Bugs and Suggestions for Metabunk.org

@Mendel

For both iPads, IOS = 17.4.1 and browser = Safari 16.0

But the older one, the one that doesn't show all the same features, is an iPad Pro, while the newer one that does show them is an iPad Air. That's why I just use the "ex" tags instead of wondering which one is which.

@Mendel

For both iPads, IOS = 17.4.1 and browser = Safari 16.0

But the older one, the one that doesn't show all the same features, is an iPad Pro, while the newer one that does show them is an iPad Air. That's why I just use the "ex" tags instead of wondering which one is which.
Super weird. Are the screen resolutions different?

I think it's likely a "responsive" thing, to do with screen size/resolution. I see this:

2024-05-21_09-09-53.jpg

But reducing screen size I get:

2024-05-21_09-10-24.jpg

I shall investigate again.

I don't think so, but I'm not a computer whiz. Many years ago I did Fortran programming on a Vax for my company, but that was when dinosaurs still walked the earth.
Not that it matters now, but a laywoman's way to find your display resolution is to take a screenshot and then look at the size of the image. :cool:

Can you confirm it works on both of your tablets now?

Not that it matters now, but a laywoman's way to find your display resolution is to take a screenshot and then look at the size of the image. :cool:

Can you confirm it works on both of your tablets now?

@Mick West too...

I'm on the iPad Air now, and have the very dark arrow-in-box icon showing right in the top row of symbols. But the only result I can see is that the "QUOTE="Mendel..." etc (in brackets) now shows as text when I reply to you, when previously it just put it in the box without all that text. All the other icons are dead (very light images, completely non-functional, as is the arrow/box symbol in spite of being dark), so that I still had to go to the "ex" tags to post something from another site. Can't post photos or I would show you how it looks now, and to be honest I don't even know what most of the other icons are for anyway. In other words, the "fix" broke it. :)

Screenshots on both of them show the full size of the screen.

I'll check the older ipad after it charges for a while.

Last edited:
But the only result I can see is that the "QUOTE="Mendel..." etc (in brackets) now shows as text when I reply to you, when previously it just put it in the box without all that text. All the other icons are dead (very light images, completely non-functional, as is the arrow/box symbol in spite of being dark), so that I still had to go to the "ex" tags to post something from another site.
Thank you! Can you use this to switch back?
Screenshot_20240522-041101_Samsung Internet.jpg
The "[ ]" button turns the brackets on and off.
Screenshots on both of them show the full size of the screen.
Yes. What is the size of the screenshot in pixels? 1536 x 2048 pixels?
From https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-find-the-file-size-of-an-iOS-photo
main-qimg-4a060490c59547abd258121c40dd1306.jpegmain-qimg-784f6972032a199742c9587205498b97.jpegmain-qimg-cbb4eae2870df64177f9c05834c9de70.jpegmain-qimg-0871da0ce3d433057d0bc8cca5c029cf.jpeg
The "981 × 736" in the last image is the size of the image in pixels. For the screenshot, thag would be the same size as the screen.

Last edited:
Back