2020 Nashville Christmas RV Bombing

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
2020-12-26_15-49-17.jpg

Article:
On December 25, 2020, a recreational vehicle (RV) exploded in downtown Nashville, Tennessee, United States, injuring three people and damaging dozens of buildings. Remains identified as human were also found at the explosion site.[2][3] The explosion, which was deemed to be deliberate, took place at 166 Second Avenue North between Church Street and Commerce Street at 6:30 am. Witnesses reported hearing gunshots, and loudspeakers on the vehicle warning people to evacuate before the detonation.[2][4][5] The explosion was felt miles away from the blast site. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is leading the investigation.[6] Authorities said the attack was likely a suicide bombing.[1]

To me this looks initially like a suicide with some sort of grudge. There are only three currently known injured , and a report of "possible human remains" which would presumably be someone inside the RV. The location and the warning did not seem to be intended to maximize casualties. It reminds me of the Manchester (UK) truck bombing in 1996, very close to where I used to work (I moved to the US in 1993). That resulted in huge costs, disruption, and the rebuilding of a large section of the city center, but only one death due to warnings and evacuations.

Various people will fold this into their conspiracy world views, at least until more information comes out. Opinions seem split between it being a "false flag" to blame "patriots", and being an attack by antifa, or perhaps both. Not that much discussion of Islamic terrorists, perhaps because of the low number of casualties and because it was described as "an intentional act" and not "terrorism".

Article:
My Q dad officially ruined Christmas
I was kind of worried this would happen. We had an argument 2 days ago where I told him No, White Men Are Not Oppressed and he’s been stoic to me ever since. This morning there was a bombing in Nashville and he went off, saying that he knew this would happen because his friends told him ‘antifa’ was moving in this direction (he’s right on the edge of being involved in Q where he’s not actively involved because he doesn’t use social media but all his friends are). I told him to stop because it was Christmas and we got into an argument that ended in him literally saying I was attacking him because he was a white man.

Source: https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1342522105905221632

Source: https://twitter.com/freedomrider364/status/1342545697141350400

Source: https://twitter.com/Truth20204/status/1342498166340509702

Source: https://twitter.com/PatriotPirate74/status/1342528017873203200

Source: https://twitter.com/ChadCha81369447/status/1342492148369911811

Last edited:
Because of the political and social situation there's concern about acts of domestic terrorism. Was the Nashville Explosion the first?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/25/us/nashville-explosion/index.html

There's reason to suspect that this was an act of domestic terrorism; or the accidental premature explosion of a bomb being prepared for such.

...the blast was caused by a "deliberate bomb." Three people who were injured are in stable condition. At least 41 businesses were damaged...

AT&T spokesman Jim Greer told CNN that the company's network hub in the city was damaged in the explosion and service in the Nashville area may be affected. CNN's parent company, WarnerMedia, is owned by AT&T.

The street is on the edge of the Tennessee city's hospitality and tourist district in a historic part of town.
Content from External Source
Human remains have been found. Is that evidence of a premature explosion? Or was this a suicide?

A recorded message that indicated a bomb would explode in 15 minutes was heard coming from the RV, officials said.

There were no known credible threats in the Nashville area that would have signaled an impending attack on or before Christmas...
It occurred in a high profile area, which at times is crowded. But it happened at a time when a minimum number of people would be present. And there was a warning. To me this adds up to a dramatic suicide.

Article:
Anthony Quinn Warner is a 63-year-old Tennessee man who has been named as the person of interest accused in the explosion of a parked RV in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning, according to CBS News. An RV similar to the one used in the Nashville bombing was parked at Warner’s home address in images available on Google Maps and Google Earth.

Article:
The neighbor told Heavy that Warner told her once that he “worked for himself in computers. That was a long time ago.” She also said she believed he was “self-employed in IT.” She wasn’t sure for whom.

The neighbor said Warner had no family – no wife or kids that she knew of. She said he ‘was very good to the animals he had.” She said he had little dogs, and “when they got older, he built them a ramp so they wouldn’t have to climb.”

