Tianjin Explosion - Conspiracy Theories

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

A massive explosion in a dangerous materials storage area of Tianjin earlier today injured hundred of people, with an unknown number of people dead. The fireball seemed to loom over a thousand feet into the sky, towering over nearly skyscrapers.

As with any major event, conspiracy theories are likely to arise. I anticipate people will tie this to the recent devaluation of the Chinese Yuan - suggesting China is being punished for that move. Because of the large size of the explosion and mushroom cloud, people will likely suspect it was a tactical nuke.

BBC states:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33896292
According to Chinese state media, the explosion occurred when a shipment of explosives blew up at about 23:30 (16:30 GMT).
Content from External Source
http://news.xinhuanet.com/photo/2015-08/13/c_1116234351.htm
August 12, Tianjin Binhai New Area development zone after a violent explosion occurred, people flock to the street. That night around 11:30, Tianjin Binhai New Area development zone dramatic explosion, explosion ablaze, smoke caused tens of meters high.
[Update] Infowars is limiting themselves so far to repeating MSM coverage, albeit with a disproportionate focus on "Martial Law Declared" (Infowars being obsessed with the supposed coming Martial law in the US).
http://www.infowars.com/i-could-fee...-declared-42-dead-9-firemen-over-400-injured/

But the commenters are not so restrained:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this thread, as in similar threads about major emerging stories, it to keep track of the various claims and theories that arise around the event. This is both to get an accurate idea of the elements of the event that are likely to form conspiracy theories, and to record and address conspiracy theories as they happen.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything conspiracy-related pop up yet. It looks like it's an industrial accident (which are common in China).

The lens would have been fried by the flash if it had been a nuclear explosion, not to mention that it would be really incredibly stupid and insane of the U.S. to preemptively attack another nuclear power with a tactical nuclear weapon.

In any event, it is amusing how the conspiracy crowd can't decide whether they want to be anti-China or pro-China (the same goes for Islam).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's pretty obviously just an industrial accident. There's just been some fairly low level conspiracy mentions so far, in comment sections. I bet if this happened in Long Beach then the false-flaggers would be much quicker off the mark.

Just had a scan around a few CT forums, a few people are crying NUKE, but most of the crowd seam, at the moment to be going down the industrial accident route and pointing out that google earth shows the area as part of a massive petro-chemical complex
tainjin docks.jpg
Even the David Ickers are only suggesting an insurance job.
http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?p=1062561203
I wonder if it's some kind of sabotage or insurance job, but I guess we'll never know.

Some of the Nibiru crowd are now claiming meteor strike (from a large fragment of the incoming planet/comet/whatever).

Yes, it's pretty obviously just an industrial accident.

This from the BBC.

Massive explosions have hit China's northern city of Tianjin, causing at least seven deaths and reportedly injuring some 300 people.

According to Chinese state media, the blasts occurred when a shipment of explosives blew up in the port city at about 23:30 (16:30 GMT).
I'm not really sure if they mean 'shipment' in its literal sense, but if so it resembles previous historic events such as the Bombay explosion of 1944 or the Halifax explosion of 1917.

This from the BBC.

Massive explosions have hit China's northern city of Tianjin, causing at least seven deaths and reportedly injuring some 300 people.

According to Chinese state media, the blasts occurred when a shipment of explosives blew up in the port city at about 23:30 (16:30 GMT).
I'm not really sure if they mean 'shipment' in its literal sense, but if so it resembles previous historic events such as the Bombay explosion of 1944 or the Halifax explosion of 1917.
TNT shipment detonates in industrial area of #Tianjin http://www.rt.com/news/312292-china-tianjin-massive-blast/

The above photo appears to have been taken from 39.035281°, 117.733014°, looking just east of north, putting the fires, approximately half a mile to the north.

Last edited:
The more extreme anti-zionist conspiracy theory site Veterans Today has a piece by Rand Clifford

However the article says pretty much nothing about Nukes. This does not stop the commenters.

Who benefits? The about to be created Chinese Health and Safety Executive.

Oh to live in a world which there are no accidents....

Imagine if there had been no footage...? It would probably not even made the headlines....

It wasn't too long ago that many of these same folks were telling us the Chinese were going to consume our precious bodily fluids. Now China is the victim of Israel/Zionist/Rothschild/IMF/US subterfuge.

And do these dumdums know anything at all about nuclear physics?

That shockwave is intense.

