Technocracy by ruling elite

Greg

"Speaking of a future at most only decades away, an experimenter in intelligence control asserted, 'I foresee a time when we shall have the means and therefore, inevitably, the temptation to manipulate the behavior and intellectual functioning of all the people through environmental and biochemical manipulation of the brain.'"
Content from External Source
Zbigniew Brezinski, Between Two Ages, America's Role in the Technotronic Era 1970

"The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."
Zbigniew Brezinski, Between Two Ages, America's Role in the Technotronic Era 1970

This seems like jet fuel for "conspiracy theory" to me. Anyone care to make observations and/or debunk. Apologies, if this subject is listed somewhere else - couldn't find anything on it.

Someone foreseeing something is not the same as it happening. People also foresaw utopias of leisure with robots doing all the work, where is that?

"Speaking of a future at most only decades away, an experimenter in intelligence control asserted, 'I foresee a time when we shall have the means and therefore, inevitably, the temptation to manipulate the behavior and intellectual functioning of all the people through environmental and biochemical manipulation of the brain.'"

"The technetronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

This seems like jet fuel for "conspiracy theory" to me. Anyone care to make observations and/or debunk. Apologies, if this subject is listed somewhere else - couldn't find anything on it.
Sure. Efforts to micromanage popular opinion or reactions through chemical or even genetic engineering would be crushed by natural forces like evolution, self preservation instincts, brain plasticity and sheer lack of knowledge about what all those synapses are really doing.

Back