David Grusch's DOPSR Cleared Statement and IG Complaint

I stand corrected! Thanks Duke, I forgot about that. So, Mellon can claim he sent 1 actual whistleblower to ARRO, assuming that's correct and Elizondo did talk to them. I'll correct my post.

It's technically true but also misleading. Kirkpatrick is clearly referring to whistleblowers who are allegedly exposing the government's alien program, not just anyone who may have filed a complaint with the government about anything at all. Kirkpatrick wouldn't talk to Elizondo because people were being mean to Elizondo at work.

So sure, technically Elizondo is a whistleblower. But he's not a whistleblower about alien spaceships.

It might be held up on the same DOPSR desk as the historical AARO report. Or did I miss something?
Yeah I’ve seen somewhere on the bonkers place that is twitter / X that it’s still with DOPSR. Although the AARO report has been supposedly been given to Congress this week and is due out to the public v soon so maybe means Grusch’s will be signed off soon. Should be interesting anyway.

Any idea about what has happened to the "op ed" Grusch was supposedly writing? Has he gone quiet?
Grusch has laid low in the mainstream since the story broke about his mental health and alcohol issues. He's appeared on some podcasts and talked at events, but they have been partisan in nature where he's among friends/supporters. Think his handlers would let him do a podcast with Mick?

Back in the 90s I read an article about how PR and image consultants work to rebuild the public perception of disgraced/discredited public figures. This was about the time US sports broadcaster Marv Albert and actor (of sorts) Paul Ruebens were trying rebuild their careers. The first step in the process was to get them out of the mainstream public eye. A lot of it sounded like so much psychobabble, but the line bottom seemed to be the average person has a short memory and/or simply doesn't care.

I got all excited and was about to start a thread. Here is the head of ARRO saying a lot of this recent UFO flap is a bunch of Skinwalker Ranch crap orchestrated by the usual suspects with help from the late Reid and other politicians. And claiming that none of them, including Grusch, will come before ARRO with their claims. I know, it's because he's a government shill and on the payroll of (insert name of nefarious defense contractor of choice here), but it was refreshing.

You're right though, we'll wait until the actual report comes out.
For posterity, AARO report thread: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/aaros-historical-uap-report-volume-1.13375/

John Greenwald filed an FOIA request for all documents relating the AARO's attempts to interview Grusch. Below is a long video of Greenwald presenting the documents in chronological order.

He also has a write-up on his site with excerpt and a timeline:

Timeline of AARO’s Attempts to Engage David Grusch:

• June 8-13, 2023: Initial contact was made with known associates of Grusch, urging them to have him speak with AARO. These efforts were clarified during dialogues between AARO’s Director and individuals close to Grusch.
  • June 26, 2023: AARO staff reached out directly for Grusch’s contact details and extended an interview invitation, which Grusch declined.
  • June 28, 2023: After Grusch’s congressional testimony, AARO sought any verifiable information he might have shared with Congress.
  • July 27, 2023: Further attempts to arrange an interview through another associate of Grusch, who was meeting him the following day.
  • October 6, 2023: A secure call was made to encourage Grusch to participate in a formal interview.
  • November 10, 2023: Grusch agreed to be interviewed on November 14, after Congressional staff urged his cooperation.
  • November 14, 2023: Grusch failed to appear at the scheduled interview, expressing doubts about AARO’s authorization to handle classified information.
  • November 19, 2023: AARO contacted Grusch again, reiterating their authorization and inviting him to discuss his claims, which he declined.
  • January 8, 2024: AARO provided additional documentation to address Grusch’s concerns about confidentiality and classification handling, maintaining a standing invitation for an interview.
Content from External Source
https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...epeated-attempts-to-engage-with-david-grusch/

The article contains a link to the FOIA response, which I have also attached to the post.

The first document appears to be an AARO memo documenting Grusch's various dodges of their requests for interview.

The All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) extended multiple invitations to Mr.
David Grusch for the purpose of conducting an oral history interview in support of the
Congressionally directed Historical Record Report (HRR). Invitations, both direct and through
intermediaries, to interview Mr. Grusch regarding his claimed knowledge of U.S. Government
possession of extra-terrestrial material and reverse-engineering programs were met with negative
results.
It appears to me that Grusch has systematically avoided talking to AARO despite publicly claiming that he would like to, and that they have not contacted him. His main excuse appears to be that they have not assured to his satisfaction that AARO is truly authorized to receive this information from him, and that he would be in legal jeopardy if he did so. That seems like a wild claim, given the rather broad protection given by SEC. 1663 of the 2023 NDAA. Also, see the final document of the FOIA pdf for a memorandum from the director of the DoD Special Access Program restating that AARO can receive the information.

Individuals with current or previous access to Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)-related information which is subject to a USG Nondisclosure Agreement are authorized to provide this otherwise protected information to AARO representatives. AARO personnel are authorized to receive this information pursuant to Section 1673 [sic] of the National Defense Authorization Act(NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023.
To me, all of this is blatant evidence of Grusch's bad faith. He refuses the meet with AARO even to discuss his supposed concerns. He's practically been begging for a mechanism to disclose UAP information to the public (or at least congress), but refuses to engage with the mechanism created to start do exactly that.