Online records show that Anthony Warner’s name is linked to a company called Custom Alarms Electronics. But it doesn’t come up in corporate records. All Biz.com says of that company, “Custom Alarms Electronics is located in Nashville, Tennessee, and was founded in 2000. This business is working in the following industry: Electrical installation. Annual sales for Custom Alarms Electronics are around USD 70,000.00.” It lists Warner’s name as the principal and the Bakertown Road address.

Based on that I'm going with suicide and a grudge against AT&T. I'm sure that the conspiracy theories will continue.

His page on the "MyLife" site seems to have been recently edited to make it look like he's a republican and a member of "Tennessee Patriots for Trump" - a note was added.

https://www.mylife.com/tony-warner/e916412224266
Anthony Quinn Warner, registered Republican. Member Tennessee Patriots for Trump**Updated by Democrats to give the appearance of Trump supporter involvement.
A few hours earlier:
https://web.archive.org/web/20201226194411/https://www.mylife.com/tony-warner/e916412224266

Tony Warner is 63 years old and was born on 01/17/1957. Before moving to Tony's current city of Nashville, TN, Tony lived in Antioch TN. Anthony Q Warner and Anthony Quinn Warner are some of the alias or nicknames that Tony has used. We know that Tony is single at this point. Tony maintains relationships with many people -- family, friends, associates, & neighbors --

Lin Wood, an independent lawyer supporting Trump's contesting the election results, has suggested it has something to do with covering up election fraud.

He started out quite quickly,

2020-12-26_14-27-24.jpg

(source)

And escalated in detail:

2020-12-26_14-28-40.jpg

(source)

That first Tweet was at 2:52PM PST, (4:52PM CST, Nashville time), the bombing was about 10 hours earlier, at 6:30AM, CST.

Wood is eccentric, but has a large following and has appeared with Sidney Powell numerous times.

A few hours earlier:
https://web.archive.org/web/20201226194411/https://www.mylife.com/tony-warner/e916412224266

Tony Warner is 63 years old and was born on 01/17/1957. Before moving to Tony's current city of Nashville, TN, Tony lived in Antioch TN. Anthony Q Warner and Anthony Quinn Warner are some of the alias or nicknames that Tony has used. We know that Tony is single at this point. Tony maintains relationships with many people -- family, friends, associates, & neighbors --

When I visited today (12/26/2020) at 17:45 (GMT-6), Anthony Quinn Warner's mylife.com profile summary read, "SCAPEGOAT Scapegoating refers to a process by which a person or group is unfairly blamed for something that they didn't do and, as a result, the real source of the problem is either never seen or purposefully ignored. Sociologists have documented that scapegoating often occurs between groups when a society is plagued by long-term economic problems or when resources are scarce. Scapegoat theory is used in sociology and psychology as one way to intercept conflict and prejudice between individuals and groups." (I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I didn't. Now I know for next time.)

Now at 17:52 (GMT-6), it reads, "Alleged domestic terrorist"

I have never used mylife.com before, so I have no idea how unusual this is.

(I'm new to Metabunk, and I hope my post here is in line with site guidelines. If I'm not doing it right, I welcome your correction.)

"it ALL makes perfect sense" is a use of the phrase "perfect sense" I wasn't previously aware of.
Especially as Lin Wood notes that the voting machines were not connected to the internet.

He's not explaining anything. What he is actually doing is asking the conspiracy theorists to invent an explanation, and the best invention then becomes part of the lore. It's a reality game, nothing else.

Last edited:
Thanks for adding my post to this thread. I didn't realize this thread existed.

The authorities say it's a suicide bombing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/26/us/nashville-tn-explosion/index.html

Investigators looking into the Christmas morning explosion in Nashville now believe the blast was likely the result of a suicide bombing, according to two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

Officials have previously said they have recovered human remains at the scene of the bombing in downtown Nashville and an FBI official on Saturday said agents are not looking for another suspect.

Agents are also at a home in Antioch, just southeast of Nashville, to conduct "court-authorized activity," FBI spokesman Jason Pack told CNN. According to a law enforcement official, a tip about the vehicle involved in the explosion on Christmas morning led law enforcement to the Antioch home.

Suicide bombing. But typically terrorists commit a suicide bombing only if it's necessary to complete the act. In this case a terrorist could have simply walked away from the RV.

