Virginia Shooting Hoax Claims - Can People Run After Being Shot [Yes]

trevor

As an investigative journalist, it was a sad day to see fellow journalists get gunned down on national television. I knew instantly that this was going to be claimed as a "hoax", mainly due to how the woman reacted after being shot at (we aren't sure which percise shots actually hit her yet). The claim on this that many people are making, is that people "Drop" when they are shot, and are not able to run. Here's what i think. I think people have been playing too much Call of Duty, and expect people to react a certain way, after they have been shot. Here's a few examples of people who are fully capable of running at full speed, after being shot at point blank (in the stomach too)

Warning: no blood or brains, but the following videos may be unsettling

Very impressive running, right? Another example i like to use is the Walter Scott death. He was able to get atleast a solid 10 to 15 steps while running with possibly 3 bullets in the back before he finally fell.

Now then, as everyone here officially knows, running after you have been shot is fully believable. I'm sure there will be more "Evidence" in the future (Really within the next 2 days mainly targetting conflicting news reporting) that is going to appear.

[ADMIN UPDATE] This thread is largely discussing the above question. A more detailed debunking of a multitude of similar questions can be found at:
http://wideshut.co.uk/wdbj-virginia-shooting-hoax-theories-debunked/

WideShut is an "alternative" media site, which does seem to entertain some conspiracy theories. But a more sensible site than, say, Infowars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
To make your post more informative, can you post an example of the claims to which you're responding, and perhaps a brief summary of the event itself?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
An unfortunate sign of the times perhaps? But I think it's based on things already being said, if I read the OP correctly.

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
Am I the only one who finds this kind of pre-emptive debunking of a tragedy a little.. off?
Pre-emptive? found these already

there are loads of them out there.

Checklist of claims... crisis actors, para-military uniforms, lack of blood, gun wrong, too many shots fired, signs video was edited... all the same old same old CT mantra's

Last edited:

Qualiall

Yep they are trying to pull the ol. Twitter time trick again. I'm not sure how I can send a picture through my phone on here (it says bad file extension when I try)...but the claim is...shooting happened at 6:45, but her boyfriend tweeted about it at around 6:30am

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Here's part of a (long) comment thread on a (Warning: video shows the shooting) YouTube video. Generally not a place for reasoned discussion anyway, but it shows that people are making these claims:

MikeG

Senior Member.
Pre-emptive? found these already
there are loads of them out there.

Checklist of claims... crisis actors, para-military uniforms, lack of blood, gun wrong, too many shots fired, signs video was edited... all the same old same old CT mantra's

Very sad.

trevor

To make your post more informative, can you post an example of the claims to which you're responding, and perhaps a brief summary of the event itself?

i would, but the problem with this is that people are claiming its a hoax just by saying "It looks fake"...and that they are actors, lack of blood, they Ran away (Which is what i was covering) etc....you know, stuff that they just spit out of their mouths with NO evidence that actually supports it....It's disgusting, it's equivalent to "Taking a dump on someones grave". Although i do not know the people who were involved, i just think it's highly offensive and disrespectful.

trevor

I saw many posts claiming it was a false flag before the OP posted that. I also KNEW they would claim false flag.

same here...second i heard about it, i said, "Well, time to check youtube for the conspiracies", and sure enough....

deirdre

Senior Member.
i would, but
yea but didnt you choose the title to this thread? you made it specific. or was that an admin?

From what i'm hearing (and from pics) she wasnt actually shot in the footage we see. so even though yea, obviously, people can run after being shot.. that seems irrelevant in this instance.

trevor

yea but didnt you choose the title to this thread? you made it specific. or was that an admin?

From what i'm hearing (and from pics) she wasnt actually shot in the footage we see. so even though yea, obviously, people can run after being shot.. that seems irrelevant in this instance.

This was the second post i ever made, Im not an expert on "Creating Fabulous/Amazing Metabunk" posts. "That seems irrelevant in this instance". No it doesn't, look at the comments on the videos, and even the videos that are addressing the actual footage. The youtube user/channel (The man who uploaded the video) actually said "People drop like flies when they get shot", and that was wrong. I was simply hoping to start the new thread and knock down a claim....that is all..........

