Satellite View of Central Florida Fallstreaks 12-12-2014

scombrid

We have extensive clouds at the 20-25k foot level streaming across central FL today. Flights from south Florida are putting impressive holes in those clouds as they climb through to cruise altitude. Here are a screen grab from 0945 and 1245 EST. The loop is impressive showing how quickly that layer of clouds is flowing out of the west. I wish I had gotten photographs of the streaks from the ground in Brevard Co this morning before the streaky layer shifted further south. That really long streak west of Tampa Bay in the 1245 shot should be well matured as it drifts over Brevard in a couple of hourse. Maybe I'll go out and grab a shot of it.
fallstreak2.jpg fallstreaks.jpg

Trailblazer

Staff member
Looks like some nice ripples in the cloud too. No doubt that will be exciting a few "HAARP" proponents...

scombrid

Yeah, we have stable cool air below 20k feet and that "river" of air flowing over it has some standing waves in it.

That big fallstreak I wanted to photograph sheered out before it got here. It was only recognizable because it was a diffuse patch of virga that had a sun dog and a circumzenth arc round about 1500 EST. The altostratus clouds are water clouds and don't refract light like that. The ice that forms the virga of a fallstreak might. Although I'm not sure if the circumzenith arc is in the virga or showing through the virga from cirrostratus above. I'll be damned if I can get my camera-phone to pick up the circumzenith arc though :( .

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Satellite ADS-B Data in FlightAware24 - Blue Planes Prove Globe Earth Flat Earth 0
Mick West How to test if Satellites are real Flat Earth 2
Priyadi Explained: Why We Don't See Satellites in Photos Taken From The ISS Flat Earth 1
Trailspotter Contrail cross over Tasmania and spinning contrails over Victoria Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Origo Unidentified Satellite/Star in Southern Sweden 2011? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Walter Bislin Checking the Oblateness of the earth with highres Satellite Images Flat Earth 1
Mick West Matching GOES-16 or other Geostationary Satellite Views in Google Earth Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Explained: "Satellite" crashing attached to a balloon [Google's Project Loon] Flat Earth 0
Mick West How to Prove Satellite Images are Real - Ground Truth Flat Earth 16
Mick West Full-Disk HD Images of the Earth from Satellites Flat Earth 94
ki_cz Claim: Satellite imagery showing 'sheet' of contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West GOES-16 Satellite Images of Contrails Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Debunked: Carbon Monoxide "Explosion" on US West Coast Feb 26th? [Terra Satellite Glitch] General Discussion 13
Trailspotter Formation and Evolution of a Contrail Grid - Satellite Time-Lapse Video Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
SR1419 Water Vapor loop Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
G ASTER satellite data of Aluminum on the surface of the Earth Contrails and Chemtrails 13
Trailspotter The skies from above and below Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 22
Herman Aven Confirmed Claim: disputed satelite imagery showing "changes in vegetation" Flight MH17 14
TEEJ Bellingcat Analysis of Satellite Imagery Used In Russian Claims Against Ukraine Flight MH17 104
Trailspotter Giant "distrail" across England Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
JesseCuster Satellite photos of clouds Practical Debunking 3
N Debunked: Nuclear cloud on Indian Mars Orbiter image Conspiracy Theories 29
Trailspotter The Blue Marble "super-contrail" Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Mick West Explained: Giant "Contrails" going from Africa to Australia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
cmnit Contrails in satellite images pre-1995 Contrails and Chemtrails 23
Trailblazer "Chemtrail plane" on Google Maps (plane + contrail captured by satellite) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Jason Debunked: MH17: Supposed satellite video of missile launch [Fake] Flight MH17 14
CapnPegleg Debunked: Photo of "Nessie" in Apple Maps Satellite image of Loch Ness [Boat] Science and Pseudoscience 16
veproject1 Perpetual Satellite Science and Pseudoscience 6
Leifer Flightradar24 + Satellite Overlay - Contrails over South England and London Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Jay Reynolds UARS satellite re-entry video hoax or mistake? UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Stefan Leahu Using railways to view curvature Flat Earth 3
edby View across Utah Lake Flat Earth 34
Soundly A Side View of the Curvature of the Earth at Lake Pontchartrain Flat Earth 55
RichT A View From the Rabbit Hole. Practical Debunking 9
Rory Debunked: View of Blue Ridge Mountains impossible on spherical earth Flat Earth 95
DJC Explained: The View of Toronto from Hamilton [600+ feet up] Flat Earth 53
C Debunked: Boston bombing recovery photo makes no sense from medical point of view Conspiracy Theories 47
Mick West Debunked: Giant Bird In Flight On Mars Caught In NASA Billion Pixel View UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 31
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Trailspotter Investigated: W-shaped contrail near Central California Coast Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 51
Related Articles

Related Articles