Utah Drone video of UFO [Probably an insect]

igoddard

Here's a youtuber who caught no doubt the same UFO effect caused by a bug zipping past a drone camera. This should jump to the time (2:06) where a red circle tracks it...

You can make out the wings on this bug in freeze frames. The phenomenon seems to be sunlit bugs getting imaged as very white with a dark background. Apparently he didn't notice another bug that passes in the full footage seconds after the spot I'm time-targeting here.

jarlrmai

I was watching a video on YT of medieval longbows and such and noticed this

7:24-7:26

An insect coming through frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fin

Dandelion seed pod or something similar was my first guess, months ago, when this first surfaced. Falcon was another one I explored but I've over a decade of experience with falcons, including photographing them. Dandelion seedpod I stuck with. And then we have this.. Skip to 12:02. Notice several similarities:

Same rough altitude
Same rough geographical location (dandelions are perennial and have varied habitats, including the U.S.)
Same color of object
Same sort of speed
Same sort of "incredible maneuvers" displayed *(but its just wind blowing a light object)

The shape of our object is more obvious and identifiable in my example. I don't think it takes much imagination to consider how our Utah ufo might be the same thing, just appearing slightly differently due to differences in lighting, camera, speed & angle of approach. I reject declarations that the Utah object dips behind the distant treeline. (a) the resolution isn't high enough to tell (b) it could just be a close, small object, rotating as its blown, the changing perspective resulting in moments when the camera cannot resolve the object. My dandelion example below is entirely consistent with this.. The nature of the windblown dandelion seed means it does indeed rotate while being blown in the wind, and that rotation does indeed lead to different perspectives, some of which render it momentarily no longer visible... This effect increases with distance.

For me its case closed.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6MpqPe2-mg&feature=youtu.be&t=718

Both insect are bird are easier to identify either because they're nearer camera or they're bigger than our "UFO" (or that's neither insect or bird, but a seed or something like that).

That quite recalls the Utah "UFO", but seen in detail I'd bet that's a bird. At some point you can guess its wings.

At 2:04 you have a second such object, probably another bird.

WhoIsJayLamm

Hello, I recently did a photo/video analysis of the Beaver, UT UFO video. I have a background in planetarium production and writing scripts for science shows. I deal mainly in Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, 3DS Max, and Blender.
I'll do a video and photo analysis in an effort to determine if this is captured in camera, or comped in; also try to determine if it is the size and traveling at the speed which people claim.

Source: https://youtu.be/o4bqTlwLwwA

jarlrmai

I watched it, here's a precisis

Initial view is it's a composite due to lack of shadow and effects of "ship" air displacement on trees, drone etc (of course alient craft proponents will claim that it uses some novel propulsion/force field that eliminate these effects and the sonic boom etc)

Notices the black outlines (maybe just a sharpening halo?) thinking it could be shadows or something.
"If it were a composite they did great job" most of the video is basically using PS filters and effects to check hue/luminance/saturation of object versus environment concluding this was captured in camera based on apparent experience of creating composites themselves. This is approx 23 mins of the video.

Conclusion is because there were no shadow/displacement of trees and it was in camera it is likely a small, close object (like a bird etc) and mentions the it's a falcon theory.

Fin

Against the falcon theory is this: They stoop at great speeds, yes,,,, vertically! Thanks to gravity. But then once gliding horizontally the speed will drop quickly. Gravity is a thing. We see no flapping of wings. Even if we did, and even if it was a peregrine, it would not be able to achieve this speed and maintain it horizontally. If the object was the size of a falcon it would not travel this far, at such a speed, horizontally. Period. The visuals are much more consistent with a very nearby, small, lightly coloured object. Such as a dandelion, which are perennial and grow around the world.

Skip to 12 mins, then imagine it blowing towards us horizontally, rather than coming upwards at us.

Source: https://youtu.be/D6MpqPe2-mg?t=718

Last edited:
Such as a dandelion, which are perennial and grow around the world.
Not sure if you've seen Rob Lewis's latest video on the Beaver UFO - but he visits the location and finds there is indeed a lot of "fluff" floating around. There are a lot of cottonwood trees in the area (and, indeed, dandelions).

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
M Cigar shaped UFO over Angels Landing, Utah [Probably Starlink] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
edby View across Utah Lake Flat Earth 34
R Utah "Flat Eath" Frozen Lake Experiment Shows Light Visible over Longer Distance than Expected Flat Earth 8
Mick West Debunked: Photo claiming to be Iraqi Chemical WMDs in Syria [Photo is actually in Utah] General Discussion 11
Mick West Possible Bolide Contrail over Utah. Oct 2 2014 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Jesse3959 Triangle UFO Laredo, Texas - Recreated using a Drone UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 1
Mick West St Ives Bay UFO On Hayle Beach [Probably a Drone] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
B Odd, shiny rectangular object over Montréal's suburbs (Drone?/Balloon?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West Plane Shaped "Drone" Caught on Camera. Mead, NE - Cessna Caravan? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Z.W. Wolf "Drone" Photo over Colorado - Actually a Boeing 737 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
Mick West Mysterious drone swarms over Colorado and Nebraska - Chasing Venus? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 40
Christophe Isbert Quadcopter/RC model? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Kriss3d Can You Validate Earth's Curvature with a Drone? Flat Earth 14
Justin Shaw New strange drone footage - small white objects moving fast UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 30
MikeC Drone disruption at Gatwick... General Discussion 1
Laurdhavemercy UFO.. drone maybe? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Mackdog Trying to Identify a plane I saw Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
CeruleanBlu UFO spotted February 27 in Miami Florida [Drone?] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 27
Oxymoron Leaked: Drone Kill List: Authority to kill American citizens has no geographic limit Conspiracy Theories 11
J White dot in top left of Gimbal video UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 2
bird_up "Gimbal UFO video rendered in 3D" by Abominati0n UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
M 'UFO' video just shows contrail formation? Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Mike Lindell's 2-Hour Election Fraud Claim Video "Absolute Proof": Hacking Claims Election 2020 7
Mick West Debunked: Video of Poll Worker "Filling In" Ballots. Election 2020 3
Trailblazer Reutlingen Fake UFO Video 2013 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
V GIMBAL Video: Simulating the ATFLIR Tracking and Gimbal Rotation UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 20
Rocky Gettysburg 'ghosts’ run across road [Windscreen smudge] General Discussion 4
D Falmouth "Shadow Creature" Video [Black Cat?] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 10
G Belarus demonstration video Current Events 2
M Fast moving object "intersecting clouds" in Hungarian YouTuber's video [Insect] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
U Looking for debunkings of the “Plandemic” video Coronavirus COVID-19 17
Jesse3959 Being seen from space - methods to demonstrate that sats are real and provide live video? Flat Earth 6
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Wizard Mexican Air Force UFO Video? [Oil Rigs] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Original Flir1, Gimbal, and Go Fast UFO "Raw" Video Files UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 33
Mick West Simulating the Nimitz UFO video as a blurry plane UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 51
jarlrmai UFO video in Arizona from Reddit Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
mudr0 Need Debunking: Video claiming zigzaggin objects and movement prove EVA filmed in pool General Discussion 33
Mick West Blowing out Candles with a Single Punch General Discussion 47
Mick West Some New-ish WTC7 Photos (and video?) Corner Damage 9/11 6
B Bob Lazar 1989 Video Analysis Method UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
Mick West NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 452
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
Related Articles

Related Articles