There has also been no claim of responsibility or political manifesto.

This seems like the suicide itself was the goal. The dramatic setting seems to be an effort to give the act of suicide some meaning. Or rather to give the life of this despairing person some meaning.

I think the authorities will eventually find some kind of suicide note or diary. Some political motivation may be included in the writing, but the suicide itself would still remain the real goal. I think this would hold even in the personal grudge scenario.

Last edited:
There are indication that Anthony Quinn Warner might have been a 5G conspiracy theorist. But so far this seems to be based on one line of questioning from the FBI, and there's no direct references to people confirming Warner had those tendencies.

Article:
Realtor Steve Fridrich contacted the FBI after reading Warner’s name, as for several years, a man by the name of Tony Warner had worked for him for several years doing information technology work.

Fridrich confirms that agents asked him whether or not Warner had paranoia about 5G technology.

Fridrich told the agents that Warner had never spoken to him about that.

But a source close to the federal investigation said that among several different tips and angles, agents are investigating whether or not Warner had paranoia that 5G technology was being used to spy on Americans.

is there a reason a tech guy who understands that stuff would be a 5g conspiracy theorist? is it easier to spy with 5g?

this bit is interesting
Article:
As for the RV that exploded when the bomb went off on December 25th, Fridrich said Warner only ever spoke of his fondness for camping in December.

only because i was thinking that maybe he went somewhere for Christmas. only because there seems to be cameras all over that road, why no license plate number? i mean i guess he could have taken the plate off to spare his family, but seems like a bit of a waste of time. and dangerous as any police cruiser during the night would stop to check an rv with no plate on a main road.

mostly im just a bit bummed thinking he had the dogs in there with him. although i imagine it was a relatively quick death.

Suicide bombing?
Why didn't he do it on a quiet country road?
Why did he choose THIS location?
Does this have anything to do with AT&T?
What to his family, friends, associates have to say about the guy?
Why didn't he shoot himself?
What were the warnings about?
What were the reported gun shots about?
++++
This seems to be "terrorism"....and so there was some sort of "political" intent.
Are terrorists either left wing or right wing (extremists)?

is there a reason a tech guy who understands that stuff would be a 5g conspiracy theorist? is it easier to spy with 5g?
5G is just faster internet. You'd get, maybe, better quality video, that's about it.

5G paranoia is generally more about the supposed health effects.

He might have been paranoid (or perhaps just somewhat justifiably concerned) about AT&T's complicitness in NSA spaying, or maybe Chinese spying. Hopefully we'll know more in a day or so.

This seems to be "terrorism"....and so there was some sort of "political" intent.
Something seeming to be something does not make some related thing true.

We have very little idea at this point, his intent may well have be political, but it might also have been personal, or delusional.

Something seeming to be something does not make some related thing true.

We have very little idea at this point, his intent may well have be political, but it might also have been personal, or delusional.
This was a purposeful act. He made choices. Should we presume the choices made were the message.... not his mental / personal state?

Does he or did he have a relationship with AT&T... an employer. vendor, or customer?

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.076...4!1slKqLQd_6lgAZf-vFpzgeoA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

His house (115 Bakertown Road, with the RV) is a bit different to the other houses in the area in that it:
  • Has several "No Trespassing" signs on it, front and back, and other signs on the door.
  • Has a secure locked mailbox (everyone else has traditional mailboxes, no lock)
  • Has a TV antenna (In the back, the only one I could find)
Street view images are from May 2019.

This is all circumstantial.

This is the AT&T switching exchange that was badly damaged. An anonymous and windowless building.

2020-12-27_12-20-56.jpg

The explosion was right outside it.
nashville8.jpg

It's not labeled on Google Maps, and not something you can just look up (for security reasons they are generally hidden). If you wanted to attack AT&T then a more obvious target would have been the AT&T Batman building, just on the next block.
2020-12-27_12-22-53.jpg
It could be coincidence, or maybe he thought it would be financially more damaging to them, or maybe he had some more complex motive.