Quite interesting how in a lot of the videos of the Tianjin explosion you can hear the actual shock wave transmitted through the earth (@0:19 in that video) followed by the shock wave transmitted through the air (@0:25). That would put the speed of transmission through air at ~320 m/s and through earth at ~1,290 m/s or about 4 times the speed of sound.

These are very odd people - Is he/she/they claiming this building had 21 tons of TNT inside it?

Or are they forgetting about the planes on 911?

Duck and weave......

They obviously have PhDs in physics and engineering and are confirming that this explosion and its effects upon that building can be directly compared to another one. I'm in awe of... something.

There's a bunch of stories on BeforeItsNews.com, my favourite source of conspiracy craziness.

http://beforeitsnews.com/china/2015...er-attack-after-yuan-devaluation-2451630.html
China = Tactical Thermal Nuclear Warhead? Under attack after yuan devaluation? MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS IN TIANJIN, CHINA; 44 confirmed dead and counting

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...tianjin-blasts-video-video-video-3198778.html
China’s Blast Was Nuclear? Is War On The Horizon? Apocalyptic Scenes in China After Massive Tianjin Blasts (Video) (Video) (Video)

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2...ws-in-port-china-you-were-warned-2734116.html
Chinese Ammo Ship Blows In Port – China You Were Warned

Etc.

There's a bunch of stories on BeforeItsNews.com, my favourite source of conspiracy craziness.

http://beforeitsnews.com/china/2015...er-attack-after-yuan-devaluation-2451630.html
China = Tactical Thermal Nuclear Warhead? Under attack after yuan devaluation? MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS IN TIANJIN, CHINA; 44 confirmed dead and counting

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...tianjin-blasts-video-video-video-3198778.html
China’s Blast Was Nuclear? Is War On The Horizon? Apocalyptic Scenes in China After Massive Tianjin Blasts (Video) (Video) (Video)

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2...ws-in-port-china-you-were-warned-2734116.html
Chinese Ammo Ship Blows In Port – China You Were Warned

Etc.

BeforeItNews tells us that the "Chicoms" want to take over America and the world, but then here they posit China as the victim. Make up your minds, guys.

The media is focusing on sodium cyanide and calcium carbide. The former is not explosive and it seems unlikely that CaC2 could rapidly release enough acetylene to generate a fuel-air explosion of the magnitude shown. Since the company was storing and transporting NaCN, which is used for gold mining, one can speculate that they were also storing ammonia nitrate, which is the oxidizing component of the common mining explosive ANFO. This was the culprit in the Texas City explosion of 1947.

The Texas City disaster was an industrial accident that occurred April 16, 1947, in the Port of Texas City. It was the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history, and one of the largest non-nuclear explosions. Originating with a mid-morning fire on board the French-registered vessel SSGrandcamp (docked in the port), her cargo of approximately 2,300 tons (approximately 2,100 metric tons) of ammonium nitrate detonated, with the initial blast and subsequent chain-reaction of further fires and explosions in other ships and nearby oil-storage facilities killing at least 581 people, including all but one member of the Texas City fire department.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_disaster

I'm pretty sure this is yet another accident caused by the very same kind of thing which has put me in similar situations over the last 8 years. I only left Tianjin in Feb, my wife and baby still in the city but in Hedong district which is about 15 miles or so away on the north side of the river, near the airport. She didn't even hear it in those buildings, I guess other buildings shielded the blast. My ex manager didn't hear it either, I think he was gaming.
In 2011, a building set on fire on Bing Jiang Dao, the main shopping street in downtown Tianjin. It was a lowish building with 2 floors. Two fire trucks arrived and without coordination, people climbed up both sides of the building and one side turned on a pressure hose resulting in nearly blowing 2 men off the other side of the roof. The mall opposite where I lived in Hedong which is still under construction has been in flames at least 3 times while I lived there. Once was due to someone smoking while stirring some kind of solvents. The Chinese residents are angry, TJTV were still broadcasting movies and regular scheduling long after the event apparently. When I think about the sheer volume of incidents I have witnessed, heard of or been involved in myself during my many years over there, this, while unprecedented still did not come as so much of a surprise in many ways. Right now the problem however is the fact that there are still so many unknown chemicals and they are evacuated. The fires are burning and fresh explosions are taking place. I'm concerned this is going to be like dominoes, unable to control the existing fires they may spread to a much larger area of Teda and effect other storage areas.

BeforeItNews tells us that the "Chicoms" want to take over America and the world, but then here they posit China as the victim. Make up your minds, guys.

