Vigilant citizen- Hide and Seek movie

Well, since the premise of 'Monarch mind control' is nonsense, it is just folks reading into a movie WHAT they want it to say.

Well, since the premise of 'Monarch mind control' is nonsense,
Is it though? Surely 'Vigilant Citizen' takes it, and its supposed constant representation in the media through butterfly imagery, WAY too far, but I personally don't know enough about the evidence involved (the only evidence I'm aware of is some ex-CIA official who had dealings with MK-Ultra stating, when asked after 'Project Monarch', that they 'stopped all that years ago' in a reference to MK-ultra... suggesting there could be a real connection between the terms, at the very least). You may be absolutely right, but keep in mind Cairenn that the premise of an American government program which subjected adults and children to cruel and abusive experimentation while seeking forms of mind control was nonsense to you a few months ago, until you were informed it was simple fact.

I had heard about many years ago. It was never widespread. You seem to have not understood what I said. I have noticed that folks that hold opposite views, seem to read into comments what they WANT to hear. I am sure I do the same at time.

I had heard about many years ago. It was never widespread.
MK-Ultra, you mean? It was a project involving thousands, spread out over America and Canada. It was rather prevalent, and went on for quite a long time.

You seem to have not understood what I said.
Just now, or in the past? In the past you did express disbelief in the MK-ultra project. Maybe I misinterpreted that, but at the time you did seem to be unaware of it.

I have noticed that folks that hold opposite views, seem to read into comments what they WANT to hear. I am sure I do the same at time.
Yeah, it's not uncommon to read things into a comment that weren't intended. Typically if I feel like I might be doing it I ask directly 'Is THIS what you're saying?', rather than presuming it is, as I'm sure you recall me doing in the past.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong.. maybe the 'project monarch' thing is all pure nonsense. I simply don't know enough about it to speak with any certainty on the subject, and certainty cant put it past the CIA to keep a branch of such studies/pursuits alive in some form or another. It's also entirely possible that some of the sick fucks who would undoubtedly have been involved in such a project might have gone on after it was over to other pursuits in which techniques gleaned could be put to use, without any 'evil cabal' oversight whatsoever. Just a bunch of bastards who learned methods for exploiting people and continued to put those methods to more private use. I don't know. Could well be. And while I can say, almost without a doubt, that it's nowhere near as widespread and all-pervasive as Vigilant Citizen suggests, I can't say with any level of certainty that it doesn't exist. Can you, honestly?

In any event, I quite enjoyed Vigilant's analysis of the movie. Having seen this flick, and having thought very little of it other than to think it a bit creepy in its treatment of Fanning's character, it was interesting to see someone attributing a deeper subtext too it. I thought his pointing out DeNiro's odd handling of the butterflies (which were completely out of season I seem to recall) as a reference to a 'handler' in his massive Monarch Mind Control plot was a really interesting connection... false connection most likely, but a really interesting one none the less. I tend to prefer it when he focuses on music/advertising though, as a lot of what he has to say about that I can get behind, and a lot of the stuff he points out I'd surely never have seen/heard about.

Back