebel-rousing is an effective means of change.

All that being said, I would agree that the police response does seem extreme, but given what is legal in the U.S. and the fact that he most certainly portrays himself as being an 'unhinged' individual to say the least. The proposed gun rally on DC, and this latest stunt would be yet another example of the 'prepare for battle' motif that seems to be escalating with the conspiracy crowd.

Considering he didnt harm anybody it was only the government that have harmed anybody in the case of Adam VS the State. No man should be deprived of his liberty uinless he has actually caused physical harm, made directs threats, or stolen something physical.

I liked the idea of the armed march. If it wasnt for the American revolution the American population would be essentially slaves and even though it happened, albeit comprimised, the country is still very enslaved via fiat currency.

Last edited:
We all are in some way or another. I think Adam is mostly sincere though. It is simple logic that we would all be better off if we did not have to pay taxes etc. It is just whether a person thinks he is confident in his abality to prosper in a free-maket VS what he is recieving from the current system. In my opnion.

We all are in some way or another. I think Adam is mostly sincere though. It is simple logic that we would all be better off if we did not have to pay taxes etc. It is just whether a person thinks he is confident in his abality to prosper in a free-maket VS what he is recieving from the current system. In my opnion.
when I saw his video in the Jefferson Memorial where he was dancing he lost me at that point . Working for RT strike two , Im not sure about this

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone else already asked where funding for our roads, schools, etc, would come from. I'm going to make a guess that if you took away all taxes it wouldn't make that much difference in the finances of many on the extreme right including those who label themselves "libertarian".

And where does funding for hospitals, fire brigades, schools, roads, etc. come from?

WE NEED GUBERMENT

The free market will provide this, at better prices and better quality. Competition helps the consumers, while government monopolies forces individuals to give up their money for something they might not want to spend on.

I think the theory is that some enterprising capitalist will come up with a road *so good* that people will fall over themselves in order to pay to use it.

Government gathering taxes and spending them on collective projects is a way to improve the general well-being of a whole society with access to basic-level technology that improves the quality of life - I really doubt we would have what we have nowadays with private enterprise providing it all.

('Gubermunt'? Is that a propaganda term?)

WE NEED GUBERMENT

The free market will provide this, at better prices and better quality. Competition helps the consumers, while government monopolies forces individuals to give up their money for something they might not want to spend on.

Do you have evidence to support your claim? Also, when someone robs you what are you going to do?

No one would buy car insurance because it is not required. Even if you did buy insurance and someone wrecks your car the insurance company will just not pay. What are you going to do, sue? Can't, no government.

I think the theory is that some enterprising capitalist will come up with a road *so good* that people will fall over themselves in order to pay to use it.

Government gathering taxes and spending them on collective projects is a way to improve the general well-being of a whole society with access to basic-level technology that improves the quality of life - I really doubt we would have what we have nowadays with private enterprise providing it all.

Oh, I don't see any state corporations developing any new smartphones, bringing the prices down and getting us better phones. I don't see any governments making new cars, phones, new computers, iPads etc. How will technology evolve if the government provides it.

If people wants to travel, they need roads. Somebody has to build these roads. There is money to be made, and roads to be gained. Nothing is free today, we still pay for the roads etc, just that the free market can provide better goods.

Sorry, but I never feel that any governments are really doing anything better than the market, or providing better goods.

Oh, I don't see any state corporations developing any new smartphones, bringing the prices down and getting us better phones. I don't see any governments making new cars, phones, new computers, iPads etc. How will technology evolve if the government provides it.

If people wants to travel, they need roads. Somebody has to build these roads. There is money to be made, and roads to be gained. Nothing is free today, we still pay for the roads etc, just that the free market can provide better goods.

Sorry, but I never feel that any governments are really doing anything better than the market, or providing better goods.

Yes but government provides and enforces laws concerning intellectual property the absence of which would limit development of new technology.

Last edited:
Nobody is suggesting that governments produce goods. But there are essential services that governments do provide, and those include legislation. We've all seen what happens when you allow the big banks to do what they like - they kill the economy. That couldn't have happened if the Glass-Steagal Act hadn't been repealed. If you allow private enterprise to control health and education you'll end up with only those who can afford it getting those services.

