Flashing lights around creature in tree, Illinois, USA.

J

johne1618

Reddit user /u/overzealoushobo posted these two videos. They were filmed by the OP's father at 3:15 am in Illinois, USA. He said the creature/object quietly hovered for an extended period and then flew away very fast. The videos seem to show a strange creature in a tree with lights flashing over it. In the first 7 seconds of the first video you can see a white figure in the bottom right. A commentator guessed that this might be a St Francis garden ornament.

Could the strange electrical discharge-like lights be LEDs on a drone or fireflies around an owl?

The creature with colored lights at its fingertips.

1.jpg

Probably a St Francis garden statue at the beginning of the first video in the bottom right.

2.jpg

At 0:13 in the first video the camera zooms into the creature. It's "fingers" give off different colors and strange light discharges occur over its body.

First video

At 0:26 in the second video you can see a spectacular flash of light that seems to travel from the creature's wrist to the end of its fingers.

3.jpg

Second video

Last edited by a moderator:
I mostly see insects fluttering around in the light of a streetlamp or other light source. Some of the little twinkling flashes look like insects, too, but I wonder whether someone was playing a laser pointer over portions of the object while insects fluttered past.

No creature in sight, from my viewpoint.

I mostly see insects fluttering around in the light of a streetlamp or other light source. Some of the little twinkling flashes look like insects, too, but I wonder whether someone was playing a laser pointer over portions of the object while insects fluttered past.

No creature in sight, from my viewpoint.
That same thought I had by only observing the picture in the OP. Not an interesting case.

"creature with fingers". lol!

What makes this case especially interesting to you? Or is this post just another pointless post in your seemingly-never-ending series of pontless posts?
I’m interested in seemingly paranormal phenomena.

Aren’t you?

There is definitely a very bright light behind the tree/canopy.

Could be. It would probably have to be on a long pole. I would have thought more light would come through the leaves around where you indicated if that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm underwhelmed by this film (and think @deirdre posted an excellent possible cause), but I'll point out another "phenomenon" I've observed in my own yard. (Never filmed it, though.) I have disposed of Christmas trees in the past with the inevitable scatter of aluminized Mylar tinsel in the yard, and sometimes have observed it incorporated into bird nests. I'm sure the same might occur with shredded cellophane used in children's Easter baskets, some of which material even has an iridescent coating. The resultant sparkle, perhaps with stray strands fluttering in the breeze, might easily be misinterpreted by susceptible people.

Could be. It would probably have to be on a long pole. I would have thought more light would come through the leaves around where you indicated if that was the case.
what do you mean "could be"? the whole area is lit up like Grand Central Station. It's even got what is likely a power line going to it . and that isnt night sky behind my pink arrows it is dark leaves of that particular tree which is in front of the light.

Tht's why people seek out trees for shade on hot days...leaves block the light.
1661964223631.png

(and think @deirdre posted an excellent possible cause),
i was actually looking for a pic of the utility poles with just those small green and red lights directly on the "transformer?" bit. the utility pole next to where i used to live had those. They were directly on that white "tank box" thing that is on top of the poles though, not on a separate box further along the wires.

The reddit guy though said, on Reddit, he will ask his father what is behind that tree and get back to "us".

Back