Tic-Tac shaped UFO in 2004, Riverside

skrzitek

I apologize if this is rather speculative but I do find the following compelling which maybe points things a bit more towards the 'tic tac' being a drone that was being tested. This is an account of a sighting of something by a law enforcement officer in Riverside, CA (very close to the Catalina Islands, in the scheme of things) just a couple of weeks before the sightings by the F18 pilots:

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/reports/040/S40383.html

Occurred : 11/1/2004 11:40 (Entered as : 11/01/2004 11:40)
Reported: 11/1/2004 2:33:02 PM 14:33
Posted: 11/2/2004
Shape: Cylinder
Duration: 30 seconds
Characteristics: The object left a trail, There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object

White object seen flying north to south, reflecting sunlight.

On 11/01/04 I was going for my daily walk. The sky was blue and clear, with strong, gusty winds. About 11:40, I noticed a white object appear above the treeline in front of me. At first, I thought it was a toy balloon or maybe a plastic bag that had been blown aloft by the wind. It became apparent that the object was not being tossed about by the wind, but was proceeding from north to south, straight as an arrow and contrary to the wind direction. It passed almost directly overhead, reflecting the sunlight as it passed. It appeared to be shiny, opaque white, not self-luminous. There were no wings, fins or other protrusions visible. The shape was a short tube with rounded ends, like a vitamin capsule or maybe an aircraft drop tank. I watched it until it disappeared in the distance to the south. I estimate that it was at least several tbousand feet high, as there were jetliners visible in the sky at the same time on approach to LAX and Ontario airport. The airliners appeared much higher that the object. The speed of the object reminded me of a military jet making a pass at an airshow, fast but not supersonic. There was no noticeable noise from the object, but there was a lot of background noise due to the wind in the trees. At one point, the object passed over, or maybe through, a cloud of dust which has been carried aloft by the wind, and it appeared to either make a wake throught it or cast a shadow on it as it passed. I am a law enforcement officer with 18 years experience, and have been an airplane buff since childhood.
Content from External Source
Of course it is impossible to confirm the reliability of the witness - and care should be taken as 'flying white tube' is a typical mis-identification of a banking jet liner.

I think it is unlikely that any actual data beyond what's present in the FLIR video will ever be released to the public but perhaps information may be obtained which would suggest that the reaction to this incident was consistent with the F18 pilots unwittingly witnessing some test platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
and care should be taken as 'flying white tube' is a typical mis-identification of a banking jet liner.
A plane fits the bill here. They are commonly reported as Tic-Tacs now when they are far enough away and lit so you can't see the wings.

Planes that go directly overhead seem to move faster, as they are closer.

Back