Some depopulation quotes to debunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarJLS

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels. -Prince Phillip

"A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."
Ted Turner"

In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it."
J. Cousteau, 1991 explorer and UNESCO courier

"We must speak more clearly about sexuality, contraception, about abortion, about values that control population, because the ecological crisis, in short, is the population crisis. Cut the population by 90% and there aren't enough people left to do a great deal of ecological damage."
Mikhail Gorbachev

"World population needs to be decreased by 50%"
Henry Kissinger

"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing."
David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Bill Gates quotes are on the video in the link (I don't know how to embed)

https://archive.org/details/WipeOutHumans-BillGates-VaccinesArebestWayToDepopulatePlanet

WeedWhacker

OK...thanks for finding those (questionable origin) "quotes".

Keep going...please debunk them. That is rather the point, here. It's not about just "asking" others to do it.
I'd suggest taking a little time and research, on your own, to fully grasp the truth (or falsehoods) that may
underlie these alleged "quotes".

One thread per quote, would be my recommendation......

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
And if they really said that, then there's no debunk.
The David Brower quote seems to originate from a 1990 book by Dixie Lee Ray, Trashing The Planet.

Trailblazer

Staff member
And if they really said that, then there's no debunk.
The David Brower quote seems to originate from a 1990 book by Dixie Lee Ray, Trashing The Planet.
David Brower does seem to have had a bee in his bonnet about overpopulation.

http://www.applythebrakes.org/leader_detail.asp?id=9

He had four children, by the way.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Many conspiracy sites have this quoted attributed to an Audubon Magazine interview from 2006.

http://archive.audubonmagazine.org/

Searching the Audubon site yields nothing for me, nor is there any mention of Ted Turner in the index of any of the 2006 (on-line) issues.
This gives the source of the Ted Turner quote as "Power & Money" by Don McAlvany, Fall 1997, p6.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=A6VI8-vqpTkC&pg=PA47&dq=ted turner A total world population of 250-300 million&hl=en&sa=X&ei=fptSVPL2F8POsQSXvIK4CA&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=ted turner A total world population of 250-300 million&f=false

I can't find any reference to that source - if you Google it you only get references to this same quote - but this seems to be the same Don McAlvany:

https://mcalvanyintelligenceadvisor.com/about-don-mcalvany

He sells books on the "New World Order" and "persecution of Christians in America", so I think we can gauge his mindset: https://mcalvanyintelligenceadvisor.com/Product

NoParty

Senior Member.
The beauty part is that the massive depopulation shall be led by
the same incompetent morons who get a total "fail" for keeping the
massive depopulation plan secret...by revealing it in books and such.
"First rule of Wholesale Slaughter Club: Don't talk about Wholesale Slaughter Club!"

LouV

Efftup

Senior Member.
Yes, I think a lot of people are genuinely concerned with overpopulation, and most of these quotes simply reflect that.
none of them REALLY seem to be saying we should and will deliberately kill off populations.
If they can stem people having babies faster than the people are dying then the population will go down, even if it's relatively slow at first.

I remember being told in biology lessons at school that in India people used to have loads of kids cos a good proportion would die young. once the health system got better, people were still having lots of kids so that to decrease the population they were offering a free vasectomy and throwing in a transistor radio as a sweetener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
JDubyah Website Deagel.com projects massive depopulation by 2025 Conspiracy Theories 30
TemplarJLS Debunked:"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be... - Prince Philip Quotes Debunked 3
Cairenn Depopulation of the Gulf coast Conspiracy Theories 5
Cairenn Depopulation of the Gulf coast Conspiracy Theories 5
Mick West Debunked: Agenda 21, ICLEI, Sovereignty, UN, Depopulation Conspiracy Theories 230
J Debunked: Anti evolution quotes Quotes Debunked 10
Willie Did Gandhi say this? General Discussion 2
Mick West Attached images should now appear in quotes. Site Feedback & News 4
Steviev55 Context: George Bush's New World Order quotes. Quotes Debunked 33
HappyMonday Attribution of Schopenhauer's Three Stages of Truth Quotes Debunked 8
Mick West The power of selective quotes General Discussion 3
Farganne Anyone care to debunk these two Rockefeller quotes? Conspiracy Theories 132
Mick West Conspiracy Quotes Quotes Debunked 25
Mick West How to Debunk Quotes Quotes Debunked 0
Mick West How to use the "Quotes Debunked" Forum Quotes Debunked 11
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 0
chrono117 How to Debunk Flat Earth Without Relying on NASA or Photos Flat Earth 42
Rory Explained: How Mount Rainier helps demonstrate the shape of the globe Flat Earth 38
Rory Debunked: 120-mile shot of San Jacinto proves flat earth Flat Earth 39
George Tasker Using pin hole lenses to debunk CGI Rebuttals of Photos of Earth Curvature Flat Earth 7
Tom Binney Does my FE Debunk in this case make sense to you guys? Practical Debunking 23
derwoodii My eyes deceived me so I had to debunk myself Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
N How can I debunk the orbs in this photo? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 22
HoaxEye How to calculate the visible fraction of the Earth [e.g. 1972 Blue Marble, Apollo 17] Flat Earth 27
N Please help me to debunk this topic: stranges sphere outside of the ISS. General Discussion 18
Mick West Fireproof Cabbage, Burning Snow, Flat Earth - Are Some Things too Silly to Debunk? Practical Debunking 7
Mick West Burying the Debunk: How Fake News about "Pyramids" in Antarctica Creates False Balance UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 2
TWCobra Flat earth Debunk-change in apparent altitude of clouds as seen from airliner Flat Earth 2
Mick West An Easy Experiment to Debunk the Flat Earth by Observing the Size of the Sun Flat Earth 55
passionfly1 Lets finally debunk Nico and Marco Kaschuba (video hoaxers) People Debunked 0
Svartbjørn The Solar System.. To Scale (just for fun, nothing to debunk here) General Discussion 0
Mick West What to do about the Flat Earthers? Debunk, or ignore? Flat Earth 238
Critical Thinker Why we debunk and who do we reach. Practical Debunking 2
C MH370: Help me debunk this General Discussion 21
TemplarJLS Can someone debunk this George Washington quote? Quotes Debunked 6
Henk001 High altitude clouds don't have a cooling effect Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mike Fl Can someone debunk this? Sandy Hook Shooting 100% Fraud Proof in 2 mins. - Photo Time Analysis Sandy Hook 21
Stevan Gvozdenovic Let's debunk my (very simple) perpetuum mobile Science and Pseudoscience 57
M Debunk: The horizon never falling as proof of flat Earth theory Flat Earth 29
WeedWhacker Let's imagine the actual area of the sky, above.... Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Dan Wilson PopSci article claiming to debunk ten GMO myths Health and Quackery 10
Vindog Debunk this [Planes at different altitude and different contrails over France] Contrails and Chemtrails 43
Critical Thinker Gawker article: Why I Write About (and Debunk) the Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory Contrails and Chemtrails 0
W Debunk NASA is proposing spraying stratospheric aerosols. Contrails and Chemtrails 9
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Jeffrey Orling Is there anything about 9/11 left to debunk 9/11 46
C Help debunk please!? [Contrail Grids, Weather Modification, Fuel Dumping] Contrails and Chemtrails 18
George B Debunk: Kinder gentler Debunking is better. . . ?? Practical Debunking 38
Noblelox Practical bunk used to debunk Boston Marathon Bombings 18
Alchemist Please Debunk: The Drills (conflicting info from 2 reputable sources) Boston Marathon Bombings 13
Related Articles

Related Articles