Using railways to view curvature

This might have been done before. I'm thinking railways, with their long straight stretches, might actually yield visible curvature. There should absolutely be, at least in the U.S. or Australia, long enought straight stretches to test this. I tried it at my local train station, but , sadly there's a hill right at the town exit ( it's a line's end, so there's only one outbound line

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
You couldn't. This was suggested before, I think somewhere on Metabunk (I could not find it though, buried in a thread). The bottom line is that there's way more variation in a "flat" section of railroad than you realize. Unless it's going over a dry lake bed or a causeway over water, then there's always a variety of slopes along the way. Revealed if you do an elevation profile in Google Earth.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Wiggles Measuring the radius of Earth using Long Range Observations (LROs) Flat Earth 0
Z.W. Wolf Claim: Martin Gugino Was Using a "Police Tracker." Conspiracy Theories 42
Mick West Measuring 5G EMF and using ICNIRP Guidelines 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 14
Cassi O Google Maps Measure Distance Using Great Circle Flat Earth 0
danno Using a very long water level to measure Earth's curvature Flat Earth 16
George Tasker Using pin hole lenses to debunk CGI Rebuttals of Photos of Earth Curvature Flat Earth 7
Mick West Kai Kostack's WTC7 Collapse Simulation using BCB and Blender 9/11 10
T FE balloon video curvature analysis using Blender Flat Earth 4
Rory How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes Flat Earth 59
Rory Using Mountain Ranges to Predict the Shape of the Earth Flat Earth 11
Bill Statler "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence": practical problems using this argument Practical Debunking 3
ki_cz NASA using green screen to fake ISS experiment footage Science and Pseudoscience 14
Balance Taurus Molecular Cloud Generator - actually an oil field firefighter Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Leifer Using comedy to reverse, or promote bunk Practical Debunking 10
M Claim: MH17 was shot down by separatists using BUK stolen from Ukraine army Flight MH17 32
Leifer Video Capture using VLC ?? Site Feedback & News 8
Eric Wayne KFC Mutant Chicken Hoax using my own Photoshop Hatchet Work General Discussion 7
Libertarian Claims Ukranian military using civilian planes as cover Flight MH17 72
Trailspotter Using Google Earth Identify Contrails and other Objects in the Sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Pete Tar Debunked: Using 13.56Mhz radio waves and HAARP to remove Methane from the Atmosphere HAARP 7
Panopticon_ISIS Using the term "debunking" Practical Debunking 10
Cairenn Debunked: Mercedes-Benz using chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Using Campaign Finance Reform to Debunk Conspiracy Theories Practical Debunking 25
Mattnik 'John Brennan Sworn in as CIA Director Using Constitution Lacking Bill of Rights' General Discussion 10
U Using drones to spray chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Debunked: "war of perception... conducted continuously using the news media" Quotes Debunked 1
edby View across Utah Lake Flat Earth 34
Soundly A Side View of the Curvature of the Earth at Lake Pontchartrain Flat Earth 55
RichT A View From the Rabbit Hole. Practical Debunking 9
Rory Debunked: View of Blue Ridge Mountains impossible on spherical earth Flat Earth 95
DJC Explained: The View of Toronto from Hamilton [600+ feet up] Flat Earth 53
C Debunked: Boston bombing recovery photo makes no sense from medical point of view Conspiracy Theories 47
scombrid Satellite View of Central Florida Fallstreaks 12-12-2014 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Debunked: Giant Bird In Flight On Mars Caught In NASA Billion Pixel View UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 31
Related Articles

Related Articles