UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites (Malmstrom)

Jason

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/23/aliens-monitoring-nukes-worry-ex-air-force-officers/
http://www.citizenhearing.org/witnesses_robert_s.html
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=utamtXmxX8E

I didn't know where to discuss this sort of thing since it happened almost half a century ago, and I couldn't find anything about this on this forum. I've never been one to believe in aliens or UFO's, but I have to be honest this kind of gave me the chills. I was watching tv with my wife last night on the science channel and this topic came on. A captain in the US Airforce claims a UFO shut down our nuclear missile site at Malmstrom AFB in Montana in 1967.
He discusses this with Fox News;
Does anyone know the about the validity of these sightings? Is Captain Salas lying about what he witnessed?

Last edited by a moderator:

WeedWhacker

I am actually intrigued by these stories.

Perhaps a personal infatuation....but, as always, I require facts before rendering an opinion.

Since it is indisputable that we live, in just this ONE galaxy (of billions), and in just this ONE galaxy there are (at minimum) 100 BILLION stars...and as we are learning, MANY stars may have planets that orbit, similar to OUR Solar System....the question then becomes:

IN the vast amount of time that is known to be part of our Universe....isn't it logical to presume that 'IF' intelligence can evolve...that WE may not be the "first"....to evolve intelligence?

Jason

THAT is a good question!
I think the question is why would a captain in the US Air Force lie about what he witnessed. What benefit does he stand to gain by doing this? There's no doubt in my mind that the CIA was instrumental in using UFO's as a ploy to divert attention away from their top secret projects. But when Salas experienced these events, at the time I don't think he was thinking aliens. He expressed concern that it was possibly Russian technology, and because the 10 minute men missiles at his site deactivated, he was worried that the entire nation could be under attack. I don't see that as not being a possible concern at the time. I mean these were the most powerful weapons in the US arsenal at the time, and they were secured in such a way that no outside interference could disarm them. We can see that all 10 in fact did disarm, and there was no known cause for it besides the fact that it happened. I believe most events can be explained away, but for some reason this event is more believable because of the source.

Last edited:

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Well my question was how were they determined to be malfunctioning? What malfunctioned? Do missiles have some kind of active running program when they're just sitting there that was interfered with?

I see you've said they were disarmed - can you give some technical detail on what this actually means and how it was determined they were disarmed?

Jason

Well my question was how were they determined to be malfunctioning? What malfunctioned? Do missiles have some kind of active running program when they're just sitting there that was interfered with?

I see you've said they were disarmed - can you give some technical detail on what this actually means and how it was determined they were disarmed?
I'm sorry the missile systems shut down, not disarmed.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Well that was in the news in 2010. And it is unfortunately just their word, there doesn't appear to be any corroborating evidence for these events.
However, it is unclear to me what evidence that proves their claims was actually presented - anyone know what it was?
This page has various press-releases of the event on the 27th sep 2010 but they're short on any details of proof, they just repeat the claims.
http://www.wanttoknow.info/ufos/ufos_national_press_club_witness_testimony

So unfortunately without further information it's just a story about a group of people saying what they believe. They could be right, they could be mistaken, they could be victims of being out of the loop of classified information.

I would also note that the idea is a powerful one that captures the imagination, and it's very similar to The Day The Earth Stood Still which was made in the 50's, which these people would probably all be familiar with on some level.
They could be (mis) interpreting phenomena in a way that fits with that.

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
also Salas, who was only in the airforce 3 years at the time of the 1967 incident, did not actually SEE anything as he was in the [bunker?]. sounds like all his information is 2nd or 3rd hand. someone should read his book.

a bit concerning this 'has been happening' for 40 years and this group has only got this far? ; /

That said, according to the wargames movie, Joshua could shut down the missiles.

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
We are left with several possibilities :

1) Lies by the witnesses
2) delusions
3) confusions
4) exaggerations
5) misconceptions
6) Intentional deception by others
7) a combination of some or all of the above.

I vote #7. Why, because when I have investigated events where human opinions are the major components of the evidence, that is what I normally found.

Last edited:

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
We are left with several possibilities :

1) Lies by the witnesses
2) delusions
3) confusions
4) exaggerations
5) misconceptions
7) a combination of some or all of the above.

I vote #7. Why, because when I have investigated events where human opinions are the major components of the evidence, that is what I normally found.
You forgot 8) Alien intervention. :)

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
You forgot 8) Alien intervention. :)
Yes, I see how it could be an additional option.

1) Lies by the witnesses
2) delusions
3) confusions
4) exaggerations
5) misconceptions
7) Alien intervention.
8) a combination of some or all of the above.;)

deirdre

Senior Member.
Yes, I see how it could be an additional option.

1) Lies by the witnesses
2) delusions
3) confusions
4) exaggerations
5) misconceptions
7) Alien intervention.
8) a combination of some or all of the above.;)
was Mothman around back then? I'm not sure I believe aliens would 'attack' in a red pulsating ship. seems a bit flashy.

cosmic

Senior Member.