Reports of Anthony Warner having an expired explosives handling license are probably not him:

Article:
Warner doesn’t come up as a registered voter in Tennessee records. People on Twitter are widely sharing an old expired explosives handler identification registration in his name; however, Tennessee state records give a different city for that Anthony Warner, and there are three people with that name in the latter city, none Anthony Quinn Warner, 63.

Last edited:
Copycat type investigation:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/202...lar-to-Nashville-blast-detained/5901609096243

Authorities in Tennessee apprehended the driver of a truck playing similar audio to that heard before a Christmas morning explosion in Nashville.

The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office announced on Facebook around 2 p.m. Sunday that the driver traveled from their county to Wilson County where he was stopped by deputies and detained, days after the blast that damaged dozens of businesses in downtown Nashville.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RCSOTN/posts/10159183648146204

Deputies detain box truck driver playing audio at store

Sheriff’s deputies in Rutherford and Wilson Counties are investigating a box truck parked at a convenience store playing audio similar to what was heard before the Christmas Day explosion in Nashville.

The driver traveled from Rutherford County into Wilson County where he was stopped by deputies and detained.

As a precaution, nearby residents were evacuated during the active investigation.

Rutherford County dispatchers received a call about 10:30 a.m. about the white box truck parked at Crossroads Market in Walter Hill. Deputies located the truck and made the traffic stop.

Rutherford and Wilson County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Highway Patrol are working together in the ongoing investigation.

Article:
Federal authorities on Sunday identified Anthony Warner as the man responsible for the Christmas Day bombing in Nashville, saying that they believe the 63-year-old acted alone and died in the explosion.

Officials said DNA from the scene was matched to Mr. Warner, who had previously been identified as a person of interest in the attack. A vehicle identification number from the RV that exploded was also matched to one registered to him.

Daily Mail exclusive

Article:

REVEALED: Nashville bomber Anthony Warner 'targeted AT&T after his father who worked for subsidiary died of dementia - fueling his conspiracy theory that 5G is killing people'​

• FBI identified Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, as the Nashville Christmas bomber
  • Source tells DailyMail.com investigators are zeroing in on a possible motive
  • Warner's father died of dementia after a career spent working for BellSouth
  • The 'Baby Bell' split off from AT&T and was acquired by the phone giant in 2006
  • Investigators believe his father's death fueled Warner's 5G conspiracy theories
  • Bomber believed he'd be 'hailed a hero' for the attack, a source said
  • 'The suspect believed 5G was the root of all deaths in the region,' the source said
  • 5G technology has been the target of various bizarre conspiracy theories

I must throw this out there: Do they know Anthony Quinn Warner was even alive when the van exploded?
Why "must" you throw this out? Why does it matter?
Sure, he could have taken poison, made the 5:30 am call in an automated fashion, and detonated the bomb at 6:30 on a timer while he was already dead or dying from poison. What does that change?

because he was "Q" and the government killed him and decided to set up the 5g conspiracy terrorist link against him, because why not? 2 birds, 1 stone.
Whether Warner was alive or not at the time of the explosion does not give any information to support or dismiss this theory; therefore this does not matter.

But this matters:
Article:
In the weeks leading up to the bombing, Warner quit his job, gave away his car, and executed a quitclaim deed transferring his Nashville duplex home to a Los Angeles woman for $0.[10][37] He had previously executed a quitclaim deed for a different Antioch house in 2019, transferring his interest in the home to the same woman.[48] Reportedly, Warner had told the woman to whom he gave his car that he had cancer, although whether he actually had cancer is not known.[49] A neighbor said that just before Christmas, Warner had said that "Nashville and the world is never going to forget me."[49] His financial transactions reportedly included purchases of bomb-making components.[50]

Whether Warner was alive or not at the time of the explosion does not give any information to support or dismiss this theory;

why would you kill yourself before the bomb went off? poison probably hurts and even shooting yourself sometimes doesnt work.. blowing up is quick, painless, and final.

why would you kill yourself before the bomb went off? poison probably hurts and even shooting yourself sometimes doesnt work.. blowing up is quick, painless, and final.
Deirdre, people poison themselves with sleeping pills precisely because it is painless.

Being ripped apart by a bomb is not painless, if survivors of bombings are to be believed; so if something went wrong with the bomb, that might be quite painful.

