What exactly Are Chemtrails?

moderateGOP

Can someone tell me in simple terms what CT's think Chemtrails are? No one has actually ever quite explained it properly to me. They just have an irrational fear of them as far as I can tell.

It varies, but the most common idea is that they are some kind of geoengineering. Basically high altitude artificial clouds to block the sun to change the weather.

And a bunch of other stuff.

It varies, but the most common idea is that they are some kind of geoengineering. Basically high altitude artificial clouds to block the sun to change the weather.

And a bunch of other stuff.

Still makes no sense lolz. You are probably one of the most advocate debunkers of the subject and yet, you cannot even give me a proper definition of the conspiracy. I guess it's fitting though, most Conspiracies are irrational.

Well if you want to be really specific, some of them think it's aluminum oxide. Some think it's titanium dioxide. Some think it's high sulphur jet fuel. There are lots of theories. Basically they think the trails last longer than they should.

Don't forget nanobots of some sort... and "chemwebs", whatever that is.... And then there are those who have claimed they contain Human blood. I'm not kidding.

Golly. When I first heard folks speak of "chemtrails" (June of this year, maybe?), I was befuddled. After hearing comments over a series a days, I finally asked. "Okay. So. Who is doing what and why?" I was directed to WITWATS. The following weeks saw my social tact tested. Nice people, mind you, but CTs like I've never seen. Not one of them (4 people) could answer any of my questions regarding specifics. "I don't know but I don't like it. Something bad." I brought them Clouds of the World by Richard Scorer and explained persistent contrails. I think I made some progress, at least getting them to acknowledge that they ultimately do not understand contrails or their own murky suppositions. They likely see me as a pompous dupe of sorts, but mutual respect has been maintained. I've been gentle. Anyhoo - in my experience, the nebulous nature of the chemtrails idea served as a debunking opportunity. Every anemic stab at justifying a CT belief was handily struck down. Excelsior.

Believers often have easier time explaining the purpose of "chemtrails", as opposed to by what processes these things actually achieve these purposes.

There have been a range of "purposes" throughout the years, some of them peaked before the passing of December 21 2012 during the build up of what would become the worst new age anti-climax ever. These "purposes" were mostly related to things like consciousness and faking some kind of religious "second coming" as listed below.

So through the years I've gathered points of the actual purpose for "chemtrails":

• To depopulate the earth.
• To cripple our health to make us dependant on medicine (big pharma).
• To shield sensitive equipment from solar flares.
• To control the weather.
• To acidify or poison soil to create GMO monopoly.
• To allow HAARP to be used to for creating natural disasters.
• To filter out vitamin D producing spectrum from the sunlight.
• To obscure our view to outer space so we can't see Planet X aka Niburu.
• To dull our "third eye" (pineal gland) to keep us from spiritual awakening.
• To fake the second coming of Jesus, or an alien invasion (project blue beam).

Whenever someone begin to talk about chemtrails, I always let them start by defining what "chemtrails" really are and what they are supposed to do. If they manage that the whole discussion becomes a lot easier.

You guys are much better than I am at being kind...I wish I had the ability to be kind about the conspiracy.
Believers often have easier time explaining the purpose of "chemtrails", as opposed to by what processes these things actually achieve these purposes.

There have been a range of "purposes" throughout the years, some of them peaked before the passing of December 21 2012 during the build up of what would become the worst new age anti-climax ever. These "purposes" were mostly related to things like consciousness and faking some kind of religious "second coming" as listed below.

So through the years I've gathered points of the actual purpose for "chemtrails":

Whenever someone begin to talk about chemtrails, I always let them start by defining what "chemtrails" really are and what they are supposed to do. If they manage that the whole discussion becomes a lot easier.

That's a lot of bullets!! I wish I was able to be as kind as you guys about this conspiracy.

Thank you!!!! This really puts it in perspective for me. So it's basically the smoke monster from lost??? All their conspiracies all rolled up into one evil supernatural entity that they cannot really fully explain. I guess the Illuminati controls this plan too?

As telling as the list is, it's more important to recognize that no matter what the outrageous or incredible reason for the conspiracy, the actual explanation for the trails has always been the same. Unfortunately the truth is complicated and relatively boring.

Also worth to note is that HAARP related conspiracies have mutated through the years too.
Some years ago when people got the feeling that the number of earthquakes were on the rise, HAARP was blamed.
Funny thing was that the earthquakes were usually situated in areas where geological features were prone to causing earthquakes, but never mind about that.

