Requesting "lock topic"

Josh Heuer

We as users have the ability to report other user's posts when we feel they are against the posting guidelines or politeness policy, and I'm sure this helps admins out greatly in their moderating and keeping threads civil and focused.

How about adding the ability to request a topic to be locked? Seems like it might be another way for us users to help the admins moderate things when topics go astray.

I agree with that method, that's one way of doing it.

Here's my 'complaint' though:

Sometimes I come to a thread and it's gone 10+ posts off topic, with random chitchat, and I don't think it's reasonable to report all of those posts or I don't think it's fair to single out one person's post to report.

In the same regards, I don't want to add another off topic post requesting it to be locked. Usually you guys are pretty quick to get threads back on topic or locked as needed but sometimes they go on a bit too long.

It's just a suggestion to think about, maybe down the road you might find it to be of value. Thanks for the consideration Mick.

Edit: yeah your way is probably better, no use cluttering the boards with extra options when I can get the same effect using the report button.

Back