Ufo over Ibiza: meteor, missile, rocket or simply contrails? [Contrail. Maybe Flight VY2425]

jonnyH

Senior Member.
Comment from the video on youtube:

The translation is a bit rough but it seems to dismiss the possibility that it is a meteorite. Not sure whether they are saying it is, or isn't likely to be a rocket or a missile. From the time of day and the shadows I'm guessing its travelling roughly from west to east which is consistent with flight paths over the island.

Looks like a contrail to me, but I'm no expert.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I'm an expert :) It looks and moves exactly like a short contrail. There's nothing to suggest it's not a contrail. It's simply people unfamiliar with seeing short contrails in that position in the sky.

Compare it against another contrail, not quite the same, but the same kind of thing:

Looks somewhat like a 747 contrail, but hard to tell at that size. Something like this, but from really far away:

Some similar short plane contrails:

If it were at sunset, then they would think it was a fireball.
http://contrailscience.com/short-sunlit-contrails-look-like-ufos/

Last edited:

jonnyH

Senior Member.
probably this Ryanair 737?

Attachments

• ibiza ufo 2.tiff
    422.4 KB · Views: 853
  • ibiza ufo.tiff
    464 KB · Views: 880

jonnyH

Senior Member.
Now I'm confused.

I perhaps should have read the article linked in the OP earlier rather than just viewing the video. It states that the "UFO" was travelling west.

In the clip, the sun is clearly on their backs, its the early evening so that puts the sun in the west which means they must be looking east, right?

I think I got the time wrong too.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
This appears to be in Ibiza, pointing west: I think that it might be a recreation, done the next morning.

Last edited:

jonnyH

Senior Member.
what to make of this?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
what to make of this?
Changes of direction look a lot more dramatic at a shallow angle. Also people's sense of direction can be confused if they don't realize it's in level flight - it looks like it's flying "down".

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I can't get the GPS track, but I overlaid the above track in google earth at 11,000m, and it seems a very good match

View from space:

View from Ibiza airport:

I'm 99% sure this is the plane.

jonnyH

Senior Member.
Sterling work as ever Mick, certainly fits the description.

I'm surprised no one noticed it was a plane with the benefit of this fancy bit of kit though:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Sterling work as ever Mick, certainly fits the description.

I'm surprised no one noticed it was a plane with the benefit of this fancy bit of kit though:

I doubt they actually saw it with that. They are highly unlikely to use that in the daytime. I think the article might just be referring to them having seem meteorites before.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
I can't get the GPS track, but I overlaid the above track in google earth at 11,000m, and it seems a very good match

View from space:

View from Ibiza airport:

I'm 99% sure this is the plane.

I am sceptical about the plane identification for two reasons. First, the contrail image suggests that the plane had more than two engines. Second, on the straight-away, blue section of the VY2425 track the plane still was climbing up (and below 29 000 ft), but the absence of notable changes of the contrail shape and size in the video suggests it was a level flight. It could be a different plane that was not on Flightradar24, possibly, a military one.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I'm less sure now. Particularly because of the number of apparent trails. But it does match the time and position fairly well.

Jazzy

Closed Account
I have just seen cloud formations looking like contrails, but aligned in groups vertically, horizontally, and at a certain set angle between the two positions.

I was sunning myself (think Galapagos Lizard), facing upward through four moving air regimes, the top two at right angles to each other, and the lower two diametrically opposed.

High speed stratospheric air streamed down into linked vortices, and thermal activity working from beneath fed up in vertical vortices to unroll into horizontal mini streets rolling along the haze-top.

Contrails are vortexed clouds, and Nature can produce vortices too. The air was on the point of saturation, and wherever this activity (rotation) occurred the local temperature fell and water vapor condensed out.

Sorry, no pics, and way OT perhaps. :)

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
M Do Ibiza and Mallorca prove a Flat Earth? [No, they demonstrate the curve of the globe] Flat Earth 24
Rory Debunked: Eric Dubay "Flat Earth Proof" #13 Flat Earth 23
derrick06 Mystery object in Ibiza Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
B Slow meteor at a distance Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Arugula Apparent Meteor in Southern California - Jan 29 2020 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West A streak of light in a star trails image Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailblazer 2012 Western Australia "meteor" identified? (contrail) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Whitebeard Bright 'St. Patrick's Day' meteor over UK Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Balance Suspected Meteor fireball photographed Gloucester UK 9 March 2014 [Sunset Contrail] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
D Meteor or Contrail? Contrails and Chemtrails 8
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
F Nimitz Tic-Tac Fravor/Dietrich Encounter - Missile Hypothesis UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 65
Mick West A "cruise missile type of thing" spotted by AA2292 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 62
Mick West Debunked: "Missile Strike" caused Nashville Explosion General Discussion 3
Mick West Russia Predicts US Will Use Fake Chemical Attack In Syria as Pretext for Missile Attacks Current Events 9
Mick West Explained: Washington State Island "Mystery missile" - Helicopter Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 49
Mick West Hawaii Ballistic Missile False Alarm Current Events 13
StarGazer Claim: First Image of Space Taken from V-2 Rocket Proves the Earth is Flat Flat Earth 17
S Claim: Russian radar would have picked up MH17 missile Flight MH17 15
TWCobra AA77-Pentagon explosion plume compared to known aircraft fires 9/11 0
U MH17 Missile/Plane Intersection Simulation Flight MH17 23
TEEJ Contrails during Russian Navy Cruise Missile Strike in Syria, 2015 Contrails and Chemtrails 3
M Solved: MH17: is this part of a missile? [Concrete Grinding Pads] Flight MH17 13
Franckly Debunked: MH17 Air to air missile Assumption ? [Unrelated 35° angle] Flight MH17 25
WeeBee MH17: Pinpointing the precise location of the missile impact point Flight MH17 53
Jason Debunked: MH17: Supposed satellite video of missile launch [Fake] Flight MH17 14
Jason Evidence for the Buk missile launch site Flight MH17 24
TEEJ MH17: Evidence a Missile was Used. Shrapnel, etc. Flight MH17 448
Mick West "Strange Lights" over Hawaii [Aegis Ashore SM-3 Missile Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
T Fake 9/11 footage of cruise missile hitting pentagon 9/11 15
joelb79 Video shows missile hitting West Texas fertilizer plant Conspiracy Theories 272
Oxymoron Norway Spiral. Was it Really a Failed Missile Launch or Was it HAARP (EISCAT) Conspiracy Theories 36
Mick West Debunked: 'UFO' Missile Streaks Over California Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Debunked: Cruise Missile painted like American Airlines 9/11 25
Pogopoint99 Missile Launch General Discussion 0
Related Articles

Related Articles