Trails of a different kind

Balance

Senior Member.
If anyone wants to exercise their inner Sherlock on this, I'll add a
Long-exposure capturing the International Space Station while a DA42 Twinstar climbs and turns out of the airport
for those that give up or get impatient.

Taken locally and posted on FB today. There's clues in the pic (if you know what you're looking at!) but what sort of trails are these?

Efftup

Senior Member.
I can see lots of sets of little beads on the trails on the right.

It must be an alien Lizard Rosary.

benben

Obviously a time lapse photo, but of what I have no idea, sure looks cool though

And now, after looking at the spoiler, I have to say ... Wow, that's neat

Trailblazer

Staff member
I knew what the
plane
was, but I didn't notice the
ISS
at first!

And here is a photo I took of the latter last winter (Christmas Eve 2014 to be precise). Not the sharpest of shots, as I was holding the camera propped up on a car roof!

iss.jpg

Trailblazer

Staff member
so basically the
plane
trail is the
lights on the wings
, right?
Yes, I think those are the
lights
on the
wingtips
. They
flash
in various
patterns
. These ones seem to have
four
quick
flashes
then a longer
pause

:p

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West A streak of light in a star trails image Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Explained: Mysterious lights over Milwaukee [Seagulls, Night Exposure Trails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
Mick West Explained: "Smoke Trails" On 9/11 World Trade Center Falling Debris [Dust/Powder] 9/11 10
R Trails from the back of Fighter Jets Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
P Can someone please explain these trails at sunset [Contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
Ric Werme Curious effect over commercial airplane wing. I suspect reflections from ice Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 58
steve holmes Sacramento sky trails morning Oct 7th [Normal Air Traffic] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 31
MikeC New Zealand CAA puts up "Aircraft Trails" page Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Mick West 1952 - Condensation Trails From Aircraft - With a 1937 Persistent Contrail Photo - Oldest Ever? Contrails and Chemtrails 3
skephu Parallel lines of clouds (Virginia Beach) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Multiple Parallel Trails over Reno, Nevada [KC-10 and F-16s] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
CeruleanBlu CBS San Fransico local news story about Marine Cloud Brightening Project. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Two Short Parallel Trails from one Plane Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Trailspotter Strange cloud formation in South Indian Ocean Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
Trailspotter Multiple parallel contrails near Canberra Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
L Photos of trails over Switzerland [back to the 1970s] and Chemical Analysis of Jacuzzi Cover Water Contrails and Chemtrails 18
MyMatesBrainwashed BBC - Longer flights to curb vapour trails Contrails and Chemtrails 144
Mick West A Systematic Attempt to Measure Air Traffic Levels and Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West San Diego: Two jets in formation with independent on/off trails [Fuel Dump] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 71
Dylmar Low flying plane leaving trails that don't come from the engines [Fuel dump, Continental flight 009] Contrails and Chemtrails 11
P Sputtering, farting trails Contrails and Chemtrails 4
D Can someone please explain this video of multiple trails? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 28
FuzzyUK Debunked: Plane leaving trails from under wing [E-6 TACAMO Fuel Dump] Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Chris Bowen Photo of waves and trails Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Gary Cook Switching on and off of trails? Contrails and Chemtrails 101
mrfintoil Discussion: False memories and "No persistent trails in the past" Contrails and Chemtrails 46
C Debunked: Contrail Anomalies. [Engine Gaps and Galley Drain Trails] Contrails and Chemtrails 14
D Transparent Gaps and Fifth Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 5
U Unusual trails and clouds in Australia Contrails and Chemtrails 47
GregMc Debunked: "trails only appear over Nato countries" Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Jay Reynolds Debunked: Ship Trails Over the Pacific are Geoengineering "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Debunked: Geoengineeringwatch.org "Trails coming from Nozzles" [C-5 with normal exhaust contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Patrick Gonzalez Need help explaining: NASA images of Earth from 2017 eclipse show different shadow sizes Flat Earth 2
Stefan Leahu Proving curvature: a distant island, viewed from different heights Flat Earth 0
Inti Presenting the good stuff in Metabunk and Contrail Science in a different way? Practical Debunking 6
TEEJ Virgin Atlantic Airbus - Different coloured contrails, Kernersville, North Carolina 16th March 2016 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
TEEJ Spherian7 video - Silver Spring, Maryland, US, 25th May 2014 - Contrails - Different Colours Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch - FedEx MD-11F with different coloured contrails 29th July 2015. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ezswo Debunked: MH17 - 10 Previous Flightpaths Different From 17-7 Flight MH17 27
Vindog Debunk this [Planes at different altitude and different contrails over France] Contrails and Chemtrails 43
lamentiraestaahifuera.com Crossing planes [Planes at different heights] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
A Need explanation: What kind of plane was that? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Related Articles

Related Articles