Attachments

• 42303580-Echo-Flights-of-Fantasy-Anatomy-of-a-UFO-Hoax-by-James-Carlson.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

JRBids

Senior Member.
My question would be why no contact? Why no appearing where more people can see them? It's just not logical to me.

Your right because we don't know exactly what a UFO is or who is commanding it makes them mysterious.
When 10,000 people see a black triangle hover above phoenix arizona for example it is impossible to say exactly what this technology is or where it came from but it ain't from earth thats for sure

My question would be why no contact?

Good question, We can only speculate .. There is a tribe of people in the amazon that haven't made contact with human beings yet. People have flown over and taken photographs of them , I wonder if they are asking the same question why don't these sky people make contact?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
Well it is demonstrably *not* a solid object.

And the claim of restricted airspace seems bogus.
http://badufos.blogspot.com.au/search?q=phoenix+lights

NoParty

Senior Member.
The triangle was silent,hovering,the size of several football fields and definitely not military aircraft.
So, which of these witnesses are you claiming as credible?

The ones that say "a couple of miles wide" (10,560 feet) or those that say "several football fields" (900 feet), --a craft less than 1/11 (~8.5%) that size?

edited #s…my calculator battery just died!

Last edited:
What footage ? As I said thousands of witnesses witnessed a silent hovering black triangle, the lights are irrelevant to that fact as the object could have turned on or off any lights .

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Matt33 UFOs filmed from ISS. Starlink Satellites? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Mick West The Epistemology of UFOs - No Longer a Matter of Belief? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 15
Mick West Debunked: Pentagon has Evidence of "Off-World Vehicles Not Made on this Earth" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 14
D [Possible explanation] Kevin Day (Nimitz tictac ufos) radar encounter UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 9
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West TFTRH #34 - Stian Arnesen: Debunking, Censorship, 9/11, and UFOs Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 0
TheoryQED El ROsario UFO spawning smaller UFOs- Filmed from two angles simultaneously [CGI] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West "UAP" Causes Lockdown of White House UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West TFTRH #25 - Jason Bermas: Producer of Loose Change, Shade, Invisible Empire Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Mick West TFTRH #24: Nick Pope – Area 51, UFOs and UFOlogy Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 13
Mick West TFTRH #23: Ian/TheoryQED: UFOs, Government Cover-ups, and Alien Visitors. Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 32
Mick West Are the Navy UFOs "Real," or just in the Low Information Zone? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 31
Mick West TFTRH #22: Seth Shostak: SETI Senior Astronomer: ETs, UFO "Disclosure" Area 51 Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 3
Mick West Explained: "UFOS" in Donald Trump's Crowd Photo on 4th of July UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West TFTRH #3 & #4 - Stian Arnesen, 9/11, Crop Circles, and Debunkers Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 28
Mick West "Golden Orb" Daytime Reflective Sphere UFOs in Photos UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 42
Mick West UFOs Filmed from Moving Helicopters and Planes. Not So Fast! UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 8
Mick West Multiple UFOs Fly Across Moon- Birds? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Mick West Explained: A Dozen Or More Southern Valley UFOs UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West The role of Canopy reflections in Pilot Accounts of UFOs UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 11
Mick West Purple UFOs/Beams in Arizona [Insects] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Trailblazer "UFOs" in sky over London [internal camera reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
mickbubbamack Ufos Spokane Washington air show July 2017 [Birds] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ruben Lianza Aguadilla Infrared Footage of 'UFOs' - Hot Air Wedding Lanterns Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 26
Mick West Some Perspective on Perspective Foreshortening - Contrails and UFOs Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Mick West Argentina's Committee for Aerospace Phenomenae Research (CEFAe) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Explained: Moon Terminator/Shadow UFOs UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
ki_cz "UFOs" from plane over Chicago Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Santa's sidekick Chemtrails, NWO, and UFOs: How many believers do these CTs have? General Discussion 72
Sagittarius The Ariel School, Zimbabwe UFO sighting - has it ever been debunked? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 27
Mick West Identifying Landing Lights Reported as UFOs Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 38
CapnPegleg Debunked: Boyd Bushman, Area 51 scientist, claims existence of aliens in deathbed video [Hoax] Conspiracy Theories 16
Mick West Debunked: Chemtrail "Laser Line" and 4 UFOs Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Rroval Video: US Government Admits UFOs in Press Conference | Disclosure UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
sgirl Col. Richard French of the USAF States his Job was to Debunk UFOs - Citizen Hearing Conspiracy Theories 6
George B Debunk Bigelow Aerospace is Obsessed with UFOs and ETs General Discussion 11
Mick West Debunked: Denver UFOs [Insects] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 11
tryblinking Dead birds? UFOs? Chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West ATS: UFOs? No UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
Mick West Explained: UFOs that look like flares or fireworks [Aerobatic planes with wingtip pyrotechnics] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West Debunked: Cargo Plane Carrying "Nukes" to Korea [French Air Display] General Discussion 5
P Debunked: NASA Nukes Alien Moonbase UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
Bill Statler "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence": practical problems using this argument Practical Debunking 3
Mick West Debunked: Alien Pilot The Extraordinary Plane, UFO In Transformation Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Related Articles

Related Articles