Car insurance is required by law.
Oh, alright. Without government forcing us to buy car insurance at gun point, we would never car about our own property. I don't get how you reason. Government does not add any resources, it only steal peoples money at gun point, and then spend it on things that the politicians think we need. Aren't you able to live without someone bossing over you?

Nobody is suggesting that governments produce goods. But there are essential services that governments do provide, and those include legislation. We've all seen what happens when you allow the big banks to do what they like - they kill the economy. That couldn't have happened if the Glass-Steagal Act hadn't been repealed. If you allow private enterprise to control health and education you'll end up with only those who can afford it getting those services.
Yep, because people will not help eachother without government. http://www.nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics

Here in Sweden 70% of all sea rescue operations are carried out by a voluntary organisaton that is financed by donations. Why? Because people need these kind of services, some people want to be able to call for help if things at sea go wrong. Read about it here: http://www.sjoraddning.se/ine-english/ I think it's one of the finest examples when it comes to people that get together to help each other, without anyone pointing guns.

Oh, alright. Without government forcing us to buy car insurance at gun point, we would never car about our own property. I don't get how you reason. Government does not add any resources, it only steal peoples money at gun point, and then spend it on things that the politicians think we need. Aren't you able to live without someone bossing over you?

Who is going to make the car insurance company pay you when you have an accident? Who is going to maintain and pay for the road to Portales, NM? There is not that many people there and it is only important to people have relatives or ship goods there.

Yep, because people will not help eachother without government. http://www.nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics

Here in Sweden 70% of all sea rescue operations are carried out by a voluntary organisaton that is financed by donations. Why? Because people need these kind of services, some people want to be able to call for help if things at sea go wrong. Read about it here: http://www.sjoraddning.se/ine-english/ I think it's one of the finest examples when it comes to people that get together to help each other, without anyone pointing guns.

Wonderful to hear. Absolutely nothing to do with market regulation, which was my point.

Who is going to make the car insurance company pay you when you have an accident? Who is going to maintain and pay for the road to Portales, NM? There is not that many people there and it is only important to people have relatives or ship goods there.

Wtf? Why wouldn't the insurance company pay you when you get in an accident? Do you really think companies will get any customers if they just f*** them over, and just taking their money? No one would buy that service lol.

But now to the complicated question and mystery of our lifetime: Who would build the roads? Answer: People that need the roads, will pay people that pave the roads. The same people that make the flat stone things called roads today.

Wtf? Why wouldn't the insurance company pay you when you get in an accident? Do you really think companies will get any customers if they just f*** them over, and just taking their money? No one would buy that service lol.

Happens all the time. https://www.google.com/#q=insurance+company+refuses+to+pay+auto+claim
But in your world there is no recourse.

But now to the complicated question and mistery of our lifetime: Who would build the roads? Answer: People that need the roads, will pay people that pave the roads. The same people that make the flat stone things called roads today.

No need for snark. The politeness policy which is linked above prevents it. The point is roads to small rural areas would not be built because they are not cost efficient.

Happens all the time. https://www.google.com/#q=insurance company refuses to pay auto claim
But in your world there is no recourse.

If you are forced to buy insurance, the insurance companies have a guaranteed income in a way. Without any government forcing you and helping corporations to become greedy through regulation, they are forced to provide good service if they want to survive in the competition.

We have different opinions, but I think the basic principles of supply and demand is natural to us human beings.

THe roads thing is very interesting. There are a lot of communities near the ocean where I live, the roads are not dedicated to the towns, the people take care of the bit of road in front of their house. That's why as you're driving through there, in front of one house the road is paved, one paved 30 years ago and rutted, one dirt. . . . it's quite interesting going thru these neighborhoods. THere are also private communities where the homeowners pay dues each year to maintain the roads and clear the snow. There are always a few families that don't pay, and there's really no recourse to "make" them pay, and you can't just NOT PLOW in front of their house. It's just a stupid idea. That said, all of the communities on Long Island have volunteer firemen, and that system works pretty well. The firemen do get some "perks", like reduced taxes, free parking at the beaches, that kind of thing.