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
i would, but the problem with this is that people are claiming its a hoax just by saying "It looks fake"...and that they are actors, lack of blood, they Ran away (Which is what i was covering) etc....you know, stuff that they just spit out of their mouths with NO evidence that actually supports it....It's disgusting, it's equivalent to "Taking a dump on someones grave". Although i do not know the people who were involved, i just think it's highly offensive and disrespectful.
Dead right, but sadly it happens EVERY time these days; 7/7, Charlie Hebdo, Sandy Hook, The Oslo Youth Camp, the Aussie Cafe siege... to the CT mind there are no terrorists, no random nutters, no acts of God. Planes don't crash anymore, they are shot down, chemical plants never have industrial accidents, its space weapons or sabotage... Every event induces the same CT set text. They have no compassion for those involved because to them those involved have to be part of the conspiracy in the first place. It's sick to everybody else, but to those with the CT mindset its a natural response. :(

deirdre

Senior Member.
"That seems irrelevant in this instance".
it's irrelevant.. the CLAIM ...is irrelevant because it doesnt appear to have happened in this case. At least not that i can find evidence of.

For instance the first shot at least, the ladies are obviously and naturally reacting to the SOUND of the gunshot only, imo.

Shock-As-TV-News-Reporter-.png

Last edited:

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
how can i edit my post? I don't see an edit button, and i'd like to include the video.
There's only a short 'edit time', a few hours that post can be editted after posting, if you contact an admin they can add the vid link for you.

Jeremy

Dead right, but sadly it happens EVERY time these days; 7/7, Charlie Hebdo, Sandy Hook, The Oslo Youth Camp, the Aussie Cafe siege... to the CT mind there are no terrorists, no random nutters, no acts of God. Planes don't crash anymore, they are shot down, chemical plants never have industrial accidents, its space weapons or sabotage... Every event induces the same CT set text. They have no compassion for those involved because to them those involved have to be part of the conspiracy in the first place. It's sick to everybody else, but to those with the CT mindset its a natural response. :(

It hasn't even occurred to them that it's absurd to believe that ALL of these things are false flags, inside jobs, and/or hoaxes.

NoParty

Senior Member.
It hasn't even occurred to them that it's absurd to believe that ALL of these things are false flags, inside jobs, and/or hoaxes.
Sadly...oddly...an irrational belief that one unfortunate incident is somehow a "false flag"
seems only to make them more willing to believe that the next tragedy is also somehow a false flag...

...and the snowball o' nonsense just gets bigger and bigger...

TWCobra

Senior Member.
Sadly...oddly...an irrational belief that one unfortunate incident is somehow a "false flag"
seems only to make them more willing to believe that the next tragedy is also somehow a false flag...

...and the snowball o' nonsense just gets bigger and bigger...

The criteria seems to be that if the event is filmed, it must be faked.

Bizarre.

John West

it's irrelevant.. the CLAIM ...is irrelevant because it doesnt appear to have happened in this case. At least not that i can find evidence of.

For instance the first shot at least, the ladies are obviously and naturally reacting to the SOUND of the gunshot only, imo.

View attachment 14716
I shoot a guy in the gut once at close range by accident. He didn't realise he had been shot straight away. It took at least 5 seconds for him to realise he had been hit.

John West

Has anyone addressed the claims being made that the shots sound like blanks? Apparently blanks have a distinctively different sound than live bullets.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone addressed the claims being made that the shots sound like blanks? Apparently blanks have a distinctively different sound than live bullets.

Unless someone is seriously presenting evidence for this, then I don't see any reason to address it.

trevor

I shoot a guy in the gut once at close range by accident. He didn't realise he had been shot straight away. It took at least 5 seconds for him to realise he had been hit.

you'll hear alot of similar stories like that in the Marines...Guys will get back to base, and Sarge says "Johnson, you got a massive hole in your leg".

Johnson- "Thanks, wasn't aware...i'll get that checked out". Might have something to do with the nerves.

trevor

Unless someone is seriously presenting evidence for this, then I don't see any reason to address it.
that's the thing Mick...None of these people actually post evidence for this kind of stuff, and 80% of the people who watch these videos believe the claims INSTANTLY.

Im almost tempted to make the claim MYSELF just so we could knock it down.

You MIGHT think that a CT would at least consult with a deer hunter (and everybody in the continental USA knows at least one) to see if a large mammal can run after being hit by a bullet that does not strike the heart, head, or any other vital organ that does not drop it immediately.

Or, perhaps, watch a Youtube video of a deer being shot by a hunter.

But I also agree with Deidre - the reactions I saw in the live footage seemed to show the two possible results of a gun being fired in close proximity to two unsuspecting people. The interviewer seems to exhibit the "fright and flight" reaction, and the interviewee seems to exhibit an example of freezing due either to fear or the inability to comprehend what exactly is occurring. I don't think either was hit by the first shot.

BombDr

Senior Member.
I have been shot myself, in the lower torso and I did fall like the classic sack of spuds. I was wearing body armour which may have transferred the force over a wider area and as it was near my centre of gravity toppled me over. It all happened fast and I can only remember feeling like I have been hit with a hammer and staring at the sky. I do not recall actually hearing anything, but I also don't recall leaving the aircraft on my first couple of jumps...

