Upcoming UFO report will be 'difficult to explain,' former national intelligence official says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

What do you all make of this article?
John Ratcliffe a former top national intelligence official hinted that an upcoming government report on UFOs will include information that cannot easily be explained.

"There are instances where we don’t have good explanations for some of the things that we’ve seen, and when that information becomes declassified, I’ll be able to talk a little bit more about that," former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told Fox New's Maria Bartiromo on Friday.

John Ratcliffe UFO Article

Maria Bartiromo 0:00
JOHN, you have seen in your role, the most intelligence that anybody has seen other than the President, as the Director of National Intelligence. And I've been wanting to ask you this next question for a while. I want to ask you about UFOs, unidentified flying objects. The Pentagon is going to come out with a report by June 1. And in the $2.3 trillion omnibus appropriations legislation passed in January. It includes, the intelligence Authorization Act, money for the Pentagon to continue investigating UFOs. John, we're going to get this report June 1, can you tell us have unidentified flying objects been seen?

John Ratcliffe 0:45
Well, sure, we have lots of reports about what we call Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon. And this actually, is a program that's been in place for a few years in terms of a task force that that has been there under the National Defense Authorization Act. But as you correctly point out, Maria, there's now a report that will be issued by the by the Pentagon, by the Secretary of Defense and the Director of National Intelligence, I actually wanted to get this information out and declassified before I left office. But we weren't able to get it down into an unclassified format that we could talk about quickly enough. But frankly, there are a lot more sightings then have been made public. Some of those have been declassified. When we talk about sightings, we're talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery, that, frankly, engage in actions that are difficult to explain. Movements that are hard to replicate that we don't have the technology for, or traveling at speeds that you know, exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom. So in short, things that we are observing that are difficult to explain. And so, you know, there's actually quite a few of those. And I think that that information is being gathered, and will be put out in a way that the American people can see. We always, when we see these things, Maria, we always look for a plausible explanation. You know, weather can cause disturbances, visual disturbances. Sometimes we wonder whether or not our adversaries have technologies that are a little bit further down the road than we thought or that we realized. But there are instances where we don't have good explanations for some of the things that we've seen. And, you know, when that information becomes declassified, I'll be able to talk a little bit more about that.

Maria Bartiromo 2:33
Can you tell us where we're seeing?

John Ratcliffe 2:36
Right, actually, all over the world, there have been sightings all over the world. And and when we talk about sightings, the other thing I will tell you is, it's not just a pilot or just a satellite or some intelligence collection. Usually we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things. And so, you know, again, some of this are just, they're unexplained phenomenon. And there's actually quite a few more than have been made public. So I think it'll be healthy for as much of this information to get out there as possible, so that the American people can see the things that that we've been dealing with.

Maria Bartiromo 3:14
Okay, well, that was, that is pretty extraordinary. We so appreciate that, that you're talking to us about this. Can this year, get any weirder, pandemic shut down? UFOs? John Radcliffe, it's great to see you. Thank you so much.

John Ratcliffe 3:29
You bet. Thanks Maria.

Content from External Source

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look up Ratcliffe now, most of the coverage is about how he lied to the public as DNI.

Recently from Elizondo:
"And therein lies part of the challenge. I’ve been privy to witness to many extraordinary things. Unfortunately, ones that are classified I’m not going to elaborate or share. But I’ve said for the record before, we’ve had video, you know, some of these videos are 20, 25 minutes long. In other cases, these things are 50 feet away from the cockpit, very compelling.”
(Reminds me of all the sightings of objects maintaining formation off wing tips from '50s. Probably same kind of thing).
Source:
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/04/luis-elizondo-and-the-upcoming-pentagon-ufo-report/

Well, there ya go, kind of what I've been suggesting :cool:
If they don't come clean, at at least we have the archive of old articles --and those of us who have seen real UFOs, too.

Repeat after me:

1. If they know they are Chinese or Russian, why admit weakness and reveal our sensor capabilities and information infrastructure? Where does Sun Tzu write that such a thing would be desirable??
2. If they know they are ours --all it would take would be a call and the madness would be over. "Stop it" , "They are ours"; "just tell people it is a top-secret military technology we are working on".
Done.
3. If they don't even know what they are --again, why would they want to have this crazy discussion with the public? Why is Elizondo suggesting now that this is something that has been rotting in the back of the frig for a long time? He was much more tentative when he first came out, having along with Steve Justice to constantly bite his tongue). And Ratcliffe suggesting now that the objects are harassing militaries all over the world?
4. If they know what they are AND know they aren't from here, but are having pressure exerted on them by the phenomenon, then they would open a channel to the public, but release nonsense, until forced to do otherwise. The last tie this happened it was '52 and there was the press conference and folks were told that ther was no national security concern --after objects had flown over the Capitol. Tracked on radar, seen by pilots simultaneously.

Last edited:
Not sure there is much to do with this topic. Somebody made a claim with no corroborating evidence provided. As such it cannot be debunked nor confirmed, only speculated about.

Edited to remove a bit that, on reflection, seemed a bit ill-mannered.

Not sure there is much to do with this topic. Somebody made a claim with no corroborating evidence provided. As such it cannot be debunked nor confirmed, only speculated about.

Edited to remove a bit that, on reflection, seemed a bit ill-mannered.
Well there is a lot of speculation about this stuff; e.g.:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/pyramid-ufos-in-night-vision-footage-maybe-bokeh.11695/#post-247435
Everyone is second guessing what is being told to them and trying to debunk it. I am just providing an interpretation of the phenomenon in an historical context, and addressing Elizondo's and other's statements, and interpreting them as others have. Apologies if I come on a bit strong sometimes.
I'm not going to be posting for much longer --after I provide a few examples this weekend that should be it. I think I've set forth my theories and provided links to sources in those old articles. Too many posts tends to dilute one's message, methinks.
Vallee's book will be coming out, then the report --I'm hoping that will be it. It would be neat for UFO folks not to have to argue with skeptics anymore. I'm coming up on the 11th anniversary of my first UFO experience, on May 14.

Remember it's not just me and UFO people implying that these things could be UFOs. It is the government officials and insiders and military witnesses --people supposed to be in the know that are the ones strongly implying it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back