UAP V video by Jorge Arteaga

The law of conservation of momentum does preclude it. There is nothing that could accelerate a floating object to a velocity greater than the aircraft without leverage, which air is notably short of.

Nothing? There are propellors pumping plenty of energy into the air constantly. And at the moment, as you yourself have already stated, we don't know if the velocity is greater than the aircraft, as we don't know the size and distance of the object.

Nothing? There are propellors pumping plenty of energy into the air constantly. And at the moment, as you yourself have already stated, we don't know if the velocity is greater than the aircraft, as we don't know the size and distance of the object.
If the second object comes from behind, it overtakes the aircraft, and is therefore faster.

If the second object comes from behind, it overtakes the aircraft, and is therefore faster.
We don't really know what manoevres the plane was attempting. After it had just passed an object of interest, there's every reason to believe it would want to get the object back alongside it, which would be considered a movement forwards relative to the position and direction of the plane, even if it wasn't moving at all.

We don't really know what manoevres the plane was attempting.
Yes, but we know how it did maneouver because we can see the river, mountains, and clouds in the background. At the end of the video at the top of post #1, the pilot banks and turns left by no more than 20⁰, I'd say.

This clip was filmed from inside a cockpit, apparently with curved glass.

Perhaps the second speck is a reflection of the first, showing the object as it retreats behind the plane. I note that there are a number of other hazy reflections in the glass, which might be reflections of clouds behind the plane. This would make the identification as a balloon more likely.

Note that the second object is just a speck, and can only be detected by slowing down the clip at maximum size.

Thanks, NorcalDave. This more clearly shows what I was asking about. It shows a lot of movement by the object or another object both at the beginning and the end of the video you have see. I would appreciate you taking a look.

I don't know Bill, I think the "object" at the beginning is just that, the balloon. It's in the distance and so quite small. Unlike old film cameras that you and I grew up with, it's my understanding that modern camera phones don't just "film" or record what is in front of them, rather there is a lot of software operating in the background.

I believe that is especially true when they are in video mode, there is some stabilization going on. The camera-phone can't physically stabilize itself, so it's done with software. For us luddites, my understanding is that the software compares adjacent pixels on the sensors and tries to predict or fill in other adjacent pixels as needed to make the resulting video appear smoother.

So, if I were to move creating a blurry image, the software will try to analyze what the scene looked like before I moved and maybe when I stopped moving. Then it will try to extrapolate what the scene could have looked like while I was moving and use that result to try to smooth out or sharpen the otherwise blurry scene. I think.

I'm thinking something like that is going on here. The balloon is tiny in the distance, the plane is moving, the camera is handheld in flying plane and the background is a mottled mix of clouds and sky. At first the balloon is too far away to be picked up by the camera sensor but as it gets closer it begins to resolve as a small dot.

At that point the software is trying to stabilize the video and isn't sure what to do with a small dot against a mottled sky. At this point here the dot actually becomes 2:

1684444572196.png

I guess one could argue that its multiple UAPs with cloaking devices or interdimensional crafts moving between dimensions, but if you watch the slowed down version, I think it's just the software trying to figure it out. So, it appears as 2 for a moment, then appears to jump or move a bit. Note that some of the cloud formations are doing something similar and that the balloon appears to vanish when the background clouds become darker. This is the software getting confused by what's there.

As it gets closer and therefore bigger, it clearly becomes the balloon, and the software can now clearly discern it.

Others on here know much more about camera software than I do. I'll look at some more when I get a chance.

I would appreciate you taking a look.

As I mentioned in post #46:

At that point the software is trying to stabilize the video and isn't sure what to do with a small dot against a mottled sky.
I neglected to add, this also works in reverse. When this video was uploaded it may have been compressed, intentionally, unintentionally or out of control of the poster.

By unintentionally or out of control, I mean when they uploaded, they didn't realize the resolution that was being used or couldn't change it. I uploaded my first video to YouTube for some friends a few months ago. After working on it for some time and finishing up, iMovie gave me the option to save my project in a format for YouTube, so that's what I did. When I watched it, it looked horrible, with lots of video artifacts and fuzzy images.

Turned out iMovie defaults to an upload resolution of 480p, which is equivalent to an old '70s TV. My video had been recorded and edited in a resolution of 1080i (or there abouts). A higher resolution means more information. Each frame of video at 1080i contains at least twice the information of a frame of video a resolution of 480p. So, to convert a frame of video from 1080i to 480p, the information content has to be compressed.

The compression software has to look at various pixels in each frame and try to anticipate what it will look like in the next frame, if it's close enough, it just fills it in and deletes the information for that pixel. If this happens enough, we get the artifacts and things we see in this video.

By intentionally, I mean if I were trying to be a mystery-monger, I would purposefully upload my vide on a lower resolution to create confusion and create mystery.

Back