Now that the number of major earthquakes seem to have lowered in number it seems that HAARP related conspiracies are more about controlling the weather (only).
I very seldom hear about it causing earthquakes any longer. I think it has to do with the mentality of conspiranoids, that they seem to latch on to whatever event is going on for the moment, and interpret it with the conspiracy angle.
No earthquakes means blaming HAARP for earthquakes is out of fashion.

Thank you!!!! This really puts it in perspective for me. So it's basically the smoke monster from lost??? All their conspiracies all rolled up into one evil supernatural entity that they cannot really fully explain. I guess the Illuminati controls this plan too?

Or maybe the monster from Forbidden Planet (I'm not familiar with Lost past the first 10 minutes of the first episode)

Also worth to note is that HAARP related conspiracies have mutated through the years too.
Some years ago when people got the feeling that the number of earthquakes were on the rise, HAARP was blamed.
Funny thing was that the earthquakes were usually situated in areas where geological features were prone to causing earthquakes, but never mind about that.

Now that the number of major earthquakes seem to have lowered in number it seems that HAARP related conspiracies are more about controlling the weather (only).
I very seldom hear about it causing earthquakes any longer. I think it has to do with the mentality of conspiranoids, that they seem to latch on to whatever event is going on for the moment, and interpret it with the conspiracy angle.
No earthquakes means blaming HAARP for earthquakes is out of fashion.

Yes, many CT forums have Earthquake sections. Which keeps track of the Earthquakes that happen around the world. Which is interesting to monitor anyway. However, they are searching either for the one that will kick California into the middle of the Ocean, or the big worldwide one which indicates the end times are here...

According to Clifford Carnicom, there are seven main reasons:

1. Biological operations, including the use of apparent bio-warfare, such as Morgellons disease, in the sprayed aerosols, constituting war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the Geneva conventions.
2. Military Operations, such as advanced radar applications, anti-missile Star Wars applications.

3. Electromagnetic Operations, including HAARP directed energy scalar weapons and mind control weapons applications, constituting war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the Geneva conventions.

4. Environmental modification and weather wars. Mr. Carnicom stated he has concluded that the covert aerosol-spraying program has transformed the atmosphere of the planet into plasma capable of sustaining weaponized applications since its acceleration in 1999. This constitutes a violation of the 1978 Treaty against Modification of the Environment.

5. Geophysical operations, including tectonic (earthquake) warfare, constituting war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and the Geneva conventions.

6. An advanced surveillance system capable of covert surveillance of the entire human population.

7. Detection of exotic propulsion systems, including detection of off-planet or interdimensional UFOs.
Content from External Source

I have been reminded that the "Planet X" people have claimed, for quite a while now, that chemtrails are meant to keep people from seeing that alleged rogue planet in our skies.

I have been reminded that the "Planet X" people have claimed, for quite a while now, that chemtrails are meant to keep people from seeing that alleged rogue planet in our skies.
Which would be rather amusing if it weren't so egregious. I wonder how they think that "works".

Off topic but with the use of HAARP and chemtrails surely the US could quite literally shake Assad out of power ;-)

Which would be rather amusing if it weren't so egregious. I wonder how they think that "works".

No matter how many times it was explained to them that something blocking THEIR particular view of a certain area of the sky, would not be blocking the view of people 50 miles over, they never seen to get it.

Here is an example of how "chemtrail" theories mutate:
http://globalskywatch.com/stories/m...trail-information/the-great-contrail-con.html

Notice the definition of "non-persistent chemtrail".
It's no longer a matter of non-persistent trails (contrails) versus persistent trails (chemtrails), apparently all visible trails are "chem" according to this page.
Further down on that page there is an image of what is described as a "rare photo" of a real contrail, which are supposed to be so rare that few people ever get the chance to see one in their lifetime...
The image was apparently so sensitive that it was removed by the "Wikipedia disinformation machine".

Here is an example of how "chemtrail" theories mutate:
http://globalskywatch.com/stories/m...trail-information/the-great-contrail-con.html

Notice the definition of "non-persistent chemtrail".
It's no longer a matter of non-persistent trails (contrails) versus persistent trails (chemtrails), apparently all visible trails are "chem" according to this page.
Further down on that page there is an image of what is described as a "rare photo" of a real contrail, which are supposed to be so rare that few people ever get the chance to see one in their lifetime...
The image was apparently so sensitive that it was removed by the "Wikipedia disinformation machine".

I continue to be amazed at the depth and detail Tanner has constructed on that site. It's impossible to take anyone who is unfamiliar with the subject through all of that, point by point, and explain where it is incorrect. It all SOUNDS so plausible, but the devil is in the details like where he claims to be able to smell/taste chemtrails 20 minutes after they are sprayed some 30,000ft over his head.

Back