ZA Government accuses US of plotting regime change in ZA

qed

A short while ago, Gwede Mantashe, secretary general of the ruling African National Congress, accused the US of holding daily meetings in its South African Embassy with the aim of advancing regime change in South Africa. While I have only heard the first radio report, details are breaking in the press at the moment.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...ls-on-South-Africans-to-defend-the-revolution

While I find the accusations hard to believe, given the diplomatic storm that is about to break in South Africa, I assume the South African government has evidence.

• I simply ask that we keep an eye on this one.

deirdre

Senior Member.
bold mine
is this the 'evidence'?

MikeG

Senior Member.
It's not uncommon to use the United States as a straw man (or bugbear, or whatever) to generate popular support.

I thought Mantashe's claim from the same article was interesting [bold mine]

The United States has deliberately destabilized nations in the past, but I can't imagine any reasonable person believing that we want that in South Africa.

I am curious about that six-week program.

deirdre

Senior Member.
I am curious about that six-week program.
this came up when i googled 6 weeks

Hevach

Senior Member.
The United States has deliberately destabilized nations in the past, but I can't imagine any reasonable person believing that we want that in South Africa.
There are still people alive who remember when US policy regarding South Africa was that the certainty of Apartheid was better than the risk that a change may open the door for communism. It's a specter that's probably going to hang over every country that was ever even peripherally a pawn in some offshoot of the Truman Doctrine.

SR1419

Senior Member.

This sounds like a fairly standard "empowerment" type program designed to foster civic involvement and democratic principals that are run by numerous NGOs across the World but often funded in part by the US State department (USAID). This is the same type of stuff that was brought up in the Ukraine (when Nuland mentioned "billions" spent in Ukraine) and is cast as being subterfuge by some people in the countries in question. Teach them how to run a business and organize civic groups and they are bound to overthrow you...or so goes the reasoning.

MikeG

Senior Member.
There are still people alive who remember when US policy regarding South Africa was that the certainty of Apartheid was better than the risk that a change may open the door for communism. It's a specter that's probably going to hang over every country that was ever even peripherally a pawn in some offshoot of the Truman Doctrine.

Agreed. We are going to be living down past actions for a very long time, particularly where we chose stability and pro-American/anti-Communism over better, more risky options.

It is a shame that kind of reflexive, anti-American still has traction and probably will be so for the foreseeable future.

It's interesting though to see how much of it persists because of history and how much of it involves myth. That might be worth some debunking at some point.

qed

http://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/us-embassy-fuelling-regime-change--gwede-1987357

qed

This following is most likely the evidence/"evidence" against YALI (Young African Leadership Initiative)
http://www.timeslive.co.za/ilive/20...-recall-Zuma-for-betraying-SA-and-party-iLIVE

qed

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2016-02-21-op-ed-fear-loathing-2016-edition/#.Vsryil7Srb0

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeG

Senior Member.
Great article.

Jeremy

It's understandable that they're wary of such things.

Zuma hasn't done much to help himself, though.

Zuma hasn't done much to help himself, though.[/QUOTE]

As a child of immigrants from the region I have been watching South African politics with alarm. Since the revolution in the late Twentieth Century the ANC has been exploiting thier political legacy for material gain. Many citizens are concerned about Zuma's corruption and everyone is dissapointed (unrealistically) with the lack of economic change. As for the Presidents opinions he has some wild ideas about the AIDs problem too.

The papers report today that a high court in South Africa has cleared the way for impeachment of the president. The issue was the use of public money for renovations to a private(?) home. later on TV I saw a report that Zuma was offering to repay 23 million rand.

mod add: reference

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West TFTRH #23: Ian/TheoryQED: UFOs, Government Cover-ups, and Alien Visitors. Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 32
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
MikeG Claim: DC officials are "flocking" to "Doomsday Camps" Conspiracy Theories 4
Marin B Garrett Graff : "Bungling" is a more likely explanation for government conspiracy theories Conspiracy Theories 7
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Jay Reynolds Government of Cyprus said to find no evidence of spraying Contrails and Chemtrails 1
MikeG Debunked: Government to Nationalize Food Supply Conspiracy Theories 0
CeruleanBlu Project scientist Eric Korpela talks about SETI, aliens, and government conspiracies. UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Bruce Lansberg Dutch Government discloses 245 official documents Flight MH17 0
E** Claim: Forbes article proves Obama/government caught telling media to coverup ebola Conspiracy Theories 2
David Alex Jones Video: Government Weather Manipulation Exposed Conspiracy Theories 129
Mathias Olsen Partially Debunked: List of Monsanto Employees in Government Conspiracy Theories 30
Willie Ansel Adams: "It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government..." Quotes Debunked 11
Critical Thinker Debunked: "Government Labels those who Grow Their Own Food ‘Extremists’" Conspiracy Theories 12
Mick West Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report] Conspiracy Theories 63
Cairenn Debunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout. Conspiracy Theories 31
Mick West Debunked: Debunkers Trust the Government and Think Everything is Fine Practical Debunking 89
BlueCollarCritic Debunked Conspiracies Update - The Government Is Not Confiscating Guns General Discussion 18
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
Rroval Video: US Government Admits UFOs in Press Conference | Disclosure UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Cairenn Debunked: Government buys 30,000 guillotines Conspiracy Theories 20
BlueCollarCritic Government Is Spying on Your Cell Phone Calls Conspiracy Theories 152
Jimbo 2 Living ETs Working With US Government Conspiracy Theories 11
Miss VocalCord Dutch Government answers chemtrail questions Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Soulfly DOJ investigation of the AP debunk the government controlling the media? General Discussion 0
BenC Debunked: UK Government admits Chemtrails (Legislation HC221) Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Debunked: ‘White Guilt’ Bracelets - Government wants you to wear them? Conspiracy Theories 223
HappyMonday Ex Government Employee talks about Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Spongebob Has this Government paper been debunked yet? Contrails and Chemtrails 7
U Why does this site not debunk government and corporate wrongdoings? Site Feedback & News 4
Juror No. 8 Does the U.S. government manufacture terrorism? If so, why? General Discussion 99
D Post 9/11 Government Contractors ' War on Terror' Authorized Testing on U.S. Persons Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Context: a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government - FDR Quotes Debunked 119
Santa's sidekick Debunked: Clinton & Netanyahu plotting to kill children & "maximise civilian casualties"( satire) General Discussion 1
Related Articles

Related Articles