1. George B

George B Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member Staff Member

I have to admit the single issue that galvanized my suspicion that some type of Chemtrail activity was possible was Congressional testimony and the US Code . . . sure human experimentation occurred . . . what made it stop?? Once behavior is uncovered, admitted to reluctantly, and laws changed in and around 1997 to prevent it in the future . . . should we believe this type of activity is over and done with from now on????
  2. Jay Reynolds

Jay Reynolds Senior Member

George Washington was a slave owner. Slavery was abolished. Once that behavior was changed by law in 1863 to prevent it in the future . . . should we believe this type of activity is over and done with from now on, or should we forever suspect that all Presidents keep slaves?
  3. Mick West

Mick West Administrator Staff Member

I think the 1997 change in the law was a specific response to something to do with the First Gulf War, possibly experimental vaccines being given to soldiers without their consent. Or possibly as a response to certain type of accusations surrounding Gulf War Illness.
  4. Mick West

For reference, here's the current law:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-105publ85/html/PLAW-105publ85.htm
  5. Mick West

6. George B

It may have been part of the reasons; however, to establish the motivation of Congress requires an understanding of a legislative timeline, testimony, public comment etc . . . I do know there was much angry testimony regarding the Zinc Cadmium Sulfide injections around 1995 . . .
  7. George B

Old code . . . .

8. George B

Much investigating was ongoing . . .

9. David Fraser

David Fraser Senior Member

That law does not make it illegal it just ensures that there is informed consent by any subject. I don't see how this could be related to chemtrails in any way.
  10. George B

Here is the Gulf War connection . . .

11. George B

So evidence supporting the lack of trust in the Government because of past covert human experimentation is not germane to a discussion about the suspicion the government may conduct said covert experimentation again . . . ??? Hmmmm . . .
  12. George B

Maybe not the US President but slavery is still alive and well throughout the world is it not? Including sex slavery in our own country . . . all quite illegal . . .
  13. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

ZCdS was "sprayed" from aircraft IIRC - not injected?
  14. George B

Whatever . . . it was dispersed as either an aerosol, a powder or a spray . . .
  15. David Fraser

I think the Gulf War is irrelevent as the military are exempted from that law.
  16. David Fraser

So what you are saying is that at a time a government starts spraying they also at a legaslative means to challenge it? That makes no sense.

I am not denying the past btw, and I don't trust my own government in the UK.
  17. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

The military being exempt doesn't stop the information and hearings being a catalyst to a law change - even if the law change then does not affect the military.

The 1990's saw a lot of US experimentation become public knowledge - not all of it was by or on the military - but the GW circumstances were part and parcel of that increasing knowledge.
  18. David Fraser

You are correct and I apologise. However I do have intimate knowledge of Gulf War Syndrome, especially as it affected us in the UK. I don't believe the US or UK government issued troops with medication as an experiment. I truly believe they did it in good faith. Please take into context I am in the UK but I get a little angry that GWS is brought into the chemtrail debate. I am part of a group that to this day fights for our rights as the UK don't recognise it.
  19. Mattnik

Mattnik Moderator Staff Member

20. George B

My post was in response to Micks post about the law change he felt was motivated somewhat because of the Gulf War testimony, but thanks for pointing out that military members are usually exempt from civilian protections . . .
  21. George B

No, it is a recognition that in an enterprise as large, complex and segmented as the US Government the right hand may not know what the left hand is doing . . .
  22. George B

I don't disagree . . .
  23. George B

Good intentions for actions does not guarantee good outcomes . . . the world is full of such history . . . it just makes it a bit easier to explain why you took the action in the first place. The potential/suspected causes of GWS was for the most part not covert in nature but extremely difficult to prove, much like the Agent Orange Program, Ranch Hand in Vietnam . . .
  24. George B

By-the-way, just to clarify . . . I did not choose the Thread Title . . . it is Mick's creation . . . I would not have thrown in Chemtrails . . .
  25. Mick West

Sorry, but that's by far the most common connection made between this 1997 change in the law, and some nefarious intent.

The law starts out making it illegal as the default position:

It then provides some exceptions that require informed consent.

I also don't see how it's related to chemtrails. However it (or the older version of the law) have been brought up as evidence of chemtrails literally thousands of times.

https://www.google.com/search?q="public+law"+chemtrails

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  26. Jay Reynolds

Jay Reynolds Senior Member

It is brought up because the chemtrais hoax never could stand on its own.

Like the handicapped might need mobility aids, the double-amputeed chemtrails hoax has always had to free-ride on suspicion, distrust, jealousy and fear mongering, or any other issue which could attract someone. Just as Michael J. Murphy hitched onto weather modification, hatred for Bill Gates and Monsanto, everything possible is "connected" to give it a hand-up.