Attachments

• BlackVault_FOIA_Docs.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
To me, all of this is blatant evidence of Grusch's bad faith. He refuses the meet with AARO even to discuss his supposed concerns. He's practically been begging for a mechanism to disclose UAP information to the public (or at least congress), but refuses to engage with the mechanism created to start do exactly that.

He does not want to find truth or anything. For reasons I am not going to write up, but obviously he does not want this train to stop.

has Grusch even been around ? i havent heard mention of him in awhile.

I thought he was supposed to have a big OpEd piece this spring, maybe back in March or April? I was in Baja and not paying that much attention, but I was checking here and I'm sure if it was published someone here would have mentioned it. Maybe waiting to let Melon and the rest poke holes in AARO and then wait for it to die down. If so, that kinda backfired, because most everybody seems to respect Greenwald and this doesn't look good.

Mr. Grusch is hiding. If there is one thing you learn in the Intel Community it is to watch and filter what you are saying based upon your audience. If Mr Grusch met with AARO it would be possible for him to talk about some topics and NOT talk about others. He would be under no obligation to talk about EVERYTHING he knows just because he walked into a room with them.

Article:
Ms. LUNA. OK. On the 19th of April, Dr. Kirkpatrick, head of AARO, had said that he did not find any evidence of UAPs. You also stated that you had—in your interview that you briefed him on information that you were uncovering but that he did not followup with you. Were the items that you divulged to him pertinent to national security?
Mr. GRUSCH. Yes. Him and I had a classified conversation in April 2022 before he took over AARO in July 2022 and I provided him some concerns I had.
Ms. LUNA. Do you know why he might not have followed up with you?
Mr. GRUSCH. Unfortunately, I cannot read his mind. I wish he did. I was happy to give sage counsel to him on where to look when he took the helm of AARO.

His sworn testimony about AARO at the HOC hearing in July 26, 2023 seems to be contradicted by the FOIA documents.

Even on the the most charitable of interpretations--
he never directly spoke with Kirkpatrick, just with Mellon/other liaisons,
or maybe AARO never followed on the particular thing he allegedly reported in April 2022
or maybe Grusch changed his mind at some point after Kirkpatrick "took the helm of AARO"
--his statements would be very misleading.

"I was happy to give sage counsel to him on where to look"--when in fact, behind the scenes in June 2023, he was claiming he did not trust their authority to allow him to do so and allegedly had "bad blood" with Kirkpatrick. That seems to be flirting with perjury to my eyes.

Mr. Grusch is hiding. If there is one thing you learn in the Intel Community it is to watch and filter what you are saying based upon your audience. If Mr Grusch met with AARO it would be possible for him to talk about some topics and NOT talk about others. He would be under no obligation to talk about EVERYTHING he knows just because he walked into a room with them.
While he's kept a relatively low profile, Grusch hasn't been hiding. He been on a smattering of podcast since last fall and has also given some presentations outside the USG. I know I've read at least a couple articles about these presentations, but here's the only one I could find.

Now according to an anonymous attendee, Grusch recently gave a secret talk in New York to a group of investors, CIA and FBI officials, tech entrepreneurs and other prominent individuals.

Journalists have seemingly since confirmed that the event actually did take place and that it was hosted by Coinbase advisor John D'Agostino and attorney John J. Altorelli.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.c...grusch-allegedly-held-secret-talk-in-new-york

This meeting was held in Jan this year in NYC. Use of the word "secret" to describe the meeting can only mean the fact the meeting was even held was supposed to remain secret, it doesn't meant he violated security regs by providing secret/classified information to those civilian entrepreneurs in attendance. Besides, this sounds like he was looking for investors in something. Maybe Nolan's "Sol Foundation" UAP think tank, of which Grusch is the COO?

I thought he was supposed to have a big OpEd piece this spring, maybe back in March or April? I was in Baja and not paying that much attention, but I was checking here and I'm sure if it was published someone here would have mentioned it. Maybe waiting to let Melon and the rest poke holes in AARO and then wait for it to die down. If so, that kinda backfired, because most everybody seems to respect Greenwald and this doesn't look good.
Not "March or April", January or February!
I have the link:

Source: https://twitter.com/wow36932525/status/1743428311605563712
David Grusch Op-Ed Update. Now looks like a February release.

The AARO report was supposed to come out in January and was delayed until early March, so I'm happy to cut him some slack, but it's been two months since then. Maybe Mellon's critique of the report in The Debrief is the thing Grusch was supposed to write.
Let's wait to see what he says, if anything. We all know disclosure types have a history of big promises, then delivering very little.
@Duke being prophetic regarding the Op-Ed, back in January.
This meeting was held in Jan this year in NYC. Use of the word "secret" to describe the meeting can only mean the fact the meeting was even held was supposed to remain secret, it doesn't meant he violated security regs by providing secret/classified information to those civilian entrepreneurs in attendance.
"Secret" means "exclusive", it wasn't secret at all, if it was this one:
Yes, the UAPTF directed him to do that. No, this is a different UFO program:

Source: https://twitter.com/wow36932525/status/1744486134883782988/photo/1

There was recently a private presentation by Mr. Grusch provided to professors, lawyers, business people, and a few scientists, according to an attendee. During the Q&A afterwards, Grusch revealed that he was part of a program which could track UFO's.
Some asked him about this, and what he said was that he was part of an extremely secret program that had figured out how to track and find uap's in our atmosphere and near earth orbit. He said his oped will include much more details regarding this.

Back