If you are forced to buy insurance, the insurance companies have a guaranteed income in a way. Without any government forcing you and helping corporations to become greedy through regulation, they are forced to provide good service if they want to survive in the competition.

We have different opinions, but I think the basic principles of supply and demand is natural to us human beings.

yes, and when you have an accident with someone who has no insurance....

THe roads thing is very interesting. There are a lot of communities near the ocean where I live, the roads are not dedicated to the towns, the people take care of the bit of road in front of their house. That's why as you're driving through there, in front of one house the road is paved, one paved 30 years ago and rutted, one dirt. . . . it's quite interesting going thru these neighborhoods. THere are also private communities where the homeowners pay dues each year to maintain the roads and clear the snow. There are always a few families that don't pay, and there's really no recourse to "make" them pay, and you can't just NOT PLOW in front of their house. It's just a stupid idea. That said, all of the communities on Long Island have volunteer firemen, and that system works pretty well. The firemen do get some "perks", like reduced taxes, free parking at the beaches, that kind of thing.

And grants from the US government for equipment http://www.fema.gov/welcome-assistance-firefighters-grant-program

Also I'm not about to pay to drive a road. Governments DO provide necessary services, or would you like to PAY policemen and forensic scientists to do their job. Or would you like to pay tolls on roads to get your pregnant wife to the hospital? And sorry but government DO make technology. Ever hear of the internet? Or NASA? Or the military? Governments also tend to be able to do things corporations can't or won't, like build FUCKING roads. Will those same benevolent companies do upkeep on those roads? Past examples show that when corporations get a hold a public commodity like water or roads, fees go up and services decline.
Sorry but Ayn Rand was a moron, her ideas are abject failures, and she got what was coming to her. Did you know she denied the link between smoking and lung cancer, and then DIED of lung cancer?

Wait, I thought you were forced to buy insurance atm? Why would people not spend money on insurance even if they aren't at gunpoint?

I didn't say that. And while insurance is required, I'm sure you're aware there are people who drive without licenses, why would they have insurance. Is the licensing department also on the libertarian "cut" list? You are aware that if you hire a plumber, you can look up on the department of state website to make sure they're licensed?

Also if you don't like having car insurance, don't drive! It's a privilege not a right. And have fun replacing your car in a wreck or getting sued if you hit someone. How does losing everything and having your wages garnished for the rest of your life sound. And the government won't use a gun; they will just put you in jail. If you resist and break the social compact of living in a civil society, then they may up their aggression, but they will only pull guns if you do.
Again Ayn Rand is a joke. She screams about individuality and the self, and then demanded her followers unflinchingly follow her every whim. Epic fail.

Car insurance is required by law.
It wasnt when I first started driving in S Cal . I think Jerry brown passed that law in 1976 ? They said with a larger pool rates would decrease , They doubled soon after that . People who didnt have insurance then are usally underinsured or have none even today , So their was no benefit making it mandatory just like our health Insurance . In florida its only mandatory that you have 10,000 worth of PIP personal injury protection . So if I hit By someone with just PIP I get nothing for my car repairs or medical . What does all this have to do with Adam Kokesh ?

Also I'm not about to pay to drive a road. Governments DO provide necessary services, or would you like to PAY policemen and forensic scientists to do their job. Or would you like to pay tolls on roads to get your pregnant wife to the hospital? And sorry but government DO make technology. Ever hear of the internet? Or NASA? Or the military? Governments also tend to be able to do things corporations can't or won't, like build FUCKING roads. Will those same benevolent companies do upkeep on those roads? Past examples show that when corporations get a hold a public commodity like water or roads, fees go up and services decline.
Sorry but Ayn Rand was a moron, her ideas are abject failures, and she got what was coming to her. Did you know she denied the link between smoking and lung cancer, and then DIED of lung cancer?
Really died of lung cancer ?
Rand died of heart failure on March 6, 1982, at her home in New York Cit
Content from External Source

WE NEED GUBERMENT

Yes. Let the free market manage all utilities and infrastructure delivering potable water to the people and/or industry. They'd love it, and surely it'd work out just fine. :(

None the less, I very much enjoyed the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back