Russian DashCam 'Explosion'

Gridlock

Senior Member.
Apologies, as ever, if the wrong place, but I couldn't help but feel you guys would like this;

My Russkiy is russtiy, but could be anything from a fog-bound firework to a meteorite to a missile test?

The timing of the brake lights in front suggests to me (on the face of it) this is an actual event rather than a digital thingy. But hoax has to be in the list, of course.

Edit - Leonid? http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...ploded_in_the_sky_over_the_sverdlovsk/cm659b0

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
Certainly looks like a bright fireball (as in meteor) obscured by cloud. The duration looks comparable to other meteor videos I've seen. I'm checking around for confirmation.

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
The event occurred near town Rezh in Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia. Apart of DashCams on the road, the event was captured on a phone by some kids in the town:

It probably was a bolide. Amongst many other versions, discussed on the russian sites, there is a notable one about the planned destruction of explosives in the area. However, the Russian military officials deny any involvement.

Hevach

Senior Member.
Destruction of explosives isn't done in the air, anyway. Military explosives generally don't make a bright Hollywood style fireball, either. Munition destruction looks more like this:

Only thing a military could do that would mimic a bolide would be an atmospheric nuclear test, and if Russia had done that there would be so much diplomatic shit hitting so many fans there's no way it wouldn't be all over every news channel.

CeruleanBlu

Senior Member.
Another angle of this explosion shows the possibility of being ground based, with the sky merely reflecting and magnifying the light.

A screenshot at about 14 seconds into the new video.

I found this at the following link, it was posted as an update to the original story.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/11/19/russian_fireball_another_meteor.html

Edit: Video appears to be borked at this time, so a direct link here.
Edit 2: Nope. I don't know how to do this properly it seems. This is the link, with a space or two added to break the linking mechanism so I can figure it out.

http: //www.liveleak.com/view? i=729_1416378619

Edit 3: Found a YouTube mirror of it, hoping that one works.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
Another angle of this explosion shows the possibility of being ground based, with the sky merely reflecting and magnifying the light.

A screenshot at about 14 seconds into the new video.

I found this at the following link, it was posted as an update to the original story.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/11/19/russian_fireball_another_meteor.html

Edit: Video appears to be borked at this time, so a direct link here.
Edit 2: Nope. I don't know how to do this properly it seems. This is the link, with a space or two added to break the linking mechanism so I can figure it out.

http: //www.liveleak.com/view? i=729_1416378619

Edit 3: Found a YouTube mirror of it, hoping that one works.
Very interesting. Certainly looks like something is there on the ground. Has anyone pinned down the location of the videos, to triangulate a position?

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Stefan Leahu Russian ammo depot explosion near Achinsk, Krasnoyarsk Current Events 14
Mick West Russian Nuclear Sub Fire Kills 14, Current Events 9
tadaaa Debunked: Fake photos-Novichok attack Russian 'agents' (side by side gates) General Discussion 34
Mick West Russian Claims of a "False Flag" Chemical Weapons Attack in Douma, Syria Current Events 10
Mick West Conspiracy? Trump Repeating Falsely Attributed Quote from Russian Media. Conspiracy Theories 26
S Claim: Russian radar would have picked up MH17 missile Flight MH17 15
Mick West Explained: Head Of The Army Admits to "Little Green Men" [Covert Russian Agents] Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Did Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev say "World War"? General Discussion 28
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Pythagoras Drones shot down in Turkey and Ukraine, Russian or not? General Discussion 20
TEEJ Contrails during Russian Navy Cruise Missile Strike in Syria, 2015 Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Trigger Hippie Russian Troll Houses Practical Debunking 24
TEEJ Bellingcat Analysis of Satellite Imagery Used In Russian Claims Against Ukraine Flight MH17 104
Bruce Lansberg Claim: Jeroen Akkermans: Framents prove MH17 was shot down by a Russian made BUK Flight MH17 34
D RF humaid convoy to Donbass unloaded weapons and ammo 30th Nov 2014 General Discussion 0
moderateGOP Russian "Hack of the Century" General Discussion 23
Mick West Debunked: Russian TV3's X-Version Segment on "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 0
MikeC Russian graphics Flight MH17 4
CbIncus Russian Chemtrail Activists Contrails and Chemtrails 11
FreiZeitGeist Russian ICBM-Test photographed from the ISS Science and Pseudoscience 4
Pete Tar Debunked: Soul Leaving Body Photo (Russian scientist Konstantin Korotkov) Science and Pseudoscience 18
lamentiraestaahifuera.com DEBUNKED: Russian girl levitating in a forest UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
Joe Hill Beirut Explosion -- Evidence It Wasn't Just A Surface Explosion Current Events 21
Mick West Explosion at Plantation, Florida Current Events 0
Mick West 2017 Manchester Arena Explosions Current Events 13
Mick West Debunked: Carbon Monoxide "Explosion" on US West Coast Feb 26th? [Terra Satellite Glitch] General Discussion 13
Trailblazer Explained: "Beam" in Video of Explosion In Iraq. [Rolling Shutter Artifact] General Discussion 11
TWCobra AA77-Pentagon explosion plume compared to known aircraft fires 9/11 0
Mick West Almaz-Antey's Live BUK explosion tests Flight MH17 141
Bruno D. Debunked: Tianjin explosion was caused by a nuke Conspiracy Theories 3
Chew The Tianjin explosion and the scaling laws of nuclear weapons Conspiracy Theories 6
Mick West Tianjin Explosion - Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories 58
joelb79 Video shows missile hitting West Texas fertilizer plant Conspiracy Theories 272
Cairenn Waco, TX, Fertilizer Explosion: Illustration of how the wrong information gets posted General Discussion 13
Mick West Debunked: Natural News - Boston controlled explosion exercise Boston Marathon Bombings 99
Mick West Debunked: Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky (Weather Balloon) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Related Articles

Related Articles