Let me get this straight. It's outrageous to believe the Chinese government has an agenda against the US and feel sorry for the citizens at the same time? What logic.

Let me get this straight. It's outrageous to believe the Chinese government has an agenda against the US and feel sorry for the citizens at the same time? What logic.

You misunderstand. The conflict here is who is in supposedly in charge of the New World Order conspiracy, nothing to do with the people.

No, it's outrageous and illogical to believe the Chinese government has an agenda against the US (which sometimes veers into paranoid Sinophobia), but then accuse the US of doing a false flag attack against China and seeing that as a bad thing. If you oppose the Chicoms in power, why get outraged if they take a hit?

From what I read about this event the other day, it sounds like a fire fighting effort was happening during the explosion. Not only do you have chemicals that may not react well with fire, but there could have been some that didn't react well with water as well. That can also cause an explosion.

This video was posted to youtube by an American resident in the port showing the damage in the area surrounding his apartment building, supposedly he was about 1km away from the explosion.

Since the company was storing and transporting NaCN, which is used for gold mining, one can speculate that they were also storing ammonia nitrate

I've seen several news sites now stating AN is stored in bulk at the site. http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...st-site-evacuated-over-chemical-fears/6700008
This link doesn't specifically mention bulk storage but repeats the theory of AN contributing.

There was a big explosion last year in Queensland where a shipment of AN on a truck caught fire, resulting in massive explosion: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-07/ammonium-nitrate-truck-explosion-site/5725904

Lesson learned the hard way - If AN is contained and subjected to intense heat it can detonate.

The biggest smoking gun of all is being ignored in your discussion. There is a big friggin' crater in the middle of the impacted area. The soil is standard brown and the ground is fractured. Everything is pulverized around the crater for a few hundred meters. Do chemical explosions create large craters? I guess that would be your most effective debunk. Bring it on. http://winteractionables.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/urbm7C.png

In this flyover you only really see the scorched or normal looking damage one might expect from chemicals exploding at a distance, not in the proximity of the crater. At about 2:00 in this clip you can see the crater clearly, and then the rest of the blast radius. The crater is in the center. The initial blast does NOT looking like chemical explosions, only the secondary blasts looks chemically induced.

This looks like a hyper-velocity kinetic energy hit. We may very well be seeing the infamous "rod from God" in action. No explosives necessary as a Mach 10 heavy metal rod impact is sufficient. Very hard to trace as well other than the craters. All the suspects can deny it and play dumb.

Puts China in a rough spot, as it's fourth largest port is shut down right in the middle of a stock market bust. China would be the largest beneficiary of removal of sanctions on ally Iran. And there is quite the bunker busting message here. Yes, the currency war aspect has been mentioned as well.

[Video removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest smoking gun of all is being ignored in your discussion. There is a big friggin' crater in the middle of the impacted area. The soil is standard brown and the ground is fractured. Everything is pulverized around the crater for a few hundred meters. Do chemical explosions create large craters?

https://www.youtube.com/show/mythbusters-show

This looks like a hyper-velocity kinetic energy hit.

Based on personal experience?

Do chemical explosions create large craters?
Since all explosives are made from chemicals - absolutely yes. At least every shot I've fired has left a crater of some sort. If you look at the link I provided above re the AN explosion, there are pictures there of the destruction related to a "chemical" explosion - 56 tons of pure AN. There was debris and destruction spread around 2-3Km radius, disintegrated the truck carrying it as well as massive damage to the attending fire truck, AND, more importantly, left about a 5 metre crater in the earth.

The initial blast does NOT looking like chemical explosions, only the secondary blasts looks chemically induced.

Can you please differentiate what a "chemical" explosion vs a "non-chemical" explosion should look like, and how you can tell from this image?

This looks like a hyper-velocity kinetic energy hit. We may very well be seeing the infamous "rod from God" in action.

Are there any other "rod from god" strikes you could compare this to to give us a bit more of an example? There's plenty of evidence that governments want this tech, but haven't got it yet. DoD is apparently aiming for development around 2025.

All the suspects can deny it and play dumb.

...but yet internet experts can work it out.

And why strike the fourth biggest port? Why strike a port at all?

Last edited:
Fires and explosions are commonplace, and this is what this looks like.

Acts of war between non-warring superpowers using secret weapons systems are incredibly rare, and you don't know what they look like.

Please refrain from extraordinary speculation without extraordinary evidence.

Back