Washington Post: Former QAnon believer's tale

JFDee

Senior Member.
This isn’t a story Jadeja necessarily wants to tell. Not really. He’s moved on, recently founding a data analytics venture. He can look back at it with some humor. When asked if he had a partner, for example, he replied, he “didn’t have a significant other during QAnon, surprise surprise, and if I did I doubt I would’ve held on to them very long.”
Still, “it’s kind of embarrassing.” But, he reasons, if telling it prevents anyone else from falling down the same dark and twisted rabbit hole he did, then the potential humiliation is worth it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/24/qanon-believer-conspiracy-theory/

Mendel

Senior Member.
“If I didn’t have family that loved me I probably would have committed suicide,” he said. “It was really a terrible feeling to know that you are this stupid and this wrong.”

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Article:
At one point, a QAnon believer posted online requesting Q to get Trump to say “ ’tip top tippy-top shape,’ as kind of a shout out.” Four months later, when speaking at the 2018 White House Easter Egg Roll, Trump used a version of that phrase.

“For the longest time, I was like ‘Dude, that’s a very unique phrase,’ ” Jadeja said. But as he began questioning QAnon, he began looking more deeply — and stumbled upon a two-part YouTube compilation of Trump repeatedly using that wording. “It’s just something that Trump says from time to time. … That’s when my world kind of came crashing down.”

That linked video has less than 1,500 views. The TipTop thing is also something that I covered here:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...anon-clue-from-trump-hes-said-it-before.9921/
(has a list of occurrences and a timeline)

It's interesting that a video that had such a huge impact is so obscure. I think this is partly because YouTube suppresses QAnon content, which means it ends up suppressing factual information, including debunks, about QAnon.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Cairenn Washington Post Blog on weather conspiracies Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West Explained: Washington State Island "Mystery missile" - Helicopter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 49
mickbubbamack Ufos Spokane Washington air show July 2017 [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
TemplarJLS Context: George Washington acknowledges the Illuminati Exists? Quotes Debunked 16
TemplarJLS Can someone debunk this George Washington quote? Quotes Debunked 6
Josh Heuer Debunked: 'Presidents' before George Washington General Discussion 40
Mick West Washington Navy Yard Shootings - False Flag Conspiracy Theories? Conspiracy Theories 73
Royce Malphrus What is this? [unidentified object in photo from vehicle: lamp post] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West 4Chan's QAnon's +++ vs. Trump's. Post timestamps Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Debunked: Dylann Storm Roof Huffington Post Timestamp before the shooting Conspiracy Theories 33
Mick West Debunked: Obama Geoengineering April Fools Joke on Huffington Post Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Deleted Post Placeholders Site Feedback & News 1
Mick West How to Tag someone in a post to let them know they were mentioned How To 3
Mick West How to upload and attach an image or file to a post How To 0
Mick West How to Post an Image on Metabunk How To 5
Mick West Double Post Prevention Site Feedback & News 1
Mick West Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here General Discussion 2023
D Post 9/11 Government Contractors ' War on Terror' Authorized Testing on U.S. Persons Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West TFTRH #32 - The Skeptic of the North: Former Conspiracist, Current Skeptic Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Mick West TFTRH 9: Joe - Former Chemtrail Conspiracist, Current New World Order Conspiracist Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 51
Mick West TFTRH #5 - Dan, the former Apocalyptic Prepper Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 4
M ISO of Former Engineers and Architects Signatories of the A&E for 9/11 Truth Statement Escaping The Rabbit Hole 0
Cantonear1968 A Former AGW (Man-made global warming) Denier Escaping The Rabbit Hole 3
Mick West Donte Stallworth - Former 9/11 Truther, now CNN contributer Escaping The Rabbit Hole 2
Mick West False Authority: "Thoughts From a Former NIST Employee" on 9/11 9/11 92
cmnit Former top NATO Italian General Fabio Mini Contrails and Chemtrails 16
Tobes Email from former Connecticut state worker claiming lottery/Sandy Hook connection Sandy Hook 22
jvnk08 Charlie Veitch, former prominent 9/11 truther Escaping The Rabbit Hole 5
Mick West Temecula: Former "Loose Change" forum mod posts on randi.org Escaping The Rabbit Hole 1
jvnk08 Kristen Meghan, former US Air Force whistle-blower? Contrails and Chemtrails 994
BlueCollarCritic Former CNN Reporter Expoes CNN Self-Censsorship And Coverup Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Former believers, and lessons learned Escaping The Rabbit Hole 164
Mick West Debunked: Scott Stevens, former TV weather man. People Debunked 36
Related Articles

Related Articles