So much for my experience - I have also seen people shot in multiple situation and they rarely do the whole hollywood thing, with Tarantino-esque blood spurts. 'Commentators' such as Freedom Fighter 2127 is simply verbalising his ignorance without any sort of fact-checking filter or experience to back it up... Maybe the local Sheriff department in Virginia likes to dress up like soldiers with excessive weaponry and equipment, but he cannot be bothered check, and is probably one of the first to complain about the militarisation of the police....

Or, perhaps, watch a Youtube video of a deer being shot by a hunter.

Completely agree - not that I suggest watching animals being shot by anyone should be entertainment, nor the actual shooting of the animals, but from what I have seen they are often shot with large caliber rounds with exotic expanding qualities and they run like Priests from an orphanage....

So yes, people run after being wounded by gunfire; not everyone bleeds excessively from a gunshot wound; cops in the US sometimes wear silly clothes; he did not seem that black to me, if one is permitted to make such an observation; and there is nothing in the sickening videos that suggests trickery or malfeasance in any way.

7/7, Charlie Hebdo, Sandy Hook, The Oslo Youth Camp, the Aussie Cafe siege... to the CT mind there are no terrorists, no random nutters, no acts of God. Planes don't crash anymore, they are shot down, chemical plants never have industrial accidents, its space weapons or sabotage.

Youtube is just a depository for the ignorant to place their rambling nonsense and demonstrate their skepticism that bad things can happen without the illuminati.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Maybe the local Sheriff department in Virginia likes to dress up like soldiers with excessive weaponry and equipment
more likely Roanoke SWAT or whatever they call their "tactical response" people down there.Virginia state police were heavily geared up too but they seemed to be in green.
53740c5db682b.image.jpg

but the 'military looking' guys werent geared up.. as far as the pics the CTs are circulating.
swat.png

Attachments

• vsp.PNG
    vsp.PNG
    266.3 KB · Views: 234

Hevach

Senior Member.
I think the usual Shock and Adrenaline repsonse is appropriate, and a link to badassoftheweek.com's numerous accounts of soldiers, athletes, and just regular joes performing ultimate acts of human greatness in the brief window before they go into a coma from blood loss.

Like an overheating engine, the human body never performs as well as it does in the last few seconds before it breaks completely, and if a bullet doesn't drop somebody immediately or perforate something really important, the adrenaline response is the body's Konami Code - people in shock lift more, run faster, and fight harder than even they themselves believed possible, if only for a short time before the injury overtakes them.

Last edited:

occams rusty scissor

Senior Member.
and if a bullet doesn't drop somebody immediately or perforate something really important, the adrenaline response is the body's Konami Code

There's an older study from the FBI on this subject (related to the Feds choosing the most appropriate and effective calibre) which covers off on this. Dispels a lot of Hollywood myths such as "stopping power" and what causes incapacitation (or not):
From "handgun wounding factors and effectiveness" from '89. Pretty morbid topic but explains a lot around this subject.

Last edited:

MickeyS

I agree...I thought just from basic observation that the shooter appeared to be aiming his gun while holding a camera (phone? Perhaps) and the way he was shifting his view and his line of sight keeps drifting to try to get it centered, raising his arm like he wanted to make sure he was getting the gun in the shot .... and he was more concerned with getting the shots on film, probably assuming at such close range, he couldn't possibly miss, but in the end it's like patting your head and rubbing your stomach, as soon as those first shots go off and she starts running, I believe he totally missed and the camera goes dark because he realizes he can't do both and sticks the phone in his pocket, and finishes the job, that's why you can still hear what's going on. I know that's not very scientific, but I thought it was kinda obvious that she hadn't been shot yet, and I thought her reflexes were pretty quick, she ran like hell, poor thing

BuffaloCub

I also find the claim that someone in high heels can't run like that. I've seen plenty of women in heels, particularly on nights out, dancing in heels, running for cabs in heels, running down the street to catch up with friends, etc. I mean, once you get used to them it's pretty easy to walk and run in them, especially if you're someone who gets used to wearing them all day.

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
I also find the claim that someone in high heels can't run like that. I've seen plenty of women in heels, particularly on nights out, dancing in heels, running for cabs in heels, running down the street to catch up with friends, etc. I mean, once you get used to them it's pretty easy to walk and run in them, especially if you're someone who gets used to wearing them all day.

High Heel Racing from Berlin

Johnny Finn

I remember watching the film that was captured from the shooter's perspective and noticing that his hand in the film is a bit pale in comparison with some other photos that I've seen of him. Did anyone else notice something like this? Am I seeing wrong?

Bruno D.