BUT we have NO evidence of whether Warner was dead or alive when the RV exploded. The "must throw out" that there was no evidence that he was alive does not make the opposite idea more likely!

Being dead before the explosions would certainly make people a little more suspicious of it all being a setup. It obviously does not prove anything.

However him being murdered is not a simple option. His was the only body found, so how did anyone get there to murder him.

Unless there's some evidence otherwise, a straightforward suicide is by far the simplest option. Either he blew himself up (the simplest) or he killed himself before the explosion (more complicated). Not really important which of those it is, if he acted alone..

Deirdre, people poison themselves with sleeping pills
be serious. sleeping pills?

Being ripped apart by a bomb is not painless, if survivors of bombings are to be believed; so if something went wrong with the bomb, that might be quite painful.
fair point, but that looked like a pretty big bomb in an enclosed area.

BUT we have NO evidence of whether Warner was dead

exactly. (actually pretty sure they said they had footage of him coming out of the camper a few times, but i dont know what time)

The "must throw out" that there was no evidence that he was alive does not make the opposite idea more likely!

agree.

Business as usual - Anthony Quinn Warner wasn't "on the police's radar", even after this:

Article:

Girlfriend warned Nashville police Anthony Warner was building bomb a year ago, report shows​

Natalie Allison | Nashville Tennessean

NASHVILLE — Sixteen months before Anthony Quinn Warner's RV exploded in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning, officers visited his home in Antioch after his girlfriend reported that he was making bombs in the vehicle, according to documents obtained by The Tennessean.

[...]

On Aug. 21, 2019, the girlfriend told Nashville police that Warner "was building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence," the MNPD report states. Nashville police then forwarded the information to the FBI.

Officers were called to the home of Warner's girlfriend, roughly a mile and a half from Warner, who lived at 115 Bakertown Road.

Police were called by the woman's attorney, Raymond Throckmorton III, who was concerned about comments she had made. When they arrived, they found her sitting on the porch with two unloaded guns nearby.

"She related that the guns belonged to a 'Tony Warner' and that she did not want them in the house any longer," MNPD spokesman Don Aaron said in a statement to The Tennessean.

While at the house, the woman told police about the bomb comments Warner had made.

Throckmorton, who served as the woman's attorney, told officers Warner "frequently talks about the military and bomb making," the document said.

Warner "knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb," the attorney said to the officers, according to the report.

In an interview Tuesday night, Throckmorton told The Tennessean he urged police at the time to look into the woman's claim. He said she feared for her safety, believing Warner may harm her.

According to the police report and Throckmorton, the woman was experiencing a mental health crisis at the time. Officers called their mobile crisis division, and after talking with the woman, she agreed to be transported by ambulance for a psychological evaluation, Aaron said.

Police then went to Warner's home, but he didn't answer the door after they knocked several times.

Officers saw his RV behind the house, but the vehicle was fenced off and police were unable to see inside of it, the report said. While there, police noted that there were "several security cameras and wires attached to a alarm sign on the front door."

The officers notified supervisors and detectives about the incident.

"They saw no evidence of a crime and had no authority to enter his home or fenced property," Aaron said of officers' unsuccessful attempt to make contact with Warner or look inside the RV.

The department's hazardous devices unit was given a copy of the report.

[...]

Article:
Warner wrote about 9/11 and the moon landing, saying at one point, "The moon landing and 9-11 have so many anomalies they are hard to count." Warner also wrote that aliens have been attacking Earth since September 2011, and that the media is covering up the attacks.

Warner's writings also discuss the conspiracy theory that Earth is controlled by a race of reptilian lizard people.

"They put a switch into the human brain so they could walk among us and appear human," Warner wrote.

Article:
While Warner's writings cover a variety of bizarre theories, he never mentions AT&T or anything else that appears to suggest a motive in the Nashville bombing.

Last edited:
Article:
He wrote that the media was covering up those attacks.

While NewsChannel 5 believes summarizing Warner's letters will provide a better understanding into his state of mind, WTVF has made the decision not to publish them in their entirety. We are attempting to balance shedding light on his mindset prior to the bombing with not giving him unnecessary notoriety.

Back