Senior Member.
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
E Debunked: Virginia Shooting Hoax Claims - Lack of visible shell casings mean fake gun Conspiracy Theories 22
Bruno D. Debunked: Virginia Journalist Shooter is a White Man Conspiracy Theories 1
Barclay99x UFO sighting 4-18-2015, Virginia Beach Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Possible Explanations for the West Virginia "Mothman" UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
skephu Parallel lines of clouds (Virginia Beach) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Whitebeard Claim: 'Bigfoot' filmed in West Virginia UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 16
Mick West Shooting of Judge Esther Salas's Family Current Events 1
Mick West Cielo Vista Mall Shooting. El Paso Texas Current Events 7
Whitebeard Christchurch (NZ) Mosque Shootings Current Events 20
Rory Thousand Oaks bar shooting Current Events 7
Mick West Pittsburgh synagogue shooting Current Events 8
Mick West Capital Gazette shooting, Maryland Jun 28 2018 Current Events 2
Mick West Explained: Why Some Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shooting Google Search Results Predate the Event Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting Current Events 11
Mick West Las Vegas Shooting Creates Huge Spike in Searches for "False Flag" Current Events 33
Whitebeard Las Vegas Concert Mass Shooting Current Events 91
Mick West 2017 Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting Current Events 18
Pathogen Explained: Angel Colon's Hand Wounds from Orlando Shooting General Discussion 10
T Explained: Orlando shooting green screen claim Conspiracy Theories 11
J Debunked: Sandy Hook Dad Dave Wheeler CAUGHT in SWAT uniform on day of shooting Sandy Hook 102
Fallingdown Debunked: Shooting Stanley Kubrick [Hoax, Not Kubrick] Conspiracy Theories 13
MikeC San Bernardino - false flag accusations start within minutes.... General Discussion 72
Mick West Explained: Large Cigar Shaped Object Caught Shooting Into Storm Cloud In Spain [Reflection] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 12
Mick West Conspiracy Watch: Umpqua Community College Shooting, Roseburg Oregon Conspiracy Theories 90
Mick West Debunked: Chattanooga shooting victim fake Conspiracy Theories 6
Keith Johnson CLAIM: Dispatch Log Shows CT State Police Were at Sandy Hook School Hours Before the Shooting Sandy Hook 1
MikeG Claim: Charleston Shooting was a False Flag Conspiracy Theories 22
Mick West Debunked: Dylann Storm Roof Huffington Post Timestamp before the shooting Conspiracy Theories 33
TEEJ Debunked: Lack of Smoke shows Michael Slager shooting of Walter Scott was Staged General Discussion 7
Steve Funk Claim: Officer Michael Slager was shot with his own taser General Discussion 49
M Bornong Shooting of KCEN-TV Meteorologist Patrick Crawford Contrails and Chemtrails 56
CaptainBeefheart Debunked: Ottawa Shooting Hoax/Shadow's Prove Wrong Times Conspiracy Theories 13
CaptainBeefheart Claim: Fake CPR at Ottawa Shooting Proves Hoax Conspiracy Theories 17
Mike Fl Can someone debunk this? Sandy Hook Shooting 100% Fraud Proof in 2 mins. - Photo Time Analysis Sandy Hook 21
Gary Cook Debunked: 'Gun used in Navy Yard shooting was an assault rifle.' General Discussion 8
Mackdog Fort Hood Shooting 2.0 Conspiracy Theories 1
Oxymoron Debunked: LAX Shooting Strange Witness Account with no ID Conspiracy Theories 7
AluminumTheory Debunked: LAX Shooting Victim was a Mannequin/Dummy Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West LAX Shooting Conspiracy Theories - Los Angeles Airport - False Flag Theories Conspiracy Theories 526
Mick West Santa Monica College (SMC) Shooting near Obama visit Conspiracy Theories 44
katsung47 Newtown school shooting, continuation of Colorado theatre shooting? Sandy Hook 36
Mick West Debunked: Shooting of five in Albuquerque, New Mexico Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West Debunked: Sikh Temple Shooting Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
RevenTexX 2006 Zdany Mazovia, Poland UFO Sighting. UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 23
Nandude Light Fall Off in Apollo Missions - American Moon Documentary Conspiracy Theories 16
Mick West TFTRH #29 - Geoff: Everything is a Hoax, The Earth Might Be Flat Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Whitebeard Debunked: Nibiru FOUND? Mysterious gigantic rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system Science and Pseudoscience 1
P Is Operation Northwoods a hoax? [No, but it's not an "Operation" Either] 9/11 17
Dan Wilson Debunked: Steven Crowder: The AIDS epidemic was a hoax Health and Quackery 9
Related